Let's Boycott The Times & Herald

Guardian

Since these two papers have taken such an anti-Rangers stance. Might as well call it the Evening Tims.

Led by Daryll King, a sock puppet for Dave King, these scurrilous rags have gathered together every lie, negative rumour and half-baked story about Rangers and peddled them as fact.

Yesterday they had to backtrack and even went so far as to put Sportstimes as the writer to save Kings face.

Doubtless today will bring another set of sensationalised BS as they seek to cover their arses.

It was always lightweight journalism at best anyway, but all notions of balance have now gone out the window. Let's see how they get on with only one half of the auld firm buying their rags.

I haven't bought a paper since the turn of the year just a bit fed up with them. Why would you need a paper when you have access to RM?

i have bought the papers the last two days cause i had to go out early . i come back and before i can read my papers most storys have been posted up on ehre all ready. i cant say anything but if i wasnt out i would have posted them up when i got up haha.

Bought the rangers news' today too. great interviews in it this week.

2 posts in and he's boycottin the World, he's a journo ! Some o yees are jist to obvious noo ! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:sherlock:

PS - I wouldn't worry about these 2 papers because once their contract work runs out which is the only thing keeping them open at the moment they will be emptied out !

I knew my name would backfire when I decided to post about the papers.

Since the ref blew the final whistle against Hibs, the Times has been in overdrive slating Rangers, using mostly pish they've invented and spun.

Every day since, they have gone backwards a bit as their "exclusives" get shown up for what they are.

I hate that kind of hysterical biased journalism. I hope king ends up fired, cos he's lost any credibility he ever had.

I gave up buyng and reading the herald , years ago, when it still traded -falsely in my view- as the glasgow herald. My reasons were its increasingly anti Rangers stance, its prediliction for snide jokes and asides about the Church of Scotland, and other reformed churches, and an increasingly servile attitude to the church of rome and all its works. Nothing in the last 25 years has given me even the skightest cause to review that decision. The herald was, is, and no doubt will remain a paper in thrall to the irish catholic minority in this country and its agenda.

so why you choose that name and then come on and talk about newspapers ?

It seemed a good name at the time. I didn't know one of my first posts would be about papers, but I knew it would get dug up as I typed it.

It's pure coincidence, I'm no a journo.

If I was I'd hardly have called myself after a paper LOL

Are we in danger of mixing up bad journalism with someone having an agenda? King for example, we are reliably informed is a Rangers supporter, yet he has been responsible for a number of factually incorrect stories, with a sensationalist angle recently. Does that mean the Herald group is anti-Rangers, anti-Murray, pro-King or simply under resourced and running stories from whatever sources they have? Scotland's broadsheet's in particular have been badly run for a while now and part of the proof of that is the quality of stories we see.