You know you've been a Rangers fan for ages

*Manticore*

Can anyone mind John Greig going around Ibrox in the pony and trap 1974-75 season, i think it was after we won the league with the trophy.Iam sure we lost to Airdrie that day and the crowd was about 60,000.

Aye, I was at that game.

TBH Greig looked like a bit of a fud on his chariot biggrin.gif

I've a funny feeling this might have been the first game I was at! I was only wee!! I have a vague memory or someone like Richard Park (ex Radio Snyde) doing the MC that day (but am not 100% sure - the memory fades due to advancing years!!!)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that game,nvager...and I think you are correct that Maxie scored the winner.Wee Hubbard was never going to miss that penalty because it's amazing to think that he scored 77 goals for us and that 54 of them were penalty kicks....What a record to have..57 penalties and only missed 3 of them.(tu)

Strictly speaking he missed none, the three he didn't score were saved.

As he points out pretty well every time he opens his mouth it seems :D

when we could only have 2 subs and the shirts were numbered 1 - 11. (my old boy says he remembers when we didnt have subs at all. i asked him what happened when a player got injured, he said they were just put out on the wing)

when we could only have 2 subs and the shirts were numbered 1 - 11. (my old boy says he remembers when we didnt have subs at all. i asked him what happened when a player got injured, he said they were just put out on the wing)

That's right..they were expected to 'run it off' by haring down the wing and getting dem crosses in!!

When someone behind you pissed down the back of your leg, and when the programme had a number on it and at half time numbers were read out and if you had that number you won £50 also in the programme dont know if you remember they took pictures of sections of the crowd if your head was circled you won two tickets for the next home match not forgetting when the fans used to sing "Parlane, Parlane born as the king of Ibrox park" oh and when wee bud sat on the ball against THE ENEMY in the 1970 League cup final, I could go on and on but as Victor says to Jack "Thats plenty" :uk:

when we could only have 2 subs and the shirts were numbered 1 - 11.

...and if the keeper got injured or sent off one of the outfielders had to get the goalie shirt off him and go in goal! Made for some interesting games, I quite miss it in a way.

Balls had laces, boys gate 1 shilling and european games 50 pence. The Govan ferry, Rangers fans dresed in best suits to attend the games. The sash sung at Scotland games, bottles of screw tops and whisky glasses, crash helmets painted with King Billy.

Don't heidy the cock!

Willie Henderson on the wing, Jim Forrest centre forward, Jim Baxter left half(trapping the ball with his bum),Ronnie McKinnon centre half, George Niven in goal. MEMORIES.

Going back to 1971 heading to perth with ma Gran to visit ma uncle. The train was full of bears and ma gran was dressed heid tae toe in Emerald Green (her favourite colour apparently) The bears were getting rattled but one guy brought oot an apple and shouted 'hi wee man, dae want an aipple," A shouts "Aye ta mister" he looks at ma gran an' says "Are you a wee SELLIK Man then" "naw" says me 4 year auld chest oot, "Rangers" he ruffled ma hair then they all broke into the The Sash.

Can anyone mind John Greig going around Ibrox in the pony and trap 1974-75 season, i think it was after we won the league with the trophy.Iam sure we lost to Airdrie that day and the crowd was about 60,000.

Aye, I was at that game.

TBH Greig looked like a bit of a fud on his chariot biggrin.gif

I've a funny feeling this might have been the first game I was at! I was only wee!! I have a vague memory or someone like Richard Park (ex Radio Snyde) doing the MC that day (but am not 100% sure - the memory fades due to advancing years!!!)

That was definately my first Rangers game, I was sure Andy Cameron was the MC. I was in the Centenary Stand witrh my old fella. Still remember the old undergound on the way to the game, felt like iot would fall apart any minute.

Going back to 1971 heading to perth with ma Gran to visit ma uncle. The train was full of bears and ma gran was dressed heid tae toe in Emerald Green (her favourite colour apparently) The bears were getting rattled but one guy brought oot an apple and shouted 'hi wee man, dae want an aipple," A shouts "Aye ta mister" he looks at ma gran an' says "Are you a wee SELLIK Man then" "naw" says me 4 year auld SPITTIN THE DUMMY oot, "Rangers" he ruffled ma hair then they all broke into the The Sash.

:)