2009/10 Official Season Review DVD

Amac9

Last year's DVD was very poor. Some games where missed out, some goals did not get shown and the POTY award ceremony was a 2 minute clip showing a bit part of interviews with a few players. Overall it was a big let down and there were a few people on here who actually took it back to the shop complaining at how poor it was.

The 1998/99 video, 2002/03 video and the 2004/05 DVD were terrific. Plenty of interviews that covered pre-season games, interviews with new signings, coverage of the POTY award ceremony and all the match action covered in detail.

Now with this year being one of the best in recent seasons surely it is not asking too much to have an end of season DVD that covers everything?

IMO all games should be shown on the DVD, even the 0-0, a clip of the "highlights" sint much to ask. I get the Liverpool season review every year and they show all the goals and show a bit of every game, even the drab 0-0 :)

I still have both the first to 50 and one eck of a double videos and both (im pretty sure) have extensive pre-season coverage with plenty interviews throughout. That s what made them fantastic to watch!

I agree the last couple have been lazy to say the least

Absolutely. after the success last year, we all anticipated a magic complilation of celebrating a tremendous victory.

We were let down - big time!

Many reviews from the fans, the only people these dvds are aimed at....read: MUST DO BETTER.

Lets see if our feelings have been heard and if changes will be made.

Personally i wouldnt hold my breath, however, in the financial situation we find ourselves in, they may, just may, surprise us all ;)

Heres hoping!!

the first to 50 DVD was the best season review DVD i have ever seen

even highlights of the pre season tour of america were included, along with interviews during the tour etc

hell we even got the goal from the opening day of that season away to killie when there wasnt a TV deal in place for the opening day of the season

The 2007/2008 review was brilliant. Featured every goal of every game, even goals against us.

Only downside was the fucking narrator, says it all when his name is Keith Downie...

I have to ask, do these DVDs have subtitles on them? when i picked up a few in the shops, they did not list them on the back, this put me off buying them, as i am unable to watch them without said subtitles.

• 4 weeks later...
That's why we're champions was the favourite refrain of the joyous supporters as Rangers motored to their second successive SPL title for the first time in a decade in what was an incredible 2009/10 campaign. Walter Smith and his backroom squad galvanised the team to deliver one of the greatest title successes in the Club s history. A world record 53rd League Championship and 26th League Cup success were achieved through organisation, determination and fantastic performances. In the end it was a procession to glory with the coronation coming three games from the end when Kyle Lafferty s left foot strike gave Rangers the victory they needed over Hibernian at Easter Road. Rangers Ride Again is the story of the astonishing campaign with all of the action and a host of exclusive interviews with the men that mattered. Captain David Weir looks back over a glorious season in which he didn t miss a minute of SPL action while teenage defender Danny Wilson talks about his stunning breakthrough. Steven Davis talks about the season of his life while Lee McCulloch reflects on the best campaign of his career, finding new life in a central midfield position, and Mo Edu recalls the joy of winning the crucial Old Firm game in February. Goal heroes Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd discuss their fantastic partnership and Miller reflects on the astonishing Co-operative Insurance Cup final victory over St Mirren when his sensational goal gave nine-man Rangers one of the most remarkable Hampden triumphs. Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall give their verdicts on the season when Rangers triumphed against the odds and Manager of the Season, Walter Smith, describes 2009/10 as one of finest of his illustrious career.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched this last night and I have to say that I was very impressed with it, much better than last year's attempt. Showed every game and goal in the SPL, all the action from the CL, CIS Cup action as well as plenty of interviews with a number of different players and the management team, POTY awards ceremony and the Hall of Fame awards ceremony. The only games it didn't show was the Scottish Cup games.

Overall an excellent season review :clap: