Should we have been given a Penalty?

Boab

You can play advantage on a penalty <cr>

I've seen it happen before but only because the attacking team was guarenteed a tap in and the ref saw this. Any other case playing advantage is a poor call on the refs part.

100% penalty. Another decision the ref got woefully wrong last night. Still, it's a masonic conspiracy, eh? :rolleyes:

I actually think last night's refereeing performance was influenced by celtc's greeting about decisions going against them. Murray was clearly not willing to be included in that, so anything 50/50 went celtc's way.

If it was anywhere else on the fucking park it would have been a freekick, the ref shat out of it and no doubt there would have been a timplosion had the penalty won us the game.

Calum Murray has an awful night. He wasn't giving us FK's but not even 2 minutes later, the same offence on a celtc player and he's giving it.

That was a stone wall penalty for me, but that's Football, you get some decision and you don't

My first reaction was penalty, but in the second faze and going by the book. The ball did fall to Miller who then got a shot on goal.

If Miller had scored we wouldn't be having this debate, and if the ball didn't fall to Miller we would have had a penalty. It's just one of those decisions that you just have to get on with.

Calum Murray has an awful night. He wasn't giving us FK's but not even 2 minutes later, the same offence on a celtc player and he's giving it.

That was a stone wall penalty for me, but that's Football, you get some decision and you don't

In fact, what I want to know is how the f*ck McGeady wasn't booked for taking out Whittaker I think it was? Breaking forward at pace, celtc out of position and the rhat takes him out from behind.. No booking.

Thomson, McCulloch, Naismith all booked for similar offences.

McGeady dives to the floor and claims for a penalty. Why wasn't he booked if it wasn't a pen?

Blatant penalty. You can't give an avantage by letting Miller have a shot when he is under pressure from defenders. What bigger advantage is there than getting a penalty and a free shot at goal from 12 yards? :angry: And if the ref had a set of balls he would have disallowed their second as Fortune was clearly fouling Smith. There was also a couple of tackles from scum players that were just as bad as Lafferty's on Hinkel from the 1-1 game, so they can stop greeting about that as well.

Timmy keeps going on about the decisions that have went against them, but the only valid complaints are the penalty claims in the first game. Fortune's 'goal' in the 1-1 draw is a clear foul on McGregor, Brown was sent off for a headbutt and we should have had a penalty in the same game for a foul on Edu which would have sealed that game earlier. The only people who can't see this are the deluded tims and the biased mhedia who love a conspiracy theory.

Anyway, rant over, but we are still the Champions so GIRFUY timmy :21::D

You can play advantage on a penalty? <cr>

Stone waller. How I can see it on a shitey projector screen, in a packed pub and after a few pints but the referee can't from 10 yards away is a mystery!

Technically yes, because Miller still had a chance to score a goal, so you could say he was playing advantage, but as he didn't score and therefore no advantage he should have then awarded the penalty.

Spot on. the advantage didn't play out within a few seconds so it should have been brought back for a pen. Ref bottled it.

Their second should have been disallowed also for fouling Smith, but again, ref bottled it.