Hannover to bid for McCulloch?

Why bring Boyd into this to criticise him?!

McCulloch has had a good season by his own standards, but he's a high earner and we've got three players that can play his role, so he'd be near the top of my list to get moved on.

We don't have another ball playing centre back, we don't have another Steve Davis, we don't have another natural goalscorer, but we do have at least two central midfielders that can take McCulloch's place.

Not disagreeing with that, just the general bashing of a guy who has been an outstanding performer for us this season. Edu and Thomson have both been massively inconsistent but McCulloch hasn't put a foot wrong whether he is playing in midfield or at the back.

I for one, was very pleased to hear the away fans singing his name at Tannadice while he was warming up. I'm sure he'll take more from that than a few comments on the internet telling him to fuck off.

You'd like to hope so, but if there's any kind of truth in this then a couple of years in Hannover isn't a bad way to see out a career.

He's taken advantage of the injuries suffered by Thomson and Edu this year, no doubting it. I just think the latter two are better players and will hopefully show it with a full pre-season under their belt.

Big Lee would be a cracking player to have on the bench though as he's comfy in about four positions.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't possibly fit the world 'please' into this post enough times to express how much I hope this goes ahead.

i dont think i could fit enough either, without overloading the server.

Why bring Boyd into this to criticise him?!

McCulloch has had a good season by his own standards, but he's a high earner and we've got three players that can play his role, so he'd be near the top of my list to get moved on.

We don't have another ball playing centre back, we don't have another Steve Davis, we don't have another natural goalscorer, but we do have at least two central midfielders that can take McCulloch's place.

Not disagreeing with that, just the general bashing of a guy who has been an outstanding performer for us this season. Edu and Thomson have both been massively inconsistent but McCulloch hasn't put a foot wrong whether he is playing in midfield or at the back.

I for one, was very pleased to hear the away fans singing his name at Tannadice while he was warming up. I'm sure he'll take more from that than a few comments on the internet telling him to fuck off.

You'd like to hope so, but if there's any kind of truth in this then a couple of years in Hannover isn't a bad way to see out a career.

He's taken advantage of the injuries suffered by Thomson and Edu this year, no doubting it. I just think the latter two are better players and will hopefully show it with a full pre-season under their belt.

Big Lee would be a cracking player to have on the bench though as he's comfy in about four positions.

Would agree with this, but if we get the chance to move him on, I would take it. He has had a decent season, but IMO, we have better players in his position.

This is from the bottom of an Evening Times article today which is mainly about Novo.

Meantime, German side Hannover have been linked with a £1million move for Lee McCulloch.

I'm sure we should be able to get more than that for him.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/nacho-novo-waving-goodbye-to-rangers-will-be-my-worst-day-ever-1.1026078

Big lee can play in defense, midfield and he has played as a forward. If we can get in some more players for the positions we need cover for id sell him, but if we can't bring in a gd few players then I'd keep him. A player like lee that can play in so many roles is a great addition to a shrinking squad like ours.

To be honest after reading that it came from the Sun originally, I wouldn't even waste a pinch of salt on this story, as someone said why would he leave the club he has grown up loving and now playing for with CL football next season for a team who could be playing in the second division of Germany next season.

Yeah, because Big Lee would learn German.

Tevez hasn't learned English, that hasn't stopped him....

I doubt it'll happen, but it won't be because of the language barrier.

Big lee can play in defense, midfield and he has played as a forward. If we can get in some more players for the positions we need cover for id sell him, but if we can't bring in a gd few players then I'd keep him. A player like lee that can play in so many roles is a great addition to a shrinking squad like ours.

this (tu)

McCulloch has been a solid player this season, the abuse the guy gets for doing the "dirty" work in midfield is unbelievable.

We all rave about Total Football from the Dutch i.e. players being able to play in a number of positions .... Lee McCulloch = Defender/Left Sided Midfielder/Holding Midfielder/Attacker, i would say that is the epitome of a utility player and we have needed him to fill in in every one of those positions throughout a season where we have a threadbare squad.

Just because the guy doesnt take the ball and run by 3 players or pick out a 50 yrd cross field pass then he isn;t effective, i have lost count the times he has made a crucial tackle in midfield or come up with an important goal or two.

This witchunt on Lee reminds me of Maurice Ross or even Allan Hutton, players who were local boys, but were put under intense pressure by the support becayse they had a dip in form.

Hutton, in particular, was a great example of how the fans would pick a player and abuse the feck out of him, at one point many on here were screaming to punt him for a bid of £1m ... so eventually we sell him for £9m ... what do we know that Walter doesn't ... eh ??

Not every player can be aia skilled superstar, there have to be some "water carriers" in a team .. Lee McCulloch happens to be one of them and i am glad he is here.

Quite possibly one of the worst articles ever - I don't know why the journalsit, if you can call him that, even bothered!?