In the cold light of day we weren't good enough !

BLUEDIGNITY

But in saying that if Fergie had been playing last night I think it might have been different, I'm sure he would have buried the Gavin Rae chance ! Charlie Adams header should have hit the net and that would have made all the difference too, but it was not to be. The fates also conspired against us losing McGregor in the first game and Fergie in the 2nd leg. Make no mistake we should have beaten that team, their manager quotes today he expected more from Rangers over the 2 legs. But alas we weren't good enough on the day. !

Perhaps so but if we had really given it a go in the first leg, with a full house at Ibrox behind us, it may just have been different. Once we had lost the home advantage IMO our chance had gone.

we should have gone 4-4-2 at Ibrox we were far too timid and it allowed them to pin us back even more

Much as it sticks in the thrapple, we weren't anywhere near good enough (in either game). We consolidate second place in the league this season and we'll have bigger fish to fry in the Champions League next season (no, I'm not being ironic).

But in saying that if Fergie had been playing last night I think it might have been different, I'm sure he would have buried the Gavin Rae chance ! Charlie Adams header should have hit the net and that would have made all the difference too, but it was not to be. The fates also conspired against us losing McGregor in the first game and Fergie in the 2nd leg. Make no mistake we should have beaten that team, their manager quotes today he expected more from Rangers over the 2 legs. But alas we weren't good enough on the day. !

Sadly, their manager's not the only one who expected more from the Gers over the two legs. :angry2:

The 1st leg cost us dearly we were far to negative at Ibrox and we got played off the park and if it wasnt for Stefan would been 2or3 instead of 1-1 but at the end of the day no complaints they were the better team over the 2legs and deserved to go through

I just dont understand it, EVERYTIME we went forward, which wasnt often but EVERYTIME we looked like we would get a goal scoring opportunity or nearly score. Unfortunately we never took any chances and Ugo could have made himself an even bigger hero :o

I'm not going to blame the players too much; I'm blaming the formation. You can't play Scotland tactics with Rangers.

I wish we had less injuries too. We miss Smith majorly and Buffel usually does well in europe and can create and score goals.

Ray was bloody awful in spain why do we insist on playing him ffs. Adam should have been moved out into that AMF area (at least he's been getting games) and Burke or Prso should have started on the the left.

It really is just mad that both PLG and WS started him in such important games.

Really i don't have a clue why you would play him ffs.

As for the formation. Its ball. I've been saying that since the kilmarnoch game when we first used it.

We are not good enough coz Murray will not get the dosh oot.....how many time do I need to tell yeez

Murray get the dosh oot or GTF....and if any of ye think we will last more than 1 round of the prelims in the CL ye are kiddin yerselves on (beer)