David Edgars view on administration for Rangers

MisterC

“It wouldn’t be the end of the world . . . but you would be able to see it from there,” said David Edgar, a Rangers Supporters’ Trust spokesman. “I don’t think it should be explored unless it absolutely has to be. First of all, the points deduction would effectively mean an uncompetitive season. Secondly there’s the stigma of going into administration. No club wants that. And thirdly the people who suffer from administration tend to be the smaller creditors. The infamous case at Portsmouth was the St John Ambulance people were left being owed money.

“It is an ugly spectre that rears its head from time to time around Rangers. But the question is why should it come down to this? We’ve been continually told there’s no chance of this happening, and it was merely scaremongering to even discuss it. I think it’s a last resort possibility, as Rangers should not be run like this.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/the-notion-of-rangers-going-into-administration-may-be-unthinkable-but-the-circumstances-are-ripe-for-drastic-action-1.1029326

He and the RST/££ clique have their critics, but for me he is spot on with what he says. Hope to god it doesnt happen, although uts from an article by Michael Grant in the Herald so make of that what you will

Absolute baws talk of admin for us wacko.gif how many other teams are in worse debt than us hell Hearts are just as bad in our league and they don't have the same fan base income or prestige as us

Absolute baws talk of admin for us wacko.gif how many other teams are in worse debt than us hell Hearts are just as bad in our league and they don't have the same fan base income or prestige as us

Hearts are owned and financed by a bank which is owned by their owner.

Also...Hearts dont have the same expectations put upon them as we do.

The fans, the mhedia, the players. all expect more.

Hearts settle for much, much, MUCH less. at their expense, but not their overall liveleyhood.

But if we get a buyer asap, all of this talk will be rubbished and forgotten about, so heres hoping.

Yet another hatchet job from The Herald and another one of it's t*rrier hacks. Why is it them who continually drive this on? Quelle surprise that Edgar and the RST and in there to legitimise the story and getting some more publicity for their minority organisation.

A tawdry affair.

Whatever your views on Edgar or the RST it is hard to argue with what's attributed to him in the quotes above.

As for the expectations on Hearts, well the expectation to pay their creditors is exactly the same as ours and that's what ultimately sees you put into administration. Fan expectations are irrelevant.

Am I alone in thinking its maybe time we cut Edgar and the RST a bit of slack and listened to what they have to say?

Problem is, I don't see the RST listening to what WE have to say.

Sure, some of the criticism of the Trust is unnecessary but I'd much rather see some constructive action from the RST than constant quotes in the media.

Am I alone in thinking its maybe time we cut Edgar and the RST a bit of slack and listened to what they have to say?

You can't help but listen, he hitches his skirt at every rag and tabloid radio station that walks buy him.

Gives a nothing article a sense of legitimacy (albeit a tiny one). I remember the RST used to be at the forefront of the movement to boycott this rag due to a series of anti rangers articles...changed days.....

What makes you say that about PKF, boss?

Who has been the auditor of Celtic since the days of Fergus?

Who did the audit partner support before he met Fergus?

And who has he supported since he met Fergus?

Who did Michael Grant and the Gerald go to speak to when they wanted to do an anti-Rangers story about Administration?

Does Peter Liewell have his hands all over this story?

Should anyone with Rangers' best interests at heart have refused to comment on this story to Grant/Gerald?

Everybody can make their own mind up about them.

Personally, their behaviour in all of this takeover business has reeked of self-interest, using leaks and propaganda, no matter what effect it has on the club.

First of all, the points deduction would effectively mean an uncompetitive season.

Nah! We'd still pile the pressure on Celtic and pip them to the title.

As for administration i think we are still a good bit away from that at the moment

I think all this administration talk is a load of pish, we're being led to believe by the mhedia its a possibility but as far as I can see we have an agreement with Lloyds and we're sticking to our end of it. We may have to cut down on practically everything for the near future but there's no chance we're heading for administration