Rangers In For Tommy Smith

Andy Carroll would be a great signing, but he's a bit of a nutcase.

He would cost £millions and we don`t have it. ( pity though because I think he would do great up here )

you`d be looking at £10million for him . He is rated very high and he`s english which will appeal to them

more once the new rule comes in.

Just wish he would play for Scotland.

No, I wish he doesn't.

He's English, don't want token Scotsman.

Boring, Goram was born in England, Gough was born in Sweden and raised in South Africa, apart from that I don't give a shit where a player comes from as long as they do a good job for the team, firstly Rangers, then couldn't care less if they played for Scotland, England or Papa New Guinea!!!

I was talking about the National Team, not Rangers <cr>

Its a bit shady going after a guy - talking about http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8709946.stm - who's played for the Under 21s IMo.

I know you were, that's the boring part when you keep talking about token scotsmen etc and shouldn't be allowed to play for Scotland, would you complain if some of these players actually took us to the finals of a major tournament for the first time in years?

Yes, because hes Boab, and IIRC He owes money for saying miller wouldnt get 20 goals this season :ph34r:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just popped up to check the release date of the new strip (24th if your wondering) and a bloke comes out the stadium, looking 100% like a footballer but I didnt recognise him and got into a fancy lookin sports car with the number plate DARLY or something to that effect.

Could be a potential signing or could be absolutely nobody.

I know you were, that's the boring part when you keep talking about token scotsmen etc and shouldn't be allowed to play for Scotland, would you complain if some of these players actually took us to the finals of a major tournament for the first time in years?

Damn right I would!

Its an insult to Scottish youth development IMO, which we're getting pretty good at it. I complain it though I'm a positive person also.

But tbf, its whole other point and I was only saying it on the passing.

Lets not get the thread bogged down in a totally different subject, be that a Carroll call up or us signing him.

no thanks to this guy smith,fuck sake we are going straight into the champions league and the best we can come up with is some bit part player who couldn't get a game for the worst team in england, we must be able to do fuckin better than that

this is a controversial one but he looked a fuckload like this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Murphy

the number plate adds up anyway.

Wouldn't like him as a striker, his scoring record is worse than Lafferty's, but it would be interesting if he did sign as he's a ROI player.

Shouldnt be a problem if he is a ROI player. Think it would be the other side that would have the issue with us signing a player from there. They do love to make us out as being the biggots.

Saying that...he's shite

Andy Carroll would be a great signing, but he's a bit of a nutcase.

He would cost £millions and we don`t have it. ( pity though because I think he would do great up here )

you`d be looking at £10million for him . He is rated very high and he`s english which will appeal to them

more once the new rule comes in.

Just wish he would play for Scotland.

No, I wish he doesn't.

He's English, don't want token Scotsman.

Boring, Goram was born in England, Gough was born in Sweden and raised in South Africa, apart from that I don't give a shit where a player comes from as long as they do a good job for the team, firstly Rangers, then couldn't care less if they played for Scotland, England or Papa New Guinea!!!

I was talking about the National Team, not Rangers <cr>

Its a bit shady going after a guy - talking about http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8709946.stm - who's played for the Under 21s IMo.

just like going after driver from hearts .

he played under 21 with england . but schoolboy with scotland

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/178810/Pompey-dismiss-300-000-Gers-offer-for-Smith/

SKINT Portsmouth have laughed off a £300,000 bid for Tommy Smith and labelled Rangers’ penny-pinching offer a joke.

Pompey administrator Andrew Andronikou has confirmed he received the “derisory” offer from the Scottish champions via an agent earlier this week. Andronikou has warned Rangers the 30-year-old striker will only be sold if somebody meets the Fratton Park club’s £1.5million valuation and he won’t be allowed to leave on the cheap – regardless of Portsmouth’s financial situation, with debts of more than £120m.

“I’ve received an offer from Rangers for Tommy Smith,” Andronikou revealed to Express Sport yesterday.

“It came via the player’s agent earlier this week but has been turned down flat.

“I have to say I was absolutely gobsmacked when I was told about the offer.

“It was an absolute joke, nowhere near the level we value Tommy. It can only be described as derisory.

“If clubs think that because Portsmouth are in administration we will accept any old offer, then they are mistaken.

“There will be no fire sale here and players will only be sold if we receive offers that meet our valuations.

“If Rangers want to buy the player then I would suggest they come to me and cut out the agent, then they will get a better idea of what we’re looking for.”

Walter Smith has turned to Smith as he seeks a replacement for Kris Boyd.

The Light Blues had been hoping to strike a deal before the South-east club appoint a new chief executive and manager to lead them in the Championship.

He has also been linked with Middlesbrough striker Lee Miller, but the Portsmouth player appears to be ahead of him.

Rangers are also waiting to hear if Kirk Broadfoot is going to re-sign and will hold talks with captain Davie Weir next month.

They are going to offer an extension to Kevin Thomson, who has a year left on his contract.

deary me lads !!! tommy smith eh !

From what I've seen, he's atrocious and was well out of his depth at Fratton Park.

One goal in something like sixteen games for a striker? Brutal. No, thanks.

EDIT Then again, I wasn't too keen on a certain Steven Davis when we brought him in on loan back in January, 2008...

Just looking at his Wikipedia stats.

Hasnt done much at Portsmouth, 1 goal in 16 appearances, but before that he looks alright.

Wouldnt pay more than what Rangers has offered so i here, the 300k seems like too much to me.

just popped up to check the release date of the new strip (24th if your wondering) and a bloke comes out the stadium, looking 100% like a footballer but I didnt recognise him and got into a fancy lookin sports car with the number plate DARLY or something to that effect.

Could be a potential signing or could be absolutely nobody.

Well we can rule out Andy Caroll who was in court!

:lol:

And another EPL team have put something like a £4.5 million bid in for him.

Whats this Smith boy like never seen him play, actually i never seen him play for Portsmouth.?

Wouldn't class him as a boy he's 30 now!!! Apart from that if it's true we're interested in him then I really don't understand what Walter and Co see in him as I think he's pretty shite!

Whats this Smith boy like never seen him play, actually i never seen him play for Portsmouth.?

Wouldn't class him as a boy he's 30 now!!! Apart from that if it's true we're interested in him then I really don't understand what Walter and Co see in him as I think he's pretty shite!

(tu) i must do a bit of reading up on him.