** England vs USA **

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its just me but I don't get why Scottish people support England. :unsure:

You could ask why Scottish people support Germany, given the world wars, why Scottish people Support Argentina, given the Falklands war or just why Scottish people would support anyone bar Scotland.

I know a lassie who married an Argentinian guy and noone is giving her any grief about supporting Argentina through this World Cup. They were at war with us far more recently than the English ever were.. what's the big problem? It's pathetic.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I know a lassie who married an Argentinian guy and noone is giving her any grief about supporting Argentina through this World Cup. They were at war with us far more recently than the English ever were.. what's the big problem? It's pathetic.

Surely you know it's not just because of past wars...

Surely you know it's not just because of past wars...

It's more to do with 1966, their one and only world triumph on the footballing stage, the fact that they never stop going on about it and never will. Therefore, we want them to win nothing so that we don't need to take the brunt of hearing about it. :sherlock:

Hart

Johnson Terry King Cole

Barry

Lennon Lampard Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

Id love for them to line up like that, with Gerrard just playing off of Rooney, with the option to change through the game and bring off Lennon or Cole and bring on another striker.. :drool:

Hart

Johnson Terry King Cole

Barry

Lennon Lampard Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

Id love for them to line up like that, with Gerrard just playing off of Rooney, with the option to change through the game and bring off Lennon or Cole and bring on another striker.. :drool:

I wouldn't start with Joe Cole, he's more of an impact player in my opinion.

We had our chance; they qualified and we didn't. No point being childish about it. Good luck to them I say.

Not being childish about it, but do you think the English would support us if we were there?

We had our chance; they qualified and we didn't. No point being childish about it. Good luck to them I say.

Not being childish about it, but do you think the English would support us if we were there?

same as up here some would, some wouldn't. But we (scottish) seem to have a lot worse of a chip on our shoulders compared to the english.

same as up here some would, some wouldn't. But we (scottish) seem to have a lot worse of a chip on our shoulders compared to the english.

You wouldn't really know that as they qualify for a lot more tournaments than us. I'm sure they take GREAT delight when we don't qualify though. :sherlock: