** England vs USA **

Not being funny but why don't England have a player who comes SHORT to the ball. The defender picks it up, he wants a midfielder to come short to him to get the ball and from there, he is supposed to start attacks. That is what it is all about.

But instead Lampard and Gerrard run AWAY from the ball. They don't look for it and that is a big weakness in the team. England struggle with this a lot..

And if you are going to go long ball to Heskey, why the fuck didn't they bring Walcott? Last 20 minutes, bring him on, tired legs, some one who will get in behind and be able to trouble the opposition. We seen it against Barcelona, AC Milan etc. Walcott should of went to the WC.

SWP and Lennon where shocking.

First point, I think it's more due to the fact that we aren't playing a more holding midfielder centrally, its a cliche but Gerrard and Lampard don't work together unless Gerrard is shunted out forward or to the left. For the second, it's because Walcott honestly couldn't cross for buttons despite his pace. I would rather we weren't playing long ball with Heskey however.

I thought Lennon and Johnston had good games, but SWP was truly terrible and should be replaced by J. Cole asap.

I'm honestly not feeling that bad now, it was our hardest game in the group and we obviously still aren't settled, as long as we win our next two then no problems and we build a momentum, just hope the press don't shit all over Green, last thing we need.

No England player comes to the ball from the defence and basically starts attacks.

Its like FIFA, i will put at least one player infront of my defence to basically be there to get the ball from my defenders, then its out to my wingers or forwards straight away.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being funny but why don't England have a player who comes SHORT to the ball. The defender picks it up, he wants a midfielder to come short to him to get the ball and from there, he is supposed to start attacks. That is what it is all about.

But instead Lampard and Gerrard run AWAY from the ball. They don't look for it and that is a big weakness in the team. England struggle with this a lot..

And if you are going to go long ball to Heskey, why the fuck didn't they bring Walcott? Last 20 minutes, bring him on, tired legs, some one who will get in behind and be able to trouble the opposition. We seen it against Barcelona, AC Milan etc. Walcott should of went to the WC.

SWP and Lennon where shocking.

First point, I think it's more due to the fact that we aren't playing a more holding midfielder centrally, its a cliche but Gerrard and Lampard don't work together unless Gerrard is shunted out forward or to the left. For the second, it's because Walcott honestly couldn't cross for buttons despite his pace. I would rather we weren't playing long ball with Heskey however.

I thought Lennon and Johnston had good games, but SWP was truly terrible and should be replaced by J. Cole asap.

I'm honestly not feeling that bad now, it was our hardest game in the group and we obviously still aren't settled, as long as we win our next two then no problems and we build a momentum, just hope the press don't shit all over Green, last thing we need.

No England player comes to the ball from the defence and basically starts attacks.

Its like FIFA, i will put at least one player infront of my defence to basically be there to get the ball from my defenders, then its out to my wingers or forwards straight away.

Yeah thats what I mean, with both Gerrard and Lampard being played centrally, both will naturally seek to be up the pitch, and considering our defence is pretty damn slow it usually results in the defenders fucking about in our own half for 20 secs.

If we had say, Lampard and a Hargreaves type player (maybe Barry if he can sit back more) then it wouldn't be a problem and the ball would be distributed easier imo.

its odd how someone here refers to others as bigots which is ironic after the treatment some of us give to catholics despite some people on this forum being catholic.

Oh please do fuck of,and don't come back.

Sniffuckingsniff :sherlock:

I know you are trying to be funny DB, but just leave it :lol:

I'm no trying to be funny,mate.

I'm fucking hurting,then you get these pricks coming on here and spouting there anti-English pish.

These are the same cunts that would grass you or me in for singing a song at Ibrox.

People say England only drew, they could of fucking lost. That black american player burned Carragher for pace and hit the post..

A draw was a good result in the end.

But England need to make a decision, play Defoe or stick with Heskey. Defoe could give you goals but might lose that player to hold the ball up upfront.

its odd how someone here refers to others as bigots which is ironic after the treatment some of us give to catholics despite some people on this forum being catholic.

Oh please do fuck of,and don't come back.

Sniffuckingsniff :sherlock:

I know you are trying to be funny DB, but just leave it :lol:

I'm no trying to be funny,mate.

I'm fucking hurting,then you get these pricks coming on here and spouting there anti-English pish.

These are the same cunts that would grass you or me in for singing a song at Ibrox.

I'm hurting as well, but there's no point arguing really, people will do what they do.

God only knows some England fans are as bad as Scotland fans when it comes to the hatred.

I personally like to keep the high-ground, unless I get really pished and/or angry :lol:

People say England only drew, they could of fucking lost. That black american player burned Carragher for pace and hit the post..

A draw was a good result in the end.

But England need to make a decision, play Defoe or stick with Heskey. Defoe could give you goals but might lose that player to hold the ball up upfront.

I honestly think we should play Crouch/Defoe in a 4-4-2 and keep Rooney as an impact player, as they are both so used to playing with each other and Lennon.

But it'll never happen :)

Granted, it was Capello who made the decisions as to who would be playing in today's game.

I was checking out Facebook and saw World Cup Soccer Shop in which it is showing Clint Dempsey shirt for sale, and I was reading the comments in which one comment came out at me.

Someone wrote that it was luck, but another person below countered that:

"That was not luck.. Just made a terrible save.. A 5 year old could have saved that..."

Like what TG said earlier about he does not care less as to how the goal got in, I'm just happy and content with the draw.

Fuck, watching the highlights again now i'm more fucked off. :lol:

So many opportunities spurned, and Green's mistake. :anguish:

Just want Friday to come round now!

Worringly, i can envisage a shitty scrappy 0-0 in one of our next two, nevertheless we should still only have to beat Slovenia to qualify, or vice versa. :P

C'mon England. :uk:

this thread can GTF.

i can actually feel the hate for everything English in this thread.

fucking bigots,some of yous.

Sad really.

:lol: Imagine Daddy Bear having the cheek to call anyone a bigot :lol:

do you know me,or am i missing the point!

this thread can GTF.

i can actually feel the hate for everything English in this thread.

fucking bigots,some of yous.

Sad really.

:lol: Imagine Daddy Bear having the cheek to call anyone a bigot :lol:

do you know me,or am i missing the point!

You are bigoted to everything non-protestant ffs :lol:

You are probably the biggest bigot on this forum.

hehe an Ulster man calling a British man.

You couldn't make this up.

Just because im from Ulster doesn't make me a bigot (tu)

what you just typed there is just baffling. doh

How is it, do you think just cus we're from Ulster we automatically have to be bigots?

How is it, do you think just cus we're from Ulster we automatically have to be bigots?

now your trying to put words into my mouth.

who says coz your from Ulster you are automatically a bigot?

i think if you read what i said PROPERLY you will see i was saying the opposite

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

So if your from Northern Ireland you're a bigot?

Some fan you are

So if your from Northern Ireland you're a bigot?

Some fan you are.

show me were i called him a bigot?haha

the offended gang are on show tonight :mutley:

I'm no football manager and Capello has forgotten more than I know about football, but a monkey could see that Hart is the number one.

Capello's insistence on doing anything to keep Hart out of the team has well and truly came back to bite him on the arse.

One disasterous spill the yanks won't be complaining about eh ? :ph34r:

Phil Thompson on Sky Sports last night - notice the fight in the back :happy:

I don't want any particular team to win the WC, but I'm going to be following England and the USA so I'm happy with the draw.

I was also happy with the draw Jamie.

I heard a mate say that 'if American and English soldiers are good enough to stand beside on the front lines of warzones, they are good enough to be supported in a football tournament', and I kinda go along with that (tu)

I was also happy with the draw Jamie.

I heard a mate say that 'if American and English soldiers are good enough to stand beside on the front lines of warzones, they are good enough to be supported in a football tournament', and I kinda go along with that (tu)

Never thought of it that way, but yeah I'd too go along with that! (tu)

Good luck to the both of them.

One disasterous spill the yanks won't be complaining about eh ? :ph34r:

Phil Thompson on Sky Sports last night - notice the fight in the back :happy:

I don't want any particular team to win the WC, but I'm going to be following England and the USA so I'm happy with the draw.

fight! :lol: :lol: