How shite are England thread

pcbear

England played well.

On another given day, they could have put 4 or 5 past the USA tonight. Lennon had a great chance in the first half, and a number of his cut-backs could have easily fallen to an England jersey on another night.

The likes of Gerrard, Heskey, Lennon and Johnson played very well. I thought the Lampard-Gerrard partnership, especially for the first 40 minutes, looked quite good. Heskey was brilliant upfront, everything stuck for him, and more often than not he found a teammate with his passing. The finishing wasn't great, but they were creating chances and you'd rather miss a chance than not have a chance at all.

I could only see two 'real' problems with England's performance tonight, Green's costly mistake aside. First one was, the incapability to deal with balls into the box, either from set-pieces or open play. The number of times the U.S found themselves getting on the end of crosses was very worrying for Fabio Capello. Also Jozy Altiore should have really converted that cross in the first half that fell to him.

The second problem I could see was Jamie Carragher. It was there for the whole World to see, that he is a player that is well and truly finished. His legs have gone. Was skinned a number of times, his tackling was mistimed and was very lucky to stay on the pitch when he barged Finaly down to the ground. England must hope that Ledley King recovers in time for the Algeria game or there will be a few nervous times ahead if Carragher continues at the heart of the England defence.

Other than that though, England did play well. It will be something to build on, if they can work on a few things in training and get the right partnership at the back, England have a great chance.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams who win the World Cup seldom start well ... also don't forget that the US are playing with virtually no pressure on them since hardly anyone back home even knows the world (cup) series is on :sherlock:

The bars here were all packed with people watching the game :)

Such a timish thread..

Why are people acting like celtic fans? Baffles..

well said (tu)

As a Rangers fan i love to see the tims as our greatest club rivals struggle, as a Scotsman i love to see England our greatest country rivals struggle, problem wi that?

Nail on head.

I can't help stand England and I can't help enjoying seeing them do shite.

TBH though, you are an idiot if you write them off already.

They will qualify through the group with ease and I think they will reach, at the least, the Quarters Finals but maybe further.

Over rated players?? Yes. But still a squad that is more than capable of going deep into the tournamnet.

Such a timish thread..

well said (tu)

As a Rangers fan i love to see the tims as our greatest club rivals struggle, as a Scotsman i love to see England our greatest country rivals struggle, problem wi that?

You arent our rivals :craphead:

I really struggle to understand the hatred of Scotsmen like yourself. Most English people would not have any opinion towards Scotland and many would even want them to do well. Australia, Argentina and France, they are our rivals and I could understand it from the fans, but this one sided hatred isnt necessary. We are all British after all. :uk:

It all seems like bitterness and resentment at being less successful

Such a timish thread..

well said (tu)

You arent our rivals :craphead:

I really struggle to understand the hatred of Scotsmen like yourself. Most English people would not have any opinion towards Scotland and many would even want them to do well. Australia, Argentina and France, they are our rivals and I could understand it from the fans, but this one sided hatred isnt necessary. We are all British after all. :uk:

:lol: That will hit home hard,even Australia are mentioned as rivals before them *.

*Them is a word associated with bitter Scotland fans and is in no way associated to Bombaybadboy08 and his support for the national team.

Such a timish thread..

well said (tu)

er..... pot kettle black !

England are actually a lot better than they have been in previous outings. Capello has got rid of the superstar tags and got them playing quite well. Englands main problem now is that they don't have a keeper worth their salt. Green and James are both fucking hopeless.

and now Ledley King is injured so they have lost another defender...he wont be fit again in time to plat again

I forgot about that. Carragher in the starting lineup must be :anguish: for England fans.

I do think all the anti-England stuff reeks of a small nation menality.

You mean sheer jealousy? :pipe:

This.

We have the same in Belgium, we love to laugh at the Dutch if they lose.

But the fact is: They almost always qualify for a big tournament and don't really care about smaller countries laughing at them.

There is a lot to admire in the Premiership, and if all the players click and England play to their full potential they can be class... a la 5-1 v Germany game. I enjoy watching good football.

But...

The times when England teams take on teams - even small teams - by playing their own Premiership style of football are few and far between..usually it's boring

But as a Scot who supports Scotland, and who lives in England the amount of pish about England going to win every tournament they enter gives me the boak. The arrogance does not align well with performances since 1966... and supporters and press will rip the shit out of any player or team in an instant...

So I'll only support teams that play great football in this World Cup... so far I've see that in Argentina and Germany...looking forward to Spain, Holland and Brazil now...

...and I do enjoy takin the pish out of my workmates today...by supplying a variety of greeen cakes and biscuits for them all to savour!

By the way over the years down here I've met loads of English fans who absolutely love taunting the Scots too...it's to be expected and so it's not one way traffic

I think one factor in the background is that many posters are too young to have seen Scotland qualify for any/many major tournaments

Proud To Be A Ger, A Scot and a Brit...

smile.gif