Footbal Chants and Sectarianism

We have traditions and culture they don't (well they don't have much to celebrate too) so how the hell can we be as bad as them make sense please. :rolleyes:

Of course they do doh

Plus, you completely missed the point - oh, the irony

Tell me what traditions they have then because i don't really give a fuck if they worshiped a horse named ED.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have traditions and culture they don't (well they don't have much to celebrate too) so how the hell can we be as bad as them make sense please. :rolleyes:

Of course they do doh

Tell me what traditions they have then because i don't really give a fuck if they worshiped a horse named ED.

Like it or not they were founded to help poor Irish Catholic immigrants and I am sure most Celtic fans are proud of this

How the fuck can you not understand what I meant in my last post ?, did you even read it :lol:?.

Your sig :lol:

You're starting to become one of them Willy son?

it aint ok for the scum to sing about the ibrox disaster but they do, and not one iota gets done or said regarding this issue, as long as one side gets punished and one gets a free ride there will always be an issue surrounding this within our ranks, basically what i am saying is why should we bow to pressure from anyone when there is a vast injustice in this country, by press and the people that are supposedly running this farce of a league

Of course they do doh

They have traditions of segregation, hatred, bigotry, anti British racism and support for terrorism dressed up as "Irish Culture".

How the fuck can you not understand what I meant in my last post ?, did you even read it :lol:?.

You're starting to become on of them Willy son?

Whats one of them?

I like to think I don't have loads of hate built up inside me for people I don't know personally, if thats what you mean?

Of course they do doh

Like it or not they were founded to help poor Irish Catholic immigrants and I am sure most Celtic fans are proud of this

That's not a tradition is it. :rolleyes:

Of course they do doh

They have traditions of segregation, hatred, bigotry, anti British racism and support for terrorism dressed up as "Irish Culture".

Exactly they have none just hatred are traditions and culture has base theres don't.

Of course they do doh

That's not a tradition is it. :rolleyes:

Well.....yes

They have a tradition of being a club for Irish Catholics

One of them ?, as in people who actually attend Rangers games home and away ?.

Of course they do doh

Perhaps you should take a wider view, and take cogniscance of Bill Murray's account of Celtic's "humble beginnings".

Or how the Hibernian team was decimated by the young upstarts from Glasgow with cash to splash.

Murray:

But as well as concern for the suffering poor, brother Walfrid was also prompted by a fear that Protestant soup kitchens might tempt young Catholics into apostasy. Moreover he was equally worried about the dangers of young Catholics meeting Protestants in their place of employment or leisure, particularly during the years after leaving school which he considered the most dangerous as far as "religious duties" were concerned. A Catholic football club then, could serve the dual purpose of easing the pain in starving stomachs at the same as it kept young Catholics together in their leisure time, free from the temptations of Protestants and Protestantism. The aims of his helpers may have been more prosaic, but when the circular announcing the formation of a Catholic club in the East End of Glasgow was circulated in January 1888, its religious foundations were stressed".

Hibs:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TimelineDetail/0,,10290~1750603,00.html

Look up "the origins of hibernian" part nine if this url doesn't work

Now, do me a favour and spare me the Celtic Propaganda.

Thanks

You spelt one wrong ;)

Of course they do doh

Perhaps you should take a wider view, and take cogniscance of Bill Murray's account of Celtic's "humble beginnings".

Or how the Hibernian team was decimated by the young upstarts from Glasgow with cash to splash.

Murray:

But as well as concern for the suffering poor, brother Walfrid was also prompted by a fear that Protestant soup kitchens might tempt young Catholics into apostasy. Moreover he was equally worried about the dangers of young Catholics meeting Protestants in their place of employment or leisure, particularly during the years after leaving school which he considered the most dangerous as far as "religious duties" were concerned. A Catholic football club then, could serve the dual purpose of easing the pain in starving stomachs at the same as it kept young Catholics together in their leisure time, free from the temptations of Protestants and Protestantism. The aims of his helpers may have been more prosaic, but when the circular announcing the formation of a Catholic club in the East End of Glasgow was circulated in January 1888, its religious foundations were stressed".

Hibs:

http://www.hibernian...imelineDetail/0,,10290~1750603,00.html

Look up "the origins of hibernian" part nine if this url doesn't work

Now, do me a favour and spare me the Celtic Propaganda.

Thanks

I have read Murrays book (possibly one of the most biased works on Sectarianism I have ever read) and am well aware of what Walfrid was all about and about the decimation of Hibernian (and Dundee Harp, who eventually went bust)

I was just trying to simplify it for certain posters on here (tu)

P.S. Celtic propaganda?? doh

You spelt one wrong ;)

Is that better for you now Sir what homework do we have tonight.

You spelt one wrong ;)

Is that better for you now Sir what homework do we have tonight.

FS, it took you long enough to reply :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you not watch football or do you just like getting on to Rangers supporters who have beliefs and love football.

Your the one that started it sunshine, your just to stupid to argue back sensibly, and I'm actually watchin the Portugal game right now ;).

I have read Murrays book (possibly one of the most biased works on Sectarianism I have ever read) and am well aware of what Walfrid was all about and about the decimation of Hibernian (and Dundee Harp, who eventually went bust)

"I have read Murrays book (possibly one of the most biased works on Sectarianism I have ever read"

And how did you reach that conclusion?

What "work" would you suggest as the most objective?

You're not simplifying anything for anyone, you are repeating Celtic propaganda ad nauseam.

Do you not watch football or do you just like getting on to Rangers supporters who have beliefs and love football.

Your the one that started it sunshine, your just to stupid to argue back sensibly, and I'm actually watchin the Portugal game right now ;).

Wheres the arugment.

"I have read Murrays book (possibly one of the most biased works on Sectarianism I have ever read"

You're not simplifying anything for anyone, you are repeating Celtic propaganda ad nauseam.

I reached that conclusion by reading it and forming my own opinion

Murray's book (especially on chapters dealing with Sectarianism in the 90's) is so biased towards Celtic fans some of it was basically unreadable. According to Murray Celtic fans can do no wrong while Rangers fans are almost solely responsible for any remaining Sectarianism left in Scotland in the modern age

I am not repeating Celtic propaganda - I just dont attach a hate filled statement about Celtic to every one of my arguments when it comes to this subject

Wheres the arugment.

Firstly, learn to read, then read the comments on this thread and see if you can spot an argument.

I reached that conclusion by reading it and forming my own opinion

Murray's book (especially on chapters dealing with Sectarianism in the 90's) is so biased towards Celtic fans some of it was basically unreadable. According to Murray Celtic fans can do no wrong while Rangers fans are almost solely responsible for any remaining Sectarianism left in Scotland in the modern age

I am not repeating Celtic propaganda - I just dont couch every one of my statements with a hate filled remark about Celtic

Right, now we're getting somewhere. It's your opinion, and your opinion is no more valid than anyone elses.

In fact, given that you state he is biased towards Celtic supporters, ie they can do no wrong, while we Rangers fans are "solely responsible for any remaining sectarianism", this gives more gravitas to his account of Celtic's origins.

If he's anti Rangers, as you imply, he would be unlikely to stray from the commonly portrayed account of Celtic's beginnings out of malice

"I just dont couch every one of my statements with a hate filled remark about Celtic"

Who are you referring to here?

Wheres the arugment.

Firstly, learn to read, then read the comments on this thread and see if you can spot an argument.

An argument is that what you call an argument :lol:

I would call that a boy who knows nothing about our traditions and thinks he knows everything.

Wheres the arugment.

An argument is that what you call an argument :lol:

I would call that a boy who knows nothing about our traditions and thinks he knows everything.

ok, what are you on about now ?.