Footbal Chants and Sectarianism

I have read Murrays book (possibly one of the most biased works on Sectarianism I have ever read) and am well aware of what Walfrid was all about and about the decimation of Hibernian (and Dundee Harp, who eventually went bust)

I was just trying to simplify it for certain posters on here (tu)

P.S. Celtic propaganda?? doh

"I have read Murrays book (possibly one of the most biased works on Sectarianism I have ever read"

And how did you reach that conclusion?

What "work" would you suggest as the most objective?

You're not simplifying anything for anyone, you are repeating Celtic propaganda ad nauseam.

I reached that conclusion by reading it and forming my own opinion

Murray's book (especially on chapters dealing with Sectarianism in the 90's) is so biased towards Celtic fans some of it was basically unreadable. According to Murray Celtic fans can do no wrong while Rangers fans are almost solely responsible for any remaining Sectarianism left in Scotland in the modern age

I am not repeating Celtic propaganda - I just dont couch every one of my statements with a hate filled remark about Celtic

Right, now we're getting somewhere. It's your opinion, and your opinion is no more valid than anyone elses.

In fact, given that you state he is biased towards Celtic supporters, ie they can do no wrong, while we Rangers fans are "solely responsible for any remaining sectarianism", this gives more gravitas to his account of Celtic's origins.

If he's anti Rangers, as you imply, he would be unlikely to stray from the commonly portrayed account of Celtic's beginnings out of malice

"I just dont couch every one of my statements with a hate filled remark about Celtic"

Who are you referring to here?

Where have I disagreed with Murray's account of Celtics origins? He is pretty much spot-on in his account

I'm not referring to you in my last statement but others on this thread

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I caught a few today.

I'll come back later and see how this is going :lol:

Ah, the old "I got it wrong so I'll pretend I was fishing" line? :rolleyes:

No I got it right, i'm not fishing as you're saying.

I meant I caught some bigots :sherlock:

A term only associated with a Taig don't lower yourself Williamson. (tu)

Can i ask you what is a bigot honestly there is no such terminology when its part of everyday life.

Like meaning that if you say i hate them F*nians do you think thats being a bigot when lots of people are saying the exact same thing?

I will break it down quite easily.

The way i see it the ones who want to continue singing the Billy Boys are the ones who don't believe the media,who don't read the papers and who won't bow to Roman influence.

The ones who want to stop singing it are easily led by the club and the media. The "Chamberlains" of the support as i call them.

If the club asked them to stop wearing blue to a match as it might offend i have no doubt the vast majority of the "Chamberlains" would do it.

Some are sheep in life and some are able to think for themselves and see the bigger picture.

There is never going to be an answer to this, the support is split in half so both sides wil never be happy.

It's not split in half lad these cunts are only shit stirring bastards. (tu)

So believing different from other people is shit stirring <cr> ?.

There is never going to be an answer to this, the support is split in half so both sides wil never be happy.

Thats the problem you don't believe in nothing how can you say you believe different. <cr>

Thats the problem you don't believe in nothing how can you say you believe different. <cr>

I don't believe in nothing ?.

If you really are a Rangers fan (which i doubt it) you would see what real tradition and beliefs are.

While you are just being programed by the government and media propaganda with there vendetta against anything British,loyalist or Protestant.

Open your mind and explore a bit before making assumptions about something you clearly don't know about or are being taught wrong about.

Don't just watch the news read a newspaper or listen to someone and think that that's the way it is because its a big world and allot of stuff aren't talked about.

Ah, apologies then, although I haven't seen too many bigots on the thread.

If you really are a Rangers fan (which i doubt it) you would see what real tradition and beliefs are.

While you are just being programed by the government and media propaganda with there vendetta against anything British,loyalist or Protestant.

Open your mind and explore a bit before making assumptions about something you clearly don't know about or are being taught wrong about.

Don't just watch the news read a newspaper or listen to someone and think that that's the way it is because its a big world and allot of stuff aren't talked about.

I have no problem or have I said anything against the traditions of Rangers, your talking shite and are yet against posting LIE'S. Me and you have both established from the previous time you pm'd me that I am much more of a Rangers fan than you are. Where in my previous post's did I give the slightest indication that I hate anything British/Loyalist/Protestant <cr> ?.

Ah, apologies then, although I haven't seen too many bigots on the thread.

Maybe not on thsi thread, but I have seen plenty on RM.

Oh has it now..........where has it moved on?

The RIRA and CIRA are still active.....Israel and the Palestinians are still bombing each other....there are Sectarian Wars going on in Iraq and Pakistan as well as terror wars world wide....are we in a different world than 30 years ago...

It's the same old world with only different front lines

So, because other country's are having sectarian wars that means us as Rangers should not move on, and we should continue the FTP chants and sing the billy boys ?.

The Billy Boys is not sectarian and since we stopped singing it Ibrox Atmosphere is embarrassing.

The RIRA and CIRA are still active.....Israel and the Palestinians are still bombing each other....there are Sectarian Wars going on in Iraq and Pakistan as well as terror wars world wide....are we in a different world than 30 years ago...

So, because other country's are having sectarian wars that means us as Rangers should not move on, and we should continue the FTP chants and sing the billy boys ?.

The Billy Boys is not sectarian and since we stopped singing it Ibrox Atmosphere is embarrassing.

I never said anything about TBB being sectarian, but it is always going to looked at that way, and yes the atmosphere at Ibrox is embarrassing, away games are much better.

I have no problem or have I said anything against the traditions of Rangers, your talking shite and are yet against posting LIE'S. Me and you have both established from the previous time you pm'd me that I am much more of a Rangers fan than you are. Where in my previous post's did I give the slightest indication that I hate anything British/Loyalist/Protestant <cr> ?.

<cr>

I never said anything about TBB being sectarian, but it is always going to looked at that way, and yes the atmosphere at Ibrox is embarrassing, away games are much better.

Does it matter how it's looked upon?

As long as we can prove it's not sectarian we can sing it without any repercussions and stop bowing to media pressure

Re the OP, why can't he spell UEFA and he says he remembers going to see Rangers before TBB was sung, what age is he 138????

We've now been singing TBB for two years again now with no action because the authorities know if they try it on with us they would have to be even handed and go after the scum for their sectarian chants.

And finaally, anyone who uses this "Scotlnd's shame", crap is a TAIG.

<cr>

I see what you did there, very smart, for a change.