Footbal Chants and Sectarianism

the thing is I WILL BE SINGING IT this year along with thousands of others

if the powers that be want it to stop then either all fans cease with such songs or none

if you dont want to sing it dont; but dont ask me or others to stop

According to Travelingbhoy all us Rangers fans are bigots for doing so :rolleyes:

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why oh why is it always the same 3 or 4 who want the tims to sing about all things IRA and "folk songs" yet dont want us singing loyalist songs. If we stop the loyalist songs, the british songs will be offensive to all next. The atmosphere at ibrox is shite without "banning" songs ffs. Do you honestly want to go to ibrox and sit and do fuck all. People like willbeary and mmrfc are always in on threads like this, that says it all for me.

I dont do home games anymore and its cunts like them that have made me stop. I enjoy being with like minded folk at the away days and UCL away games. Id rather spend a huge amount going to sway games were i know fellow fans will not be "upset and hurt" at the songs im singing.

The loyalist paramilitries that you seem dead against were doing something that most of us would not have the balls to do and that is fight an enemy who were intent on killing all things protestant. Also who were in the trenches fighting against the germans during WW1? thats right its the UVF, the guys that offend you deeply. As for the billy boys. F*nian only means catholic to those who have re written a dictionary to suit there agenda. So if i want to find the word soldier for instance offesnive i could just start telling people it means something it dosent. In no way whatsoever does the word F*nian mean catholic, sure you can dress it up as that but it isnt. No matter how you want to to argue it dosent. Remember great crusaders of all things offensive, the billy boys were around long before Rangers fans sang it. So who was it they fought? Ahh it was the F*nians, not catholics, muslims, buhdists, protestants, no religion whatsoever it was just plain F*nians we fought against.

Did any of you know that some of the highest ranking F*nians were actually protestants(altho why would that shower play around with facts, they dont like facts do they?) There has been and always will be catholic Rangers fans who sing the song, have sang the song and will always sing it, so where the fucks the problem??Some of our fans love to be right in amongst timmy, a band of merry men who support the Ira, hate Britain, love to disrupt 1 minutes silences werever they go, indeed thanks to them we now have minutes applause. Och as long as we all get along rosie eh? after all were aw H*** anyway eh? rolleyes.gif

the thing is I WILL BE SINGING IT this year along with thousands of others

if the powers that be want it to stop then either all fans cease with such songs or none

if you dont want to sing it dont; but dont ask me or others to stop

According to Travelingbhoy all us Rangers fans are bigots for doing so :rolleyes:

Where have I said that?

Less of the Bhoy stuff, man - I have been going to watch Rangers for 20 years

why oh why is it always the same 3 or 4 who want the tims to sing about all things IRA and "folk songs" yet dont want us singing loyalist songs. If we stop the loyalist songs, the british songs will be offensive to all next. The atmosphere at ibrox is shite without "banning" songs ffs. Do you honestly want to go to ibrox and sit and do fuck all. People like willbeary and mmrfc are always in on threads like this, that says it all for me.

I dont do home games anymore and its cunts like them that have made me stop. I enjoy being with like minded folk at the away days and UCL away games. Id rather spend a huge amount going to sway games were i know fellow fans will not be "upset and hurt" at the songs im singing.

The loyalist paramilitries that you seem dead against were doing something that most of us would not have the balls to do and that is fight an enemy who were intent on killing all things protestant. Also who were in the trenches fighting against the germans during WW1? thats right its the UVF, the guys that offend you deeply. As for the billy boys. F*nian only means catholic to those who have re written a dictionary to suit there agenda. So if i want to find the word soldier for instance offesnive i could just start telling people it means something it dosent. In no way whatsoever does the word F*nian mean catholic, sure you can dress it up as that but it isnt. No matter how you want to to argue it dosent. Remember great crusaders of all things offensive, the billy boys were around long before Rangers fans sang it. So who was it they fought? Ahh it was the F*nians, not catholics, muslims, buhdists, protestants, no religion whatsoever it was just plain F*nians we fought against. Did any of you know that some of the highest ranking F*nians were actually protestants(altho why would that shower play around with facts, they dont like facts do they?) There has been and always will be catholic Rangers fans who sing the song, have sang the song and will always sing it, so where the fucks the problem??Some of our fans love to be right in amongst timmy, a band of merry men who support the Ira, hate Britain, love to disrupt 1 minutes silences werever they go, indeed thanks to them we now have minutes applause. Och as long as we all get along rosie eh? after all were aw H*** anyway eh? rolleyes.gif

1. I dont give a flying one what the Celtic fans sing

2. People from both 'sides' are always on these threads - I am usually on threads about tactics and players as well (unlike some) but, hey ho.....

3. I never said, once, that F*nian means Catholic

4. How come questoning Rangers always equals being pro-timmy??

The loyalist paramilitries that you seem dead against were doing something that most of us would not have the balls to do and that is fight an enemy who were intent on killing all things protestant. Also who were in the trenches fighting against the germans during WW1? thats right its the UVF, the guys that offend you deeply. As for the billy boys. F*nian only means catholic to those who have re written a dictionary to suit there agenda. So if i want to find the word soldier for instance offesnive i could just start telling people it means something it dosent. In no way whatsoever does the word F*nian mean catholic, sure you can dress it up as that but it isnt. No matter how you want to to argue it dosent. Remember great crusaders of all things offensive, the billy boys were around long before Rangers fans sang it. So who was it they fought? Ahh it was the F*nians, not catholics, muslims, buhdists, protestants, no religion whatsoever it was just plain F*nians we fought against.

Did any of you know that some of the highest ranking F*nians were actually protestants(altho why would that shower play around with facts, they dont like facts do they?) There has been and always will be catholic Rangers fans who sing the song, have sang the song and will always sing it, so where the fucks the problem??Some of our fans love to be right in amongst timmy, a band of merry men who support the Ira, hate Britain, love to disrupt 1 minutes silences werever they go, indeed thanks to them we now have minutes applause. Och as long as we all get along rosie eh? after all were aw H*** anyway eh? rolleyes.gif

Good post and spot on. (tu)

The "EUFA" directive that appears on here is nothing short of laughable.

TBB has NEVER been banned by UEFA.

While doing research for an article on VB I trawled through UEFA's site and came across the original decision, then the appeal decision, here they are.

Original :

Not guilty

The body declared the Rangers fans not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants at both legs of the tie, which Villarreal won on the away-goals rule after the two sides had finished 3-3 on aggregate. The body’s decision can be appealed against within three days.

Social problem

In examining the alleged discriminatory chants, the Control & Disciplinary Body admitted that the nature of the song concerned – “Billy Boys” - related to a social problem in Scotland. The body also believed that the disciplinary decision in this case had to be taken in the context of Scotland’s social and historical background.

Studied evidence

After studying the evidence at hand as well as the statement of Rangers FC, the Control & Disciplinary Body conceded that supporters have been singing the song "Billy Boys" for years during national and international matches without either the Scottish football or governmental authorities being able to intervene. The result is that this song is now somehow tolerated.

Social and historical context

Given this social and historical context, the Control & Disciplinary Body said it considered that UEFA cannot demand an end to behavior which has been tolerated for years. In view of the above, the Control & Disciplinary Body ruled that, despite the behavior of its supporters, Rangers FC had not infringed Article 5 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (click here) and cannot be punished according to Article 6

The above appeared on the UEFA website on 13th April 2006.

And appeal was lodged, here:

UEFA's Appeals Body has today partially upheld the appeal made against the Control and Disciplinary Body's decision concerning Scottish club Rangers FC and their UEFA Champions League first knockout round tie against Villarreal CF.

Rangers fined

UEFA appealed against the decision on 12 April by the Control and Disciplinary Body to find Rangers not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants by the club's supporters at both legs of the tie, on 22 February at Ibrox and 7 March at El Madrigal. Rangers have been fined €19,500 and severely warned about their responsibility for any future misconduct by their fans in relation to sectarian and discriminatory behaviour.

Future directives

In addition, the Appeals Body will combine the disciplinary measures with directives safeguarding the correct execution of the judgement. The directives themselves will be communicated to Rangers along with the full written grounds for the disciplinary decision.

The above was on UEFA's website on 24th May 2006.

Are we to believe, in the first 'directive' posted on here, that UEFA would spell one of their member clubs names incorrectly? :blush:

That 'directive' has appeared on TWO sites before RM, :

1 - The 'bluenose' site

2 - Scotzine

It's a hoax directive put about by bheasts, plain and simple.

While doing research for an article on VB I trawled through UEFA's site and came across the original decision, then the appeal decision, here they are.

Original :

Not guilty

The body declared the Rangers fans not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants at both legs of the tie, which Villarreal won on the away-goals rule after the two sides had finished 3-3 on aggregate. The body's decision can be appealed against within three days.

Social problem

In examining the alleged discriminatory chants, the Control & Disciplinary Body admitted that the nature of the song concerned – "Billy Boys" - related to a social problem in Scotland. The body also believed that the disciplinary decision in this case had to be taken in the context of Scotland's social and historical background.

Studied evidence

After studying the evidence at hand as well as the statement of Rangers FC, the Control & Disciplinary Body conceded that supporters have been singing the song "Billy Boys" for years during national and international matches without either the Scottish football or governmental authorities being able to intervene. The result is that this song is now somehow tolerated.

Given this social and historical context, the Control & Disciplinary Body said it considered that UEFA cannot demand an end to behavior which has been tolerated for years. In view of the above, the Control & Disciplinary Body ruled that, despite the behavior of its supporters, Rangers FC had not infringed Article 5 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (click here) and cannot be punished according to Article 6

UEFA's Appeals Body has today partially upheld the appeal made against the Control and Disciplinary Body's decision concerning Scottish club Rangers FC and their UEFA Champions League first knockout round tie against Villarreal CF.

Rangers fined

UEFA appealed against the decision on 12 April by the Control and Disciplinary Body to find Rangers not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants by the club's supporters at both legs of the tie, on 22 February at Ibrox and 7 March at El Madrigal. Rangers have been fined €19,500 and severely warned about their responsibility for any future misconduct by their fans in relation to sectarian and discriminatory behaviour.

Future directives

In addition, the Appeals Body will combine the disciplinary measures with directives safeguarding the correct execution of the judgement. The directives themselves will be communicated to Rangers along with the full written grounds for the disciplinary decision.

Are we to believe, in the first 'directive' posted on here, that UEFA would spell one of their member clubs names incorrectly? blush.gif

1 - The 'bluenose' site

2 - Scotzine

Dont post facts mate. They dont like facts on hereboogie.png

Original :

Not guilty

The body declared the Rangers fans not guilty of alleged discriminatory chants at both legs of the tie, which Villarreal won on the away-goals rule after the two sides had finished 3-3 on aggregate. The bodys decision can be appealed against within three days.

Social problem

In examining the alleged discriminatory chants, the Control & Disciplinary Body admitted that the nature of the song concerned Billy Boys - related to a social problem in Scotland. The body also believed that the disciplinary decision in this case had to be taken in the context of Scotlands social and historical background.

Studied evidence

Rangers fined

Future directives

Are we to believe, in the first 'directive' posted on here, that UEFA would spell one of their member clubs names incorrectly? :blush:

1 - The 'bluenose' site

2 - Scotzine

I would say that isn't to far away, they would certainly like to see this song banned for real they have obviously done their homework and seen that it hasn't been banned and then created a fictional directive to put around forums.

I would say that isn't to far away, they would certainly like to see this song banned for real they have obviously done there homework and seen that it hasn't been banned and then created a fictional directive to put around forums.

Some people forget they are dealing with a teams 'fans' who despise the very ground we walk, the very air we breathe and the Country we are proud to be citizens of.

It is not beyond the mind of a bheast or bheasts to make up, albeit poor, fake UEFA directive's.

Has anyone EVER seen a link to the official UEFA site, or indeed media link, with this piss poor 'directive'?

I know the answer already.

There is a difference between a catholic and a taig IMO. I know a few people, and I do mean a few, who are catholics and have been brought up catholics by their parents but they don't go to chapel, don't play Gaelic, they even get into arguments with people who believe there is no border seperating Northern Ireland from ROI and that we should be one country, don't support ROI and in general have no religion or cultural beliefs. They are the people I can cope with but the taigs are the one who plead for a united Ireland, sing about the IRA, show an obvious hatred towards our club and religion, interrupt minute silences for war heroes, refuse to wear poppies on rememberance day etc.

So sing our songs loud and proud because it is those bastards from the other side that hate us with a passion and try to degrade us with their IRA songs and burning hatred. How can we sit in silence while they interrupt minute silences, wave Argentinian flags when war hero Simon Weston is present, sing songs about the IRA...

(tu) spot on

There is a difference between a catholic and a taig IMO. I know a few people, and I do mean a few, who are catholics and have been brought up catholics by their parents but they don't go to chapel, don't play Gaelic, they even get into arguments with people who believe there is no border seperating Northern Ireland from ROI and that we should be one country, don't support ROI and in general have no religion or cultural beliefs. They are the people I can cope with but the taigs are the one who plead for a united Ireland, sing about the IRA, show an obvious hatred towards our club and religion, interrupt minute silences for war heroes, refuse to wear poppies on rememberance day etc.

So sing our songs loud and proud because it is those bastards from the other side that hate us with a passion and try to degrade us with their IRA songs and burning hatred. How can we sit in silence while they interrupt minute silences, wave Argentinian flags when war hero Simon Weston is present, sing songs about the IRA...

(tu) spot on

Oh has it now..........where has it moved on?

The RIRA and CIRA are still active.....Israel and the Palestinians are still bombing each other....there are Sectarian Wars going on in Iraq and Pakistan as well as terror wars world wide....are we in a different world than 30 years ago...

It's the same old world with only different front lines

So, because other country's are having sectarian wars that means us as Rangers should not move on, and we should continue the FTP chants and sing the billy boys ?.

The Billy Boys is not sectarian and since we stopped singing it Ibrox Atmosphere is embarrassing.

I never said anything about TBB being sectarian, but it is always going to looked at that way, and yes the atmosphere at Ibrox is embarrassing, away games are much better.

Does it matter how it's looked upon?

As long as we can prove it's not sectarian we can sing it without any repercussions and stop bowing to media pressure

can we not just change F*nian for something else...using RM to filter out the new lyric and bring it back and the atmosphere for league games, what to change it to i dont know, but i love the song, but it is a banana skin for the club to get picked up on and we dont need that in our current circumstances

Oh has it now..........where has it moved on?

The RIRA and CIRA are still active.....Israel and the Palestinians are still bombing each other....there are Sectarian Wars going on in Iraq and Pakistan as well as terror wars world wide....are we in a different world than 30 years ago...

It's the same old world with only different front lines

So, because other country's are having sectarian wars that means us as Rangers should not move on, and we should continue the FTP chants and sing the billy boys ?.

The Billy Boys is not sectarian and since we stopped singing it Ibrox Atmosphere is embarrassing.

I never said anything about TBB being sectarian, but it is always going to looked at that way, and yes the atmosphere at Ibrox is embarrassing, away games are much better.

Does it matter how it's looked upon?

As long as we can prove it's not sectarian we can sing it without any repercussions and stop bowing to media pressure

can we not just change F*nian for something else...using RM to filter out the new lyric and bring it back and the atmosphere for league games, what to change it to i dont know, but i love the song, but it is a banana skin for the club to get picked up on and we dont need that in our current circumstances

You can't change it sorry just wouldn't be the same.

I didn't say anything about wanting celtic fans to sing pro IRA songs or did I say anything about me being ok with it, in fact I couldn't give a fuck what they sing, I'm a Rangers fan and am only concerned about Rangers and what they sing. I don't get offended at loyalist's songs :lol:, nor did I say ban this or that song :lol:. So you don't go to home game's because the atmosphere's shite ?, it is a pitty the atmosphere is shite, but is the main reason to go to Ibrox not to support Rangers ?. I wonder, do you just read the first few words of my post's and make up the rest ?.

I didn't say anything about wanting celtic fans to sing pro IRA songs or did I say anything about me being ok with it, in fact I couldn't give a fuck what they sing, I'm a Rangers fan and am only concerned about Rangers and what they sing. I don't get offended at loyalist's songs laugh.gif, nor did I say ban this or that song laugh.gif. So you don't go to home game's because the atmosphere's shite ?, it is a pitty the atmosphere is shite, but is the main reason to go to Ibrox not to support Rangers ?. I wonder, do you just read the first few words of my post's and make up the rest ?.

My post wasnt aimed at anything in particular. I never said i dont go because the atmosphere is shite. I go to the away games as there is less danger me ending up in a fight with my own fans. ie Boab grassing fans up etc. I cant handle the shite like that. I was also getting at you guys mentiong F*nian meaning catholic when it dosent.

Anyway im not going to hang around this thread, more important things going on at Rangers the now other than songs and our "own fans" going on about whats allowed and not. Its never been banned and should be brought back, loud and proud no edits, just the proper wordsboogie.png

I didn't say anything about wanting celtic fans to sing pro IRA songs or did I say anything about me being ok with it, in fact I couldn't give a fuck what they sing, I'm a Rangers fan and am only concerned about Rangers and what they sing. I don't get offended at loyalist's songs laugh.gif, nor did I say ban this or that song laugh.gif. So you don't go to home game's because the atmosphere's shite ?, it is a pitty the atmosphere is shite, but is the main reason to go to Ibrox not to support Rangers ?. I wonder, do you just read the first few words of my post's and make up the rest ?.

My post wasnt aimed at anything in particular. I never said i dont go because the atmosphere is shite. I go to the away games as there is less danger me ending up in a fight with my own fans. ie Boab grassing fans up etc. I cant handle the shite like that. I was also getting at you guys mentiong F*nian meaning catholic when it dosent.

Anyway im not going to hang around this thread, more important things going on at Rangers the now other than songs and our "own fans" going on about whats allowed and not. Its never been banned and should be brought back, loud and proud no edits, just the proper wordsboogie.png

You mentioned me in your post. Yes you did say you don't go to home games because of the atmosphere. I never said anything at all about the word F*nian or Catholic or anything like that, and nobody said certain songs SHOULD be banned, why jump in and "debate" when you don't know what your "debating" about :lol: ?. silly man/women/thing.

I didn't say anything about wanting celtic fans to sing pro IRA songs or did I say anything about me being ok with it, in fact I couldn't give a fuck what they sing,I'm a Rangers fan and am only concerned about Rangers and what they sing. I don't get offended at loyalist's songs :lol:, nor did I say ban this or that song :lol:. So you don't go to home game's because the atmosphere's shite ?, it is a pitty the atmosphere is shite, but is the main reason to go to Ibrox not to support Rangers ?. I wonder, do you just read the first few words of my post's and make up the rest ?.

I think you just contradicted yourself there.

And you have also said you don't want TBB boys sung so your also blowing wind up the wrong tree there also.

You might as well say ban every song that I don't agree with. :rolleyes:

dont do home games anymore and its cunts like them that have made me stop. I enjoy being with like minded folk at the away days and UCL away games. Id rather spend a huge amount going to sway games were i know fellow fans will not be "upset and hurt" at the songs im singing.

thats right i said i dont go because of the atmosphere didnt I? :wanker:

Can any of the posters who are adamant that the TBB is banned please provide a direct link to the UEFA statement,

not the EUFA one and not the one with the obvious spelling mistakes.

That one was written by Abu Hamza I believe, you know how hooks can mess up a keyboard!!!!! :craphead:

I didn't say anything about wanting celtic fans to sing pro IRA songs or did I say anything about me being ok with it, in fact I couldn't give a fuck what they sing,I'm a Rangers fan and am only concerned about Rangers and what they sing. I don't get offended at loyalist's songs :lol:, nor did I say ban this or that song :lol:. So you don't go to home game's because the atmosphere's shite ?, it is a pitty the atmosphere is shite, but is the main reason to go to Ibrox not to support Rangers ?. I wonder, do you just read the first few words of my post's and make up the rest ?.

I think you just contradicted yourself there.

And you have also said you don't want TBB boys sung so your also blowing wind up the wrong tree there also.

You might as well say ban every song that I don't agree with. :rolleyes:

How did I contradict myself exactly ?. I never said anything about wanting TBB not to be sung at all, I would just rather we didn't. Blowing wind up the wrong tree, what the fuck does that mean ?.