Footbal Chants and Sectarianism

Yes the World has moved on and like so many parts of the World that has moved on the past can and does still get celebrated. Why should we be any different? Why should we be singled out and discriminated against? Some folk argue the point that Celtic get away with it, well IMO I don't care what they sing, if it's their culture fair enough, let them get on with it, I don't get offended or upset about it, but I do however should have the opportunity of expressing my culture and upbringing.

Muslim fanatics are allowed to protest and jeer our soldiers when they come back from overseas expressing hatred and venom whilst they do so, yet our fans are not allowed the same freedom of speech. Which really is what this agrument is all about.

That's exactly what I said

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh has it now..........where has it moved on?

The RIRA and CIRA are still active.....Israel and the Palestinians are still bombing each other....there are Sectarian Wars going on in Iraq and Pakistan as well as terror wars world wide....are we in a different world than 30 years ago...

It's the same old world with only different front lines

So, because other country's are having sectarian wars that means us as Rangers should not move on, and we should continue the FTP chants and sing the billy boys ?.

Don't be silly, it is clearly sung with the thought of catholics in peoples heads.

"We're up to our knees in f*nian blood..."

When that word is said by people who do you think they have in mind?

I don't think that I could claim to know what everybody thinks when they sing the song.

However I have always assumd it was the more traditional definition of F*nian, meaning an Irish republican who was willing to take up arms. Wolfe Tone, for example, was a Protestant.

Billy Fullerton was, as I understand it, very anti-Irish republicanism and that's always the way that I had understood the song.

You are correct the definition of the word F*nian means Irish Republican or Irish Warrior not a catholic or anything like that.

It just happens most F*nians are catholics though.

But most Catholics are not F*nians.

It's like criticising the SNP. Most of their support are Scots but by criticising the Nats, you are not criticising the whole of the Scottish nation.

I wouldn't just exactly say that but most are not F*nian but are more lenient when it comes to it.

The RIRA and CIRA are still active.....Israel and the Palestinians are still bombing each other....there are Sectarian Wars going on in Iraq and Pakistan as well as terror wars world wide....are we in a different world than 30 years ago...

So, because other country's are having sectarian wars that means us as Rangers should not move on, and we should continue the FTP chants and sing the billy boys ?.

Again you miss the point on what hes trying to say. :rolleyes:

This has been done to death on here there was 100 pager on it, but the fact remains that we are known all over the world as a Protestant club and people can put all the spin on it that they like. And as i have said before if its good enough for generations before, then its good enough for me.

explain the point then :rolleyes:?.

This has been done to death on here there was 100 pager on it, but the fact remains that we are known all over the world as a Protestant club and people can put all the spin on it that they like. And as i have said before if its good enough for generations before, then its good enough for me.

Indeed, it was me that started it :craphead:

(tu)

I could not remember who started it but i have to go out now and i am sure this thread will still be going on when i get back. :)

This should be interesting

He was just saying things aren't what they seem

the world is very much the same as it was 30 years ago or longer here at home and abroad.

Typical attention seeker... bumming about i started a thread that lasted 100 pages so fecking what.

the world is very much the same as it was 30 years ago or longer here at home and abroad.

Yes, I understand what he was saying, but where from my reply does it seem like I've missed the point ?. Should we not move on as Rangers fans and get past the sectarianism or should we just always be as bad as THEM ?.

This should be interesting

It always is.

Typical attention seeker... bumming about i started a thread that lasted 100 pages so fecking what.

Did you notice the little smiley thing beside it? I was being Ironic, silly

The fact he got people to go round in circles about the same thing for 100+ pages is quite an achievement tbh.

The fact he got people to go round in circles about the same thing for 100+ pages is quite an achievement tbh.

I am quite the puppetmaster

Yes, I understand what he was saying, but where from my reply does it seem like I've missed the point ?. Should we not move on as Rangers fans and get past the sectarianism or should we just always be as bad as THEM ?.

We have traditions and culture they don't (well they don't have much to celebrate too) so how the hell can we be as bad as them make sense please. :rolleyes:

We have traditions and culture they don't (well they don't have much to celebrate too) so how the hell can we be as bad as them make sense please. :rolleyes:

How the fuck can you not understand what I meant in my last post ?, did you even read it :lol:?.

How the fuck can you not understand what I meant in my last post ?, did you even read it :lol:?.

Your sig :lol:

Of course they do doh

Plus, you completely missed the point - oh, the irony

I don't think its possible to be as stupid as he is, I like to think he's fishing with half his post's, to wind other's up.

Your sig :lol:

shit, forgot doh:lol: :lol: