The Boyd Saga

I've never been a massive Boyd fan, if I'm honest.

But if he was having second thoughts and wanted to sign the contract that was on the table I'd have no problems with that.

I've never been against Boyd leaving. Sometimes he annoys the shite out of me, it's the fact that we are losing a guarenteed 30 goal a season man for nothing that grinds on me.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if he was having second thoughts and wanted to sign the contract that was on the table I'd have no problems with that.

I've never been against Boyd leaving. Sometimes he annoys the shite out of me, it's the fact that we are losing a guarenteed 30 goal a season man for nothing that grinds on me.

Except that its a complete myth that Boyd is a guaranteed 30 goal a season striker, he has only achieved that once with us.

Except that its a complete myth that Boyd is a guaranteed 30 goal a season striker, he has only achieved that once with us.

OK 25 goal a season man then.

No point debating on semantics, we are both singing from the same hymn sheet here.

when Boyd leaves then Rangers will lack something we crave.... a natural finisher. we have no-one in the current squad who can score more in a season that boydy can. would be a good thing for all parties if he re-signed

when Boyd leaves then Rangers will lack something we crave.... a natural finisher. we have no-one in the current squad who can score more in a season that boydy can. would be a good thing for all parties if he re-signed

Agree mate, then if he does sign for another Club you know you will hear the old, Boyd would have scored that, if someone misses a chance.

For someone who's a natural finisher he seems to miss a lot of easy chances aswell.

Maybe that's to be expected? I know McCoist used to frustrate me with some of his sitters aswell.

But I also believe that Rangers should be able to take a decent goalscorer from almost any team in Scotland and play him up front and the amount of service he would get in the SPL, then he should get about 25 goals a season too.

I could be way off the mark, but it's just something I've always thought.

i know what your saying 1st jan 94 but even at Killie boyd was doing well and scoring a good few goals, the only one standing out at the moment thats scoring a few goals is Goodwillie and he seems a totally different player to Boyd(i.e not lazy) and i'm sure Rangers wouldnt play him in the same way and possibly on the wing

i know what your saying 1st jan 94 but even at Killie boyd was doing well and scoring a good few goals, the only one standing out at the moment thats scoring a few goals is Goodwillie and he seems a totally different player to Boyd(i.e not lazy) and i'm sure Rangers wouldnt play him in the same way and possibly on the wing

Yeah that's a good point regarding Godwillie.

I rate the lad, but he seems in the same mould as Lafferty, Miller, Naismith (not that I'm comparing them all) - in the way that they seem to be more footballer players rather than 30 goals a season poachers.

I think Godwillie would be a great addition, but we need a poacher too.

I rate the lad, but he seems in the same mould as Lafferty, Miller, Naismith (not that I'm comparing them all) - in the way that they seem to be more footballer players rather than 30 goals a season poachers.

Never herd of this Godwillie, as for the whole Miller not being a 30 goal a season man, near was Boyd in all honesty, and Miller could have had more than Boyd last season if he took the Penaltys so i think its harsh on miller, i think if we get around 15 goals from miller a season thats more than enough for the work he does for other players.

i rate him too, would be a great signing with Nacho leaving. kinda the same type eratic player although he wouldnt play for the shirt like Nacho did. If and when Boydy leaves then a dont think we will see another penalty box poacher at Ibrox for a while

Never herd of this Godwillie, as for the whole Miller not being a 30 goal a season man, near was Boyd in all honesty, and Miller could have had more than Boyd last season if he took the Penaltys so i think its harsh on miller, i think if we get around 15 goals from miller a season thats more than enough for the work he does for other players.

Who's being harsh on Miller? I think your totally mis-understanding the point I'm making.

Who's being harsh on Miller? I think your totally mis-understanding the point I'm making.

well you said miller is a more all round player and not a 30 goal a season goalscorer, but Boyd wasnt also and as for miller not goal scoring, i was stating he could have got more than our main goal scorer if he was the set piece taker.

Miller had a good season this season (probably the best season of his career) he got what? 22 goals?

Great going.

But that's 1 prolific season.

It could be the start of things to come. I hope so.

The point I'm making that your missing is that Miller (along with) Naismith and Lafferty are not renouned as poachers in the same sense as Boyd. That's all.

Top and bottom of the Boyd saga is he has came out in the press and said he's leaving when his contract is up. Walter Smith has also said the same so it's upto Boyd to make his mind up were he goes. Best of luck to him scored loads of goals, ok hardly any in the big games but never really played in many big games as he was mostly on the bench.

Miller had a good season this season (probably the best season of his career) he got what? 22 goals?

Great going.

The point I'm making that your missing is that Miller (along with) Naismith and Lafferty are not renouned as poachers in the same sense as Boyd. That's all.

Totally agree mate but i feel that without Boyd we may could play more free flowing fast football with lots of interchanging as we would have more energy up top, instead of trying to look for Boyd straight away.

i cant remember the last time we scored a few goals down the middle, when mendes was in there he would thread alot of nice passes down the centre for Miller and Boyd to link up with.

Great going.

Totally agree mate but i feel that without Boyd we may could play more free flowing fast football with lots of interchanging as we would have more energy up top, instead of trying to look for Boyd straight away.

i cant remember the last time we scored a few goals down the middle, when mendes was in there he would thread alot of nice passes down the centre for Miller and Boyd to link up with.

Yeah I defo agree with that.

I've noticed a lot in the past couple of years that if Boyd gets subbed and we bring on another striker, all of a sudden we play more football and create more chances.

I'm all for that.

Not 100% sure we have seen the last of Boydie. I don't think his drought was due to lack of interest but coming back too soon. Miller is a strike partner and will always do better in that role. Niasey and Lafferty are of the same mold but no where near as good as KM is. And laugh if you want but if he was 100% committed to football instead of needing to take a step back to retain his registration as a doc, I think Kenny Deuchar might do a job up front with the service that Rangers would give him.

i spoke to a very close source to kris and he says he is frightened that he wont make it and will be the forgotten man, he says he is wants to stay at ibrox, his words were better the devil you know

True story by the way :sherlock:

Boyd has contributed alot to Rangers with his goals but he claims to be a fan and yet wants more than rangers can offer him. Any pay rise should be good enough and I look forward to seeing him play abroad if he does because he claimed it was too hot to play football in scotland so what will it be like abroad. He will get found out in better leagues.