The Boyd Saga

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Boyd the football will (probably) be prettier but wih less bite. Without Boyd we can still win the league (he did not offer much in the last 4 months of the season). Losing the likes of Bougherra and McGregor is more worrying. It's fair enough saying we'd have money to spend but we already know that those two will do the business for us, their replacements may not.

He's had his chance, he's come out and said that he wants to move on... the sooner he signs a contract with someone else, the better!

I don't want to see him ending back at Rangers, we are not second best!

He's had his chance, he's come out and said that he wants to move on... the sooner he signs a contract with someone else, the better!

I don't want to see him ending back at Rangers, we are not second best!

The constant talk of which team hes going to is very tiresome

Quite frankly - and I know this is harsh. I hope Boyd well and truly fucks up by not 'selecting' a team and ends up playing in some shite country with some shite team... And.. being terribly unhappy.

Had enough of this loser. Give up 20k per week to play if The Champions? Get real Boydy son.

Shota stil wants to throw 50K a week at him, <cr>

Arveladze: Boyd price must be right

Arveladze: Boyd price must be right

(UKPA) – 16 hours ago

Shota Arveladze expects a visit from Kris Boyd this week but the Kayserispor boss will not get involved in a Turkish auction for the player.

Bursaspor and Ankaragucu are also interested in Boyd, who has been reportedly offered a two-year deal worth £50,000 per week from the former Rangers and Georgia striker. Arveladze is looking forward to the 26-year-old striker - out of contract at Rangers this summer - and his representative, Mark Donaghy, flying to Turkey this week for talks but will insist on exclusivity.

"They have promised to come out to our place and are trying to find the best way to come," Arveladze told The Scottish Mail on Sunday. "I said that if he comes to speak to other teams then my offer is out."

He added: "If he comes to see other teams then all the media will be watching, taking photos of him everywhere.

"It is like a gamble and if he chooses another team then I look silly.

"I said if you come, then just visit me and make your mind up after that.

"So I hope he comes this week to see the place and finally agrees that he will come and play for us.

"I just want to let Kris feel that he is important to us and that he will feel happy living here and scoring goals for our team.

"I have to get a striker as soon as I can. I hope this can work out."

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

It sounds like the whole "He'll re-sign may not be true, surprise, surprise. And no quotes here though, just another page in the saga...

NORTH EAST rivals Newcastle and Middlesbrough are set to fight it out for Rangers striker Kris Boyd.

The Scotland international will become a free agent this week after seeing out his contract at Ibrox.

Boyd's availability has alerted both Toon boss Chris Hughton and Boro chief Gordon Strachan.

Both managers need an experienced hitman and the 26-year-old forward has bagged an impressive 101 league goals in 143 starts for Gers.

Hughton will offer Boyd the chance to star in the Premier League and Strachan, who failed in a January bid, believes Boro are 12 months from a top-flight return.

Talks are due to start with Boyd this week as he readies himself to end his five-year stay at Ibrox.

Both clubs have intimated they will match the player's wage demands and the fight is a two-way one since Birmingham pulled out.

Newcastle have put a ceiling of £35,000-a-week on any new deals at the club, either for existing players or for new arrivals.

That fits for Boyd but could lead to the exit of Steven Taylor. Taylor is desperate to stay at his hometown club but has less than 12 months less on his current £35,000-a-week contract and has been offered the same terms.

He will look at his options if the offer is not improved.

i spoke to a very close source to kris and he says he is frightened that he wont make it and will be the forgotten man, he says he is wants to stay at ibrox, his words were better the devil you know

True story by the way :sherlock:

:mutley::mutley::mutley::mutley::mutley:

The biggest question still remains unanswered; is he Rangers class?

How many of our current squad would you say are "Rangers class"?

Bougherra, Mcgregor, Davis boogie.png

This was a reply elsewhere craphead2.gif

Three. :pipe:

Davis, Broadfoot and................................?

:happy:

McCulloch.

Miller had the best season of his career, mostly playing alongside Boyd. I don't think Boyds contribution should be forgotten in that aspect, we may well see a dip in millers performance without his strike partner and it won't be long before people turn on miller, some are just waiting for the excuse :wink:

SHOTA ARVELADZE has delivered an ultimatum to Kris Boyd as he steps up his efforts to bring the striker to Kayserispor.

The departing Rangers hitman is due to visit ex-Ibrox favourite Arveladze - now cutting his teeth in management - in Turkey this week.

Shota ArveladzeBut Bursaspor and Ankaragucu are also interested in the 26-year-old and it appears he and his agent Mark Donaghy could have talks with them too.

Arveladze wants to avoid that happening and has told Boyd that's he'll withdraw his reported offer of £50,000 per week if the Scotland star meets anyone other than him.

The Georgian said: "They have promised to come out to our place and are trying to find the best way to come.

"I just want to let Kris feel he is important to us and that he'll feel happy living here and scoring goals for our team.

"I have to get a striker as soon as I can. I hope this can work out. I said that if he comes to speak to other teams then my offer is out.

"If he comes to see other teams then all the media will be watching, taking photos of him everywhere.

"It is like a gamble and if he chooses another team then I look silly. I said if you come, then just visit me and make your mind up after that.

"I hope that he comes this week to see the place and finally agrees that he will come and play for us."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100628/shota-gives-boyd-ultimatum_2254024_2079711

A reported £50k a week for Kris Boyd <cr>

Bougherra, Mcgregor, Davis boogie.png

This was a reply elsewhere craphead2.gif

It was an example given, sorry I didn't name every player possible. As for the term 'Rangers class' it's a load of bollocks, and I wish we could get over it ffs. Had enough of it last night, and the same old petty argument took place.

ask harry "the durty tim" callaghan

he spent about 5 hours last night acting like he knew while others didnt

Just noticed this parcel of pish.

The word wanker springs to mind, but I won't lower myself.

If you cannot bring yourself to realise that there is a big wide world out there beyond Rangers then you are what you type. Full of shite.

This is exactly the reason I have the opinion I have on so many 'web' fans.

If you cannot bring yourself to realise that there is a big wide world out there beyond Rangers then you are what you type. Full of shite.

Mate the way u talk to fellow bears is nothing short of laughable.

"Web fans" is this what u call the fans that pack out Ibrox every second week.

Mate the way u talk to fellow bears is nothing short of laughable.

Note the post I quoted regarding durty tim and claim laughable??????

A lot of posts on a forum and the claim of 'was a season ticket holder' means what?

Ok, I can see where this thread is going. The slating, name calling, slagging... goes no futher - if you have a problem with each other then keep it to pm. If you don't know the script by now, I suggest you read the forum rules.