Miller could go

andyboy66

miller_1087510a.jpgAWAY DAZE ... Kenny Miller promotes Rangers' colourful new away stripPic: Keith Campbell

Published: Today

chicklet-comments.gif Add a comment (0)chicklet-rss.gifchicklet-share.gifchicklet-email.gifchicklet-print.gif

KENNY MILLER fears being forced out of Rangers.

The Ibrox hitman also admits he COULDstill be tempted to quit the SPL champions.

Miller is one of six first-team players out of contract at the end of this coming season.

It makes him a saleable asset to a club strapped for cash.

Miller doesn't want to go but the 30-year-old has confessed he could be lured away from Ibrox if the right offer landed on the table.

Miller said: "It's not ideal but this is the situation the club is in. Lads like myself don't have any decisions to make as things stand just now.

"It's disappointing when you're happy somewhere and feel settled.

"Under normal circumstances, if you're doing well and the team is successful, then the manager would be knocking on a few doors saying he's looking to EXTEND your stay.

"If the club isn't in the position to do that then there's nothing anyone can do. It does bring uncertainty, going into the last year of your contract gives you all different things to worry about.

"You think about what would happen if you get injured and things like that. It's worrying but that's the time we're in.

"We just need to deal with it and if any decisions need to be made along the way we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

"I'm as happy now as I've ever been at any other time in my career.

"The last couple of years have been great. It helps when you're successful and to win four out of the six trophies up for grabs - particularly the two league titles - has been great.

"I could not have imagined things being much better when I came back. I'm happy. I felt I had a good season last year, scoring a level of goals which was pleasing.

"I don't want to leave but sometimes it can be exciting. If it's the right thing and something you're interested in, then fine, it can be a welcome chat with the manager.

"As it is there aren't any decisions to be made so you just get your head down and get on with it.

"You never know what can happen. I'm sitting here now but something could happen tomorrow.

"It leaves uncertainty within the squad as we don't know what's going to happen but the manager spoke to lads going into this season with a year left on their contracts and he explained the situation.

"At the end of the day there's nothing we can do about it."

It's an amazing contrast to Miller's first spell at Rangers.

Advertisement

Back in 2000 he was surrounded by highly paid superstars. Now it's kids who fill the first-team dressing room at Ibrox. Players are leaving the club faster than boss Walter Smith can attract replacements. It's not worrying Miller yet, but soon will if the Chris Eagles of this world don't accept deals at Ibrox.

Miller added: "It's not a concern at the moment. If we lose any more, though, then it would be. Kevin Thomson going was a real disappointment, though we've cover in that area with Lee McCulloch, Steven Davis, John Fleck and Mo Edu.

"In terms of numbers in the first team squad at the moment it's really depleted, certainly from when I came back to the club.

"Compared to my first spell here it's a full turnaround.

"You just need to think back to the players we had back then.

"Giovanni van Bronckhorst just about lifted the World Cup last week and he was here.

"We had Ronald de Boer, Jorg Albertz - the list was endless. We're talking about big, big earners, big personalities and big stars. Tore Andre Flo came for £12million but part of being a Rangers player is bringing success to the club and we've done that in the last few years whether we've signed players or not.

"I just think it's getting highlighted this year more than ever because the four lads who were out of contract left the club. Add Thommo to that and it's five which includes two or three really important players.

"If they're not replaced then we just need to get on with it but just for sheer numbers we need a couple of bodies to freshen things up.

"We look around the dressing room at the moment and there are maybe only 15 or 16 experienced, first team lads. Ideally we'd have four more but by the looks of things the younger lads are going to be a big part of it."

Miller discussed the season ahead at Murray Park yesterday as he modelled Rangers' new away kit.

He'd love to be pulling on a shirt with a number nine on the back after Kris Boyd's departure.

He added: "It's not been decided yet but if I was asked if I wanted it, I would take it.

"At the end of the day it's just a number. If you're a striker it probably does mean a wee bit more if you are a number nine at a club, that's you as the main striker.

"That's a sort of mental thing, a number is a number. You go out to play football, that's it.

"I think if you ask any player they would want to have a number within that starting 11."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a bottle of vintage champagne for when this rhat finally leaves our club

I opened mine after he helped us to a league and cup double, and toasted him along with the rest of my beloved team.

I've a bottle of vintage champagne for when this rhat finally leaves our club

I opened mine after he helped us to a league and cup double, and toasted him along with the rest of my beloved team.

He is one of our best players no doubt. King Kenny must stay

:lol:

when did kenny miller become indispensible? <cr>

hes average at best with the touch of an elephant, oh thats right, he runs around for 90 mis!

1 good season and fans are dreading losing him doh

laugh.gif

when did kenny miller become indispensible? wacko.gif

hes average at best with the touch of an elephant, oh thats right, he runs around for 90 mis!

1 good season and fans are dreading losing him doh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'>

Miller has been one of our most important players for the past two years. He's as important to the side as Bougherra and Davis are.

Plus we are hardly in a comfortable position where we can afford to lose any more of our more experienced players are we?

If it wasn't for King Kenny, we would be in administration. He came when the club called. It must be time for him to be inducted into the HoF!

kenny gives one interview and then there are huners of different slants on it from everyone, gotta stay and i find it a tad disconcerning that the situation we are in some fans on ego trips think its best to clear the squad more just cause of personal feelings towards the guy, get a grip its for he good of the club he stays

laugh.gif

1 good season and fans are dreading losing him doh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'>

Miller has been one of our most important players for the past two years. He's as important to the side as Bougherra and Davis are.

Plus we are hardly in a comfortable position where we can afford to lose any more of our more experienced players are we?

we were hardly comfortable enough to lose boyd, novo, thomson and the rest, our squad is so small and will only get smaller, i wouldnt mind losing miller, i have faith we could find a better football player for the money hes on and the money we could get for him

i couldnt disagree more that miller is as important as davis, but maybe hes as important as bougherra coz big boughy didnt play much, but as a footballer, he couldnt lace big Boughys boots, i understand what your saying m8, just kills me that someone so limited is valued so highly by our support, its nuts, hes fucking rotten, a headless chicken, 1 good season and all of a sudden hes so important to our team! <cr>

make no mistake if an offer comes in for him the club will accept and kenny be off, doesnt matter what size our squad is, there is only 1 player who is not for sale in our squad and his initials are LM

(tu)

If it wasn't for King Kenny, we would be in administration. He came when the club called. It must be time for him to be inducted into the HoF!

i sense extreme sarcacism

:wink:

laugh.gif

we were hardly comfortable enough to lose boyd, novo, thomson and the rest, our squad is so small and will only get smaller, i wouldnt mind losing miller, i have faith we could find a better football player for the money hes on and the money we could get for him

i couldnt disagree more that miller is as important as davis, but maybe hes as important as bougherra coz big boughy didnt play much, but as a footballer, he couldnt lace big Boughys boots, i understand what your saying m8, just kills me that someone so limited is valued so highly by our support, its nuts, hes fucking rotten, a headless chicken, 1 good season and all of a sudden hes so important to our team! <cr>

make no mistake if an offer comes in for him the club will accept and kenny be off, doesnt matter what size our squad is, there is only 1 player who is not for sale in our squad and his initials are LM

(tu)

it kills you someone so limited is valued by our support, says it all to me, this aint about you is it, its about success at our club and kenny was a big part of that and like it or not he merits a place in our squad, you would happilly see him go if it meant damaging us i just have a feeling on that one IMO, some people are so blinded by hatred i dont know wether to laugh or just pitty you, but hey ho thats just me i guess

i couldnt disagree more that miller is as important as davis, but maybe hes as important as bougherra coz big boughy didnt play much, but as a footballer, he couldnt lace big Boughys boots, i understand what your saying m8, just kills me that someone so limited is valued so highly by our support, its nuts, hes fucking rotten, a headless chicken, 1 good season and all of a sudden hes so important to our team! wacko.gif

00000042.gif

Thomson aside, those players left under freedom of contract so it's a totally different situation compeltely.

As for "having faith" that we could replace him, I'm pretty sick of hearing that expression from blinkered fans every time we lose a player. If you try to name one esthabished thirty year old with 45 odd international caps and 35 odd goals over the past two seasons who would actually be willing to join us with our current budget, then you see it's actually not as easy as you think.

Miller has been good for two seasons now, and he contributed massively to two in a row, I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he's the best striker in Scotland at the moment and we need to keep our best players if we want to win this league next year.

Losing him would be a massive blow because like I said he's as important to the side as Bougherra and Davis. They make the defence and midfield tick, while Miller's intelligent runs, ability to drop into the hole and work the channels make him the focal point of our attack.

Every time I reply to one of your posts it just ends up being a massive game of swings and roundabouts with you, so all I'm going to say is that I'd hate to to lose him.

laugh.gif

(tu)

it kills you someone so limited is valued by our support, says it all to me, this aint about you is it, its about success at our club and kenny was a big part of that and like it or not he merits a place in our squad, you would happilly see him go if it meant damaging us i just have a feeling on that one IMO, some people are so blinded by hatred i dont know wether to laugh or just pitty you, but hey ho thats just me i guess

*pulls out the violin and gets stuck into a wee tune*

bwa bwa bwa

Miller is our most important player imo. Without him we always looks flat and our forwards struggle to create and score goals. He has been excellent since he came back to us. Anybody who tries to deny that he is one of our best players doesnt know much about football.

i couldnt disagree more that miller is as important as davis, but maybe hes as important as bougherra coz big boughy didnt play much, but as a footballer, he couldnt lace big Boughys boots, i understand what your saying m8, just kills me that someone so limited is valued so highly by our support, its nuts, hes fucking rotten, a headless chicken, 1 good season and all of a sudden hes so important to our team! wacko.gif

00000042.gif

Thomson aside, those players left under freedom of contract so it's a totally different situation compeltely.

As for "having faith" that we could replace him, I'm pretty sick of hearing that expression from blinkered fans every time we lose a player. If you try to name one esthabished thirty year old with 45 odd international caps and 35 odd goals over the past two seasons who would actually be willing to join us with our current budget, then you see it's actually not as easy as you think.

Miller has been good for two seasons now, and he contributed massively to two in a row, I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he's the best striker in Scotland at the moment and we need to keep our best players if we want to win this league next year.

Losing him would be a massive blow because like I said he's as important to the side as Bougherra and Davis. They make the defence and midfield tick, while Miller's intelligent runs, ability to drop into the hole and work the channels make him the focal point of our attack.

Every time I reply to one of your posts it just ends up being a massive game of swings and roundabouts with you, so all I'm going to say is that I'd hate to to lose him.

that doesnt matter though dbbtb, our squad was going to lose a few alleged important players, we could have done more to stop them leaving but we didnt, the club are happy for the squad size to go down, they must think we will increase it through this window

scotland caps mean nothing to me, worse players than miller have had more caps! im talking about a football player, not a runner, not a headless chicken, someone who will bring more to our team, i dont think it would be that hard to find a better player than him for the money hes on, but thats just my opinion and this website is excellent at that, fans opinions

your probably right, i dont know why im being harsh on him i like him as a person, i just dont rate him as a footballer, he has been pretty important over the past few years, i would be silly to say otherwise, i just think we could do better, hes not getting any younger, his contract is up in a year and he wont get a new one, do we lose him for nothing like boyd too? you say you dont want to lose him, he will be leaving next year anyway for free

your last paragraph is spot on, im sorry for being so derogative about him, he is our focal point up front and our main man up top too, hes just not my personal cup of tea, but he does do the job that Walter asks of him

(tu)

Miller is our most important player imo. Without him we always looks flat and our forwards struggle to create and score goals. He has been excellent since he came back to us. Anybody who tries to deny that he is one of our best players doesnt know much about football.

Thats my thoughts as well, Miller is the tim slayer, he has clipped them past Boruc left right and centre, our top man imo.