Rangers chief reassures fans over dwindling squad

Maybe Walter has been told, yes you can spend, but get rid of those you dont need/want first. We had a squad of about 30 before all this happened and I think that was half the problem. Maybe we just dont want to see a repeat of that?

You are certainly correct, Emerson, we had way too many players but things have obviously gone too far the other way now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all you lot are going deaf...If you would have listened carefully, the size of a budget was never discussed.

Martin Bain said "We have got a small BUDGIE to work with" :anguish:

I think he meant we were going to sign the pigeon. :wink:

I LOL'ed.

The pigeon would actually be a great signing.

yet another carefully worded statement.

Yes we will get players "within our budget"

Translated, we'll be lucky to get a few bosmans.

It's becoming obvious we don't have any money for transfers. Any talk of winning the league is pie in the sky I'm afraid. We did well and were lucky last season, but we've lost half that squad.

It's not good enough.

Is that translated or is it your translation?

just been on sky sports there, rangers possibly set to lose another defender, with an interview with bougherra saying he is unsure if he will still be at ibrox at the start of the season. oh, great, thats all we need

just been on sky sports there, rangers possibly set to lose another defender, with an interview with bougherra saying he is unsure if he will still be at ibrox at the start of the season. oh, great, thats all we need

This one was a no-brainer. Bougherra was always going to be one of the ones heading for the exit door.

See transfer value.

See Lloyds Bank executives slavering at the mouth.

See instant cash injection.

See Bougherra at Glasgow Airport waving "ta-ta"!

Im sure they are all thinking it just now. If a bid comes in they will be gone by the looks of it. What we need to see now is a bid come in for him, who we have no need to sell, and see what the club does. If it turns it down then things cant be that bad. All ifs and buts though...

Madjid Bougherra insists he is focused and ready to give his all to Rangers' cause this season.

Despite being linked with numerous moves away from Ibrox, the Algeria international is now looking forward to another season with the SPL champions.

The 27-year-old is relishing the prospect of UEFA Champions League football in the coming campaign and is eager to test himself against some of Europe's finest.

Bougherra has flown to Australia along with Walter Smith's other first-team players knowing there is a lot of hard pre-season work to get through to be ready for the opening day against Kilmarnock.

Good year

"I need to train hard in pre-season to have another good year and that's what I will do," he told the Daily Record.

"I can't wait to play in the Champions League again. It's the World Cup for clubs.

"This is the very highest level you can play at. It's not every day you get to play in this tournament.

"It's always nice to play in the competition and I would love to make further progress this time.

"I'm looking forward to going to Australia as there is much work to be done ahead of the new season.

"We need to prepare well and be ready for each of the competitions we play in this year."

must be a top story as of the last 3 and half hours, nothing