Rangers chief reassures fans over dwindling squad

i am sure i read a quote from bain or alistair johnston a while back saying their would be some funds, and any funds generated from transfers would be directed back to the kitty

honestly, we have now lost 6 first team players, how is this possibly happening???

WS said that he did not expect to see any of the funds that were generated from sales, certainly a very limited amount if any. That was backed up by KTs comments earlier. Most of the sales didn't generate any income, just saved on the wage bill.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

my preditcion we wont sign a single player who is as good as novo boyd thomson or wilson.

olivar bernards fanfans and maieros await us bears.

I think that is a given. With such a small budget and no high wages (which isn't a bad thing), we need to rely on Bosmans that nobody else can afford, or a little known gem.

Wish i was you mate, knowing the budget and all belm.png

Oh, so we have a big budget? Unless you are so smart that you know something that everybody else doesn't, I think it is pretty safe to assume that our budget will be relatively small. Jeez, talk about being argumentative for the sake of it.

We do not know the budget i reckon if anything is there it will be between 3 and 5 million but that will be the 1 budget for wages, signings and contracts etc. Not a massive budget but 1 that should see us win the leauge if spent wisely

what and who do you imagine we can get for that budget.

goncalves on a 3 year deal at 15k a week would be 2.25 million of it.

i am sure i read a quote from bain or alistair johnston a while back saying their would be some funds, and any funds generated from transfers would be directed back to the kitty

honestly, we have now lost 6 first team players, how is this possibly happening???

6 first team players but how many played?

Wilson was there as cover for Boogie, Smith rarely played as did Beasley

Novo was an impact sub and Thomson was injury prone

As for Boyd, dont even get me started on that traitor (td)

As far as I'm concerned, all of them are easily replaceable , we just need to wait and see who signs

It's all guess work but let's assume for one minute that those figures are close, that only leaves a couple of wide players and a great striker to replace with the balance :wink:

quote from bain:

"We have agreed with Lloyds that we can spend some of the Champions League income and we also hope to maintain wage levels as they currently stand and reinvest any transfer proceeds that we might have.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Martin-Bain-promises-transfer-budget.6321826.jp

more spin from the king

I don't believe a word that comes out of anyone's mouth at Rangers anymore. I'll believe it when I see it, and the '2 or 3' players we supposidly want, is not enough!

I'm not bothered about losing Danny Wilson, he didn't want to stay, we had to cash in on him. I am worried that about the lack of numbers, the fact that others could leave, the lack of quality, and players for certain areas of the park. If Walter Smith and Ally McCoist think all we need is a player for each part of the pitch (3), then there is something wrong!

We are 22 days away from the start of the season, we have lost a number of first-team and squad players, there is very little money (if any!?), we haven't signed anyone, and have left for our pre-season camp in Australia... We will no doubt lose some more, and there is bound to be a panic buy in there somewhere. A few players out of contract at the end of this coming season, and I think we will try and cash in on them, if we can't offer them a new deal, or they want to move on.

I wish people like Martin Bain would just keep their trap shut!

I think it was aj that said that all funds from players sales will be reinvested in the squad.

It's all guess work but let's assume for one minute that those figures are close, that only leaves a couple of wide players and a great striker to replace with the balance :wink:

sorry mate i didnt realise you wer taking the piss my radars off today :D

6 first team players but how many played?

Wilson was there as cover for Boogie, Smith rarely played as did Beasley

Novo was an impact sub and Thomson was injury prone

As for Boyd, dont even get me started on that traitor (td)

As far as I'm concerned, all of them are easily replaceable , we just need to wait and see who signs

wilon played more games at centrehalf than anyone apart from davie weir.

novo played in more than 30 games

boyd was our top scorer and started most games

thomson was a first pick and played alot

smith played 10 games but can be replaced with a youth

beasley was a big part of our best spell of the season as weas novo. he was our only wide midfielder but he wasnt value for money with smith not fancying him.

all of them were good players and wont be replaced with similar quality

I think it was aj that said that all funds from players sales will be reinvested in the squad.

i think he did but that was a months ago. he has recently said a percentage will go to smith. 0% it seems.

I think all you lot are going deaf...If you would have listened carefully, the size of a budget was never discussed.

Martin Bain said "We have got a small BUDGIE to work with" :anguish:

I think he meant we were going to sign the pigeon. :wink:

James McArthur is set to sign for Wigan, a fee has been agreed. Yet another player who seem's to get better, without even playing.

Or a player who has impressed last year and has been tipped by many to take over from Thomson on this board (tu)

Cunts allowed stories about not needind to sell, smith getting money from sales and 5 mil was just pish to get me and others buy season tickets. I would have got one anyway but I don't believe a word these cunts say anymore.

It wouldnt suprise if Miller and Alexander were sold and maybe even Papac. They need to get players in and fast in order for them to settle befoe the season starts and also to appease the fans who grow tired of all the lies and shite being spouted by Bain and to a degree Smith as well.

its quite funny that folks actually think the suggestion made by others that the club, higherarchy are telling us plain faced lies, they have been honest and i think walter was genuine when he said he wanted thomson to stay, but it is good business to set free the one yr contract people if it is in any way going to affect the business plan fo rangers, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors and rightly so, afterall if we knew all the inns and out, well all im going to say is there are a lot of experts on here when it comes to running rangers.

Giz peace and wait till the new season starts before the slaughtering of the people put in an imposible task of sorting rangers out.

James McArthur is set to sign for Wigan, a fee has been agreed. Yet another player who seem's to get better, without even playing.

I really can't see why you don't rate McArthur, its unusual for me ot to agree with your opinions on players but this is one where I cannot understand your stance.

yet another carefully worded statement.

Yes we will get players "within our budget"

Translated, we'll be lucky to get a few bosmans.

It's becoming obvious we don't have any money for transfers. Any talk of winning the league is pie in the sky I'm afraid. We did well and were lucky last season, but we've lost half that squad.

It's not good enough.

I wish people would shut up about McArthur.....he ain't comin,he's off to Wigan...move on.

We can't be fussy so if Harewood,Tonge and Goncalves sign and we don't sell anymore i'll be ok with that although i would like another 2 on top of that.

First and foremost we need to win the league again so build a team for that,Europe is a bonus and the money is more important than the results

Maybe Walter has been told, yes you can spend, but get rid of those you dont need/want first. We had a squad of about 30 before all this happened and I think that was half the problem. Maybe we just dont want to see a repeat of that?