Martin Bain Interview

Davie2909

this is superb news. 3 players in the same bracket class wise as steve davis and we will stroll this league.

and he finaly put to bed that pish about 1 million a year is all we need to repay.

I can`t believe we are agreeing on something but you are spot on here, :wink:

Not just 3 players but 3 starters in the class of davis.

boyd was a 85% starter so I hope we replace him with someone who can play against everyone.( still be a hard scoring act to follow but maybe a better all round player)

thomson 65% starter ( due to injuries)but would have expected him to play most games this season.

wilson: Didn`t expect him to play at all this season.( or maybe in league cup games or if we got hammered with injury`s)

novo 15% starter

smith : non starter this season unless injures

beasley 30% starter glad we didn`t give him another contract.

2 real players to replace.

as you said if we get 3 quality players we will win the league. quality over quantity.

are people missing whats happening at torbet towers ?

they are going for quantity over quality. great news for us because lennon will sign up another load of duds to long contracts which will bite them in the arse next season when they sack him.

I also think we might buy/ loan a couple of cheap fillers if he doesn`t think our youths are up to it. although bain said 3 quality I`ve a feeling this preseason might help walter decide if he needs any cheap options as well.hope we can stick with our youths though.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i still honestly dont believe that if we offered boyd £18000 plus £4000 a game yet we can't offer anyone in the current team a new contract.

and also that thomson wanted to leave

If Thomson didn't want to leave he would still be at Ibrox. He left because he wanted more money.

And obviously the mouth-wateringly desirable games at Scunthorpe and Doncaster. Who would pass that up when all you had as an alternative was Champions League fitba?

whittaker said the other day that thomson always said he wanted to play down south. ( all be it in the EPL)

i still honestly dont believe that if we offered boyd £18000 plus £4000 a game yet we can't offer anyone in the current team a new contract.

and also that thomson wanted to leave

If you read what bain says is after we bring in the new players then we can look at new contracts for the players still here. But I`m sure they will only get them if they have a value to the club. I don`t think velicka will get another deal.

this is superb news. 3 players in the same bracket class wise as steve davis and we will stroll this league.

and he finaly put to bed that pish about 1 million a year is all we need to repay.

boyd was a 85% starter so I hope we replace him with someone who can play against everyone.( still be a hard scoring act to follow but maybe a better all round player)

thomson 65% starter ( due to injuries)but would have expected him to play most games this season.

wilson: Didn`t expect him to play at all this season.( or maybe in league cup games or if we got hammered with injury`s)

novo 15% starter

as you said if we get 3 quality players we will win the league. quality over quantity.

they are going for quantity over quality. great news for us because lennon will sign up another load of duds to long contracts which will bite them in the arse next season when they sack him.

I also think we might buy/ loan a couple of cheap fillers if he doesn`t think our youths are up to it. although bain said 3 quality I`ve a feeling this preseason might help walter decide if he needs any cheap options as well.hope we can stick with our youths though.

3 players of davis quality will give us the best 6 players in the league barring some sort of injury nightmare it will see us march on to 3 in a row.

(tu)

novo 15% starter

3 players of davis quality will give us the best 6 players in the league barring some sort of injury nightmare it will see us march on to 3 in a row.

(tu)

This is the part of the interview which gives a sort of reference to the standard of player we're trying to get.

We want to bring in another two or three players of real quality. We want another Steve Davis - players who improve the quality of the team.

It would be wrong for me to say we are going to bring in another three Steves. But what I am trying to do is find three quality players rather than five or six squad fillers.

This is the part of the interview which gives a sort of reference to the standard of player we're trying to get.

We want to bring in another two or three players of real quality. We want another Steve Davis - players who improve the quality of the team.

It would be wrong for me to say we are going to bring in another three Steves. But what I am trying to do is find three quality players rather than five or six squad fillers.

Ah right I see. Cheers mate!

With three players near Davis' quality we'll walk the league!