Martin Bain Interview

Davie2909

Why put in the Daily rehbel? There wasn't one question asked that we would not have asked him. There is nothing wrong with any of the questions they asked him eitha ffs

Exactly the same thing that got me. None of those questions are what ay fan would ask. We would ask more in depth questions not bloody ' How is your relationship with Walter?' who gives a shit.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

boyd offered 18k a week and 4k appearance fee dry.gif

Q: You have an agreement with Lloyds Bank. Is it simply a matter of reducing the overdraft by £1m a year as had been previously stated?

A: There is no schedule to bring the debt down by a million a year. The bank wants its money back and has simply set us parameters which, although tight, have not handcuffed us.

They are just difficult circumstances but we can work within them.

The debt has come down but we are still paying for past transfers. That means, if we make £10m it doesn't automatically come off the total of our debt. It is still too high but it is becoming more and more manageable.

thats quite interesting as well, where did this 1million a year stuff come from then????

I had posted that he was offered 22k p/w back in june

Q: You have an agreement with Lloyds Bank. Is it simply a matter of reducing the overdraft by £1m a year as had been previously stated?

A: There is no schedule to bring the debt down by a million a year. The bank wants its money back and has simply set us parameters which, although tight, have not handcuffed us.

The debt has come down but we are still paying for past transfers. That means, if we make £10m it doesn't automatically come off the total of our debt. It is still too high but it is becoming more and more manageable.

thats quite interesting as well, where did this 1million a year stuff come from then????

22k a week is slightly different than what bain says

basically boyd knew that every week we had a big game would mean his wages dropped to 18k a week

how would he have fucking survived :rolleyes:

22k a week is slightly different than what bain says

basically boyd knew that every week we had a big game would mean his wages dropped to 18k a week

how would he have fucking survived rolleyes.gif

But say he played a champs leauge game and a leauge game he would take home 26k p/w.

I think i even mentioned it was 22 after a bonus. It was the "source" i know who told me which led to me and boss both posting he would stay. That was the deal he said would keep him, but personaly i think Boyd thought we wouldnt match his demands so the fans would blame the club 00000042.gif

But say he played a champs leauge game and a leauge game he would take home 26k p/w.

I think i even mentioned it was 22 after a bonus. It was the "source" i know who told me which led to me and boss both posting he would stay. That was the deal he said would keep him, but personaly i think Boyd thought we wouldnt match his demands so the fans would blame the club 00000042.gif

wonder what he's on at boro now then?

wonder what he's on at boro now then?

Id guess around 28 basic

"That means it goes up and down, day by the day according to our requirements. Our only obligation is to reduce that line of credit by pound(s)1m a year. There is not a whole lot of incentive, in all honesty, to reduce the debt." - Alistair Johnston (17th Feb 2010)

"There is no schedule to bring the debt down by a million a year. The bank wants its money back and has simply set us parameters which, although tight, have not handcuffed us." - Martin Bain (22nd July 2010)

So the agreed debt re-payment schedule we were told of before was just a complete fabrication then?

"That means it goes up and down, day by the day according to our requirements. Our only obligation is to reduce that line of credit by pound(s)1m a year. There is not a whole lot of incentive, in all honesty, to reduce the debt." - Alistair Johnston (17th Feb 2010)

"There is no schedule to bring the debt down by a million a year. The bank wants its money back and has simply set us parameters which, although tight, have not handcuffed us." - Martin Bain (22nd July 2010)

So the agreed debt re-payment schedule we were told of before was just a complete fabrication then?

No mate at the time it was the agreed deal with it being reviewed yearly i think! Ask one of the others like Frankie, caseyjones, Boss etc they will no more

"We know what is required. In fact, he phoned me from Bangkok earlier today during the stop-over on the flight to Australia and made me laugh.

He said the only reason he was phoning was to ask if I had sold another player yet! I said no but I told him to check back in once he landed in Sydney!"

Yeah, I was pishing myself at that one too I must say. :angry:

As long as we can get a good RB/CB, LM/Winger and Striker in we will be fine. It'll give us 16 professional players in the squad + the youth this is coming through which is quite frankly up to the task against the bottom half of the SPL.

No mate at the time it was the agreed deal with it being reviewed yearly i think! Ask one of the others like Frankie, caseyjones, Boss etc they will no more

I'm flattered to be included in that company, but it is not deserved. I know fuck all, other than what I read and piece together in my own paranoid mind. :lol:

My understanding of it is that it is being reviewed on a yearly basis, as you stated. (tu)

I'm flattered to be included in that company, but it is not deserved. I know fuck all, other than what I read and piece together in my own paranoid mind. laugh.gif

My understanding of it is that it is being reviewed on a yearly basis, as you stated. 00000042.gif

I meant to put general cartmen lee and put you, i cnat get you out of my mind 10310.gif

As long as Bain is truthful with those answers and we are doing the best we possibly can as a club to work to the best of our ability within the budget to get the right kind of players,I don't believe we can ask for anything more.

Anybody who still whinges about us not signing players who want more than we can afford to pay them, is not living in the real world as far as I'm concerned.

Good read. :pipe:

I'm flattered to be included in that company, but it is not deserved. I know fuck all, other than what I read and piece together in my own paranoid mind. laugh.gif

My understanding of it is that it is being reviewed on a yearly basis, as you stated. 00000042.gif

I meant to put general cartmen lee and put you, i cnat get you out of my mind 10310.gif

Cheers. I was feeling appreciated, and now you say that you confused me with Token!

What a kick in the fucking teeth that is!

As long as Bain is truthful with those answers and we are doing the best we possibly can as a club to work to the best of our ability within the budget to get the right kind of players,I don't believe we can ask for anything more.

Anybody who still whinges about us not signing players who want more than we can afford to pay them, is not living in the real world as far as I'm concerned.

Good read. :pipe:

Probably the same folk who give SDM pelters for doing just that.