Antivirus Programmes.

JimmyCR1

Just bought a new laptop, i have a few moths of Mcafee antivirus free. Before when I had my old laptop I never used an antivirus, what does everyone use? Just dont want this one messing up like the last through a virus. Cheers.

Who's your Internet provider ???

Virgin Media have quite a good security software download for free or you can upgrade at a cost !!!

You have to be a Virginmedia customer to get that. As you need to login to VM page to download it. AVG is a good anti-virus program. I personally use Comodo but dont really recommend it for anyone who is novice on computer as it will constantly prompt you to allow and block things and some people just decide to block things which in fact you should allow.

The best of the free ones IMO is defo Microsoft Security Essentials.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has any thoughts?

I'm planning to ditch McAfee next month when the subscription runs out as it's let a good few through the net that the free programmes have then found. Plus, if you do end up with a virus, McAfee charge you about 50 quid to remove it.

Don't mind paying for a subscription, just want it to be good. Heard some good stuff about BitDefender and Kaspersky but open to suggestions

I would go with kasperky or eset nod32.

Although I just have avg free on my machins at home.

Nod32 (tu) but only if you know what you are doing .. i don't, thats why i went with Norton 360.