Should 'kids' have got a start at all in Australia or more than half an hour?

Boab

That goal was coming for AEK, Walter inability to freshen things up is concerning. Does he not trust the younger players to come in a do a job in a friendly?

Walter Smith doesnt trust any of the youngsters, it really is disappointing. A meaningless game yet he's shitting himself to put on some young boys who, if there is injuries, will be absolutely vital to our season.

when he col

But no, lets stick with McCulloch and Naismith Etc when they are always absolutely SHITE, But hey they've got experience.

Sums it up but not just that, starting the youngsters and have the team have a blend is surely than Andrew Little coming on with ten minutes to go when he could have an experienced hand like Davis, Weir (depending on where AL starts) for at least an hour?

This is decent opposition, will it be our best team again vs Newcastle (though tbh it should be, when the youngsters - hte lke of Wyylde, McMillan, Perry,Fleck, Ness - IMO should have played more of a part in OZ) and then some of the younger lads play in Ireland and in Broadwood and in Northern Ireland?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bla Bla Bla. Soon as we concede a goal " Oh. The kids should have got a game " .. Fuck them, id rather my best 11 started 3 games in 7 days. They are going to need to be able to handle 45+ games with the size of our squad. 2 weeks til the season starts? Best 11 thank you. :wink:

Bla bla bla bla, It's Walter Smith, ffs!

The man that has brought succes back to our club. Yes we can all judge him and say he should be playing youth, but he knows what hes doing. I Agree the youth should be getting playing time as its only pre season, but the first team should be his main priority with the squad we have.

Bla Bla Bla. Soon as we concede a goal " Oh. The kids should have got a game " .. Fuck them, id rather my best 11 started 3 games in 7 days. They are going to need to be able to handle 45+ games with the size of our squad. 2 weeks til the season starts? Best 11 thank you. :wink:

<cr>

that wasnt our best 11

The options are there to freshen things up... Just he doesn't trust the younger players even in a meaningless friendly, and that is concerning for our season a head.

Definitely agree, Wylde would have been the perfect replacement for Lafferty, he would have got a good hour under his belt, but instead he put Fleck, who isnt really a left winger, out there because he is capable but also because he is that bit more experienced than the likes of Wylde... Fleck and Little have gained that experience from the last season or two that means they will likely be the kind of replacements similar to what Novo was last year, you know, the game is dieing 75th minute kind of sub or the we are chasing a late goal sub. Walter just wont take that risk but theres still a good few games in pre season to go so heres hoping...

Hope FE doesn't mind posting this but it was a cracking post.

This guy knows it :praise:

We have a small squad that probably will be added to, but the youngsters will be needed during the season. They deserve some first team experience before then. With Europe , the SPL, injuries, suspensions etc., we need to blood the youngsters in parts of games. Preseason results mean nothing. Even if they only get 15 minutes it is something.

What did they learn now in Australia? Nothing much that I can see.

That's an interesting comment about young players in your team. Pre-season, imo, is about everyone getting some gametime, not just the first eleven.

We have a small squad that probably will be added to, but the youngsters will be needed during the season. They deserve some first team experience before then. With Europe , the SPL, injuries, suspensions etc., we need to blood the youngsters in parts of games. Preseason results mean nothing. Even if they only get 15 minutes it is something.

we learned nothing new, the players learned how to surf

shame for the kids, real shame

The younger players need experience, and need integrated in a no pressure environment to set them up for the season ahead. Walter struggles in this department.

Now it spells out that he doesn't trust there ability, and that will have a knock on affect. Today was a perfect opportunity to bring in a few and experiment after HT.

<cr>

that wasnt our best 11

Oh it wasn't? My bad. We were missing who? Papac? :rolleyes:

The younger players need experience and need integrated in a no pressure environment, to set them up for the season ahead. Walter struggles in this department.

Now it spells out that he doesn't trust there ability, and that will have a knock on affect. Today was a perfect opportunity to bring in a few and experiment after HT.

Maybe he doesn't trust their ability because they are simply not good enough to make a difference in our quest for Title Number 54. :wink:

<cr>

that wasnt our best 11

Oh it wasn't? My bad. Our best 10 minus Papac ... :rolleyes:

aside for a right footer at left back, are you........

happy with mcculloch lost in midfield?

happy with 1 up front with no service and injured?

happy with 2 strikers on flanks?

:anguish:

They are just along for the ride. They learned how to surf (tu)

<cr>

that wasnt our best 11

Erm. Im ecstatic! ... Its still our Best 11, im not talking about formation but in terms of personnel its the best we have.

The younger players need experience and need integrated in a no pressure environment, to set them up for the season ahead. Walter struggles in this department.

Maybe he doesn't trust their ability because they are simply not good enough to make a difference in our quest for Title Number 54. :wink:

If he doesn't trust them, and that looks to be the case... We will struggle it's as simple as that.

<cr>

that wasnt our best 11

Erm. Im ecstatic! ... Its still our Best 11, im not talking about formation but in terms of personnel its the best we have.

i would argue its not

webster for weir

wylde for lafferty

edu and davis in centre

lafferty up front with miller

mcculloch dropped

whittaker and broadfoot swapped round

its all opinions of course

:wink:

We should all know that Walter has never believed in home grown youth.We read from him last season and now this pre season how we would have to rely on youth. We all know that he will shoehorn a senior player into a foreign position or get some cheap journeymen from some spl or lower league team at the last minute.

Preseason friendlys are a perfect opportunity for the young lads to get some game time and so far this season they havent had much last season was non existant. I thought Wylde would have got a chance with Papac being injured and i thought Shinnie would have got a chance on the right of Midfield.

I was also expedting Fleck to get a few starts

With such a small squad, I can see why Smith ensured the first team got plenty of match practice so we can pick up as many points as possible during the early part of the season when there is not as many games. We need our best players to be ready for the start of the season so the tournament was good for that reason. Our likely starters got three good games under their belt. I would have liked to have seen Wylde, McMillan and Ness get more game time but the players that did play performed well and we were slightly unfortunate to lose today.

Preseason friendlys are a perfect opportunity for the young lads to get some game time and so far this season they havent had much last season was non existant. I thought Wylde would have got a chance with Papac being injured and i thought Shinnie would have got a chance on the right of Midfield.

I was also expedting Fleck to get a few starts

Under any other manager they would have done :anguish:

Yet in the short period of time they did get they appeared confident and in no way looked out their depth.

All they need is a manager who believes in them.

<cr>

that wasnt our best 11

i would argue its not

webster for weir

wylde for lafferty

edu and davis in centre

lafferty up front with miller

mcculloch dropped

whittaker and broadfoot swapped round

its all opinions of course

:wink:

wylde for lafferty???? You have seen much of this Wylde guy? and Whittaker is on top form at the moment, getting forward and putting in some quality deliverys, just look at that game there and his delivery against Celtic in the last OF AND he scored a handful of goals last season and you want to switch him to the left? ha fs