Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

hes no kris boyd but would still add somthing extra to our team.

whats his record like.

Thank fuck. I don't want a fat lazy gready bastard.

Think he grabbed 9 goals in Europe last season. Boyd scored a great pen and wouldnt run fat lazy bazza. Jelavic will be outsanding in the Spl.

[quote name='warden90' date='03 August

Hope we get him.

If Welcome impresses, should we sign them both?

==============================================================

I like that idea. Welcome sounds like a big bustler of a player. Charging into defenders and generally causing disruption and panic while Jelavic and Miller/Lafferty(?)

sniff for the chances.

It sounds good on paper anyway.

Dado Prso wants Rangers to land Croatian countryman Nikica Jelavic – as he is custom-made for the SPL. The former fans’ hero knows all about Walter Smith’s pursuit of the Rapid Vienna frontman, who has pleaded with his club to sell him to the Ibrox side.

"I think he would be a very good signing for Rangers because he is a very good player," Prso said. "He is a powerful player and a strong player, he is not afraid to challenge defenders when the ball is in the air.

"He has a good mentality and you have to be like that to perform well and be success-ful in Scottish football."

Rangers are believed to have offered £2million – with a further £1m in add-ons – for the 24-year-old but that has been rejected by Rapid. However, they are set to increase that bid to have a final go at landing the hitman.

And Jelavic has made it clear that he wants to follow in Prso’s footsteps and play in Scotland. He said: "I was informed about Rangers’ interest in me and I really want to go. Rapid are a great side and I have enjoyed my time here, but I have paid them back well with goals and I deserve the chance to go.

"It has always been my dream to play in Britain and Rangers are a big club with tradition. I would love to play there."

Jelavic will lead the Rapid attack at home in a Europa League qualifier tomorrow against Bulgarian side Beroe.

If Rapid lose the tie, poised at 1-1 from the first leg, Jelavic could still play for Gers in the Champions League group stages.

If the Austrians win, and also triumph in the final knockout round where they won’t be seeded, he would be cup-tied for the Champions League, but it appears Rangers are pressing on regardless with the deal.

Meantime, Georgie Welcome today began his trial with the champions – and claimed he is capable of being a 25 goals-a-season striker.

The 25-year-old Honduran will seal a £500,000 switch from Motagua if he impresses.

Welcome said: "I have other options, but all I want to do is come here and score goals."

Rangers have also been linked with possible loan deals for Manchester United kids Joshua King and Rodrigo Possebon after scout Sandy Jardine watched them play against St Johnstone last weekend.

And they are expected to sign 18-year-old Norwegian defender Krister Wemberg after he impressed during a trial period.

Does this mean the end for Lafferty then if we do sign Jelavic....just a thought.

I don't think so, Lafferty will probably be played out wide again if we're playing a 4-4-2, but I would like to see more of a 4-3-3 with Miller, Jelavic and Lafferty playing up top, especially against most opposition in the SPL. Even possible a 4-1-2-3 formation?

We were getting linked with another left back recently, post somewhere in here can't remember his name, but he likes to push forward on the left it could have us with a back four of:

Whittaker, Bougherra (if still here) Weir (new left back)

have McCulloch as a holding cover in front of the defence as both Whittaker (and Boughie) and the guy I was thinking about like to push forward. In front of McCulloch you then have Edu and Davis playing as a central attacking midfield duo and up front Lafferty, Miller and Jelavic.

Does this mean the end for Lafferty then if we do sign Jelavic....just a thought.

I don't think so, Lafferty will probably be played out wide again if we're playing a 4-4-2, but I would like to see more of a 4-3-3 with Miller, Jelavic and Lafferty playing up top, especially against most opposition in the SPL. Even possible a 4-1-2-3 formation?

We were getting linked with another left back recently, post somewhere in here can't remember his name, but he likes to push forward on the left it could have us with a back four of:

have McCulloch as a holding cover in front of the defence as both Whittaker (and Boughie) and the guy I was thinking about like to push forward. In front of McCulloch you then have Edu and Davis playing as a central attacking midfield duo and up front Lafferty, Miller and Jelavic.

Cristian Pulhac is the left back we were linked with (tu)

Cristian Pulhac

I agree withthe 4-3-3 thing. The players we've been linked with since Eaglesgate would suggest Walt is planning that

So as it stands we are interested in Jelavic and he has said that he wants to join us but as of yet we have been unable to agree a fee with Rapid Vienna. If they are really looking for £3m+ then I doubt we will pay that and tbh I woukdn't want us to pay that amount either for one player.

If he plays tonight then I would imagine it will make it harder for us to sign him but if he is left out or left on the bench then it will give a good indication of things moving in the right direction.

i made a really poorly photoshopped pic of jelavic scoring against them and hes gt our jersey lol but i cant upload it. how did i upload pics from my pc?

When you post click on the Browse button below, find the pic and then click on Attach this File, hopefully it will work!

post-261-128083606833_thumb.jpg

That would be an excellent formation, if we signed those players

Rapid Vienna can only hold out for £3m+ for so long. They have a player who wants to leave, a club who has made a bid for him and a player who can leave for nothing in 12 months time. It makes sense to sell him now.

I would rather we keep the bid we have for him than pay over £3m and pay too much for a player in the final year of his contract.

i made a really poorly photoshopped pic of jelavic scoring against them and hes gt our jersey lol but i cant upload it. how did i upload pics from my pc?

When you post click on the Browse button below, find the pic and then click on Attach this File, hopefully it will work!

sorry mate i cant do it im just having one of those days