Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

this is looking good, whats the chance of this deal be done by the end of the week? then we might see him against newcastle on sat (tu) hope so anyways

No sure about that.

I don't think it's out of the question. Once the ball gets rolling, it could be done fairly quickly

Seeing him lineup against Newcastle would be a big boost to the fans

I thik we should take him on loan for the season, then sign him for fuck all next summer. (tu)

:lol:

Well apparently thims are close to agreeing a loan deal for Benalouane who is in the last year of his contract so they get him for free next season. Some these foreign teams are so fuckin stupid. (im thalkin bouth the ihrish)

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today

Rangers target Nikica Jelavic last night begged Rapid Vienna to let him join the SPL champs.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith has already had an offer of £2million plus add-ons rejected by Rapid Vienna for the Croat hitman.

Jelavic, 24, has now told Rapid he wants to quit Austria for Ibrox and Gers will this week put together a new deal which could eventually rise to £3.5m.

Jelavic said: "I was informed about Rangers' interest in me and I really want to go.

"Rapid are a great side and I have enjoyed my time here but I have paid them back well with goals and I deserve the chance to go. It has always been my dream to play in Britain and Rangers are a big club with tradition. I would love to play there."

Gers chief executive Martin Bain has been locked in talks with Rapid for over a week.

They have so far rejected all bids for the striker, who scored at Celtic Park in last season's Europa League. Jelavic will lead the Rapid attack in a Europa League qualifier tomorrow.

If Rapid lose the tie Jelavic could still play for Gers in the Champions League.

If the Austrians win, and also win in the knockout round, he'll be cup-tied for the Champions League.

Gers could gamble on Rapid losing in the knockout round, where they WON'T be seeded, but it's understood the SPL champs feel they can't wait to see if Rapid progress to the group phase.

Boss Smith is determined Jelavic will lead the Gers attack in the Champions League and could increase the bid to £3.5m to secure his signature.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3079210/Let-me-sign-for-Gers.html#ixzz0vUb7bYT6

I'm sure I posted something very similar yesterday :sherlock:

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today

Rangers target Nikica Jelavic last night begged Rapid Vienna to let him join the SPL champs.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith has already had an offer of £2million plus add-ons rejected by Rapid Vienna for the Croat hitman.

Jelavic, 24, has now told Rapid he wants to quit Austria for Ibrox and Gers will this week put together a new deal which could eventually rise to £3.5m.

Jelavic said: "I was informed about Rangers' interest in me and I really want to go.

"Rapid are a great side and I have enjoyed my time here but I have paid them back well with goals and I deserve the chance to go. It has always been my dream to play in Britain and Rangers are a big club with tradition. I would love to play there."

Gers chief executive Martin Bain has been locked in talks with Rapid for over a week.

They have so far rejected all bids for the striker, who scored at Celtic Park in last season's Europa League. Jelavic will lead the Rapid attack in a Europa League qualifier tomorrow.

If Rapid lose the tie Jelavic could still play for Gers in the Champions League.

If the Austrians win, and also win in the knockout round, he'll be cup-tied for the Champions League.

Gers could gamble on Rapid losing in the knockout round, where they WON'T be seeded, but it's understood the SPL champs feel they can't wait to see if Rapid progress to the group phase.

Boss Smith is determined Jelavic will lead the Gers attack in the Champions League and could increase the bid to £3.5m to secure his signature.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3079210/Let-me-sign-for-Gers.html#ixzz0vUb7bYT6

I'm sure I posted something very similar yesterday :sherlock:

:peanut:

where r u geting the tims are close to a loan deal for the french guy? Hes a rangers player if he comes to scotland

Agree with you mate, no club will do a loan deal when they know they can get some sort of a fee, anyway I believe Benaloune will end up joining Newcastle.

For the avoidance of doubt i will say that it appears we are far more serious about trying to sign Jelavic than we were with Eagles.

I notice it's all gone very quiet on the South African boys we were chasing so my assumption is that Smith is working towards one major signing and that is it.

I doubt we have the finances to complete the Jelavic deal IF Rapid Vienna stick to their guns and do not lower the fee.

Since yesterday we now have direct quotes from the player indicating a preference to move which we all know helps the buying club enormously.

I want to be more positive and i want to believe Bain,Smith,Johnston and Murray (HA HA)but the track record of lies and misinformation makes it difficult to trust anything they say even when it is genuine.

And the biggest obstacle being overlooked by so many with the blue tinted glasses on is the role of a certain Donald Muir and Lloyds Bank.

I have said this before and I will say it again, I will wait till the end of the transfer window before I make any judgment on any signings.

As for Eagles, it was his greed which prevented a possible transfer and as far as I'm concerned the Club are right in sticking to their guns regarding wages.

I did also say that if and when we made any signings it wouldn't be until the filth were out the CL and we were in the final couple of weeks of the window.

Not that the extra money would go to Walter anyway but the bank are obviously waiting until this becomes a certainty before officially sanctioning the expenditure on new players.

And by looking on the pessimistic side i don't get my hopes dashed when we don't make the signings we all thought would happen.

The upside is that if we do i am happy and take a bit of banter as a result.

Il be glad to say that they will have a VERY hard task in reaching the Group stages so Jelavic should be ok for us in Champions League.

These are the list of teams entering at the play-off stage:

Man City (ENG)

Aston Villa (ENG)

Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS)

CSKA Moscow (RUS)

Villarreal (SPA)

Getafe (SPA)

Palermo (ITA)

Napoli (ITA)

B. Leverkusen (GER)

B. Dortmund (GER)

PSG (FRA)

Lille (FRA)

PSV (HOL)

Feyenoord (HOL)

S. Bucharest (ROM)

Porto (POR)

Trabzonspor (TUR)

T. Simferopol (UKR)

M. Kharkiv (UKR)

AEK Athens (GRE)

Grasshoppers (SWI)

Dundee Utd (SCO)

Club Brugge (BEL)

These are the teams that are in the current qualifying round who are favourites to get to the Play-Off round:

Liverpool (ENG)

Sporting Lisbon (POR)

Juventus (ITA)

Stuttgart (GER)

Montpellier (FRA)

Galatasaray (TUR)

AZ Alkmaar (HOL)

Red Star Belgrade (SLO)

Maccabi Haifa (ISR)

Sturm Graz (AUS)

IFK Gothenburg (SWE)

So like I said with all these teams most likely in the hat. They will do very well to get to the group stages. Plus they are unseeded so they will get a seeded team. I.E a team entering at the Play-Off round. Sp they will be drawn against a team in the top list.

(Fingers Crossed) Man City (tu)

I have said this before and I will say it again, I will wait till the end of the transfer window before I make any judgment on any signings.

As for Eagles, it was his greed which prevented a possible transfer and as far as I'm concerned the Club are right in sticking to their guns regarding wages.

Good advice to these people who get way ahead of themselfs.

Dundee Utd ahead of Liverpool, Sporting, Juventus and Stuutgart... :lol:

i no sounds fcukin stupid but its because they won the scottish cup so they enter the tournament at a higher stage than teams who finish in a europa league position in their domestic leagues. the only team who dont have to qualify is Atletico Madrid as they are the holders.

The only problem is though that after every transfer window of late the events we speak about have happened and were forecast to happen.

To date nothing has changed to make me and many others think this window will be any different.

The other side to this is that the so called budget was negotiated not long after we won the league.

We allegedly have a scouting system in place so players would have been identified well before now as being within budget or good enough to play for us.

So if jelavic was a target all along you would like to think that a deal could have been brokered long before now regardless of how stubborn Rapid appear to be.

Look back these last few years when we did sign players and you will see that the vast majority of signings were made in the last week or so of the windows and i see nothing to convince me that this year will be any different.

The only problem is though that after every transfer window of late the events we speak about have happened and were forecast to happen.

To date nothing has changed to make me and many others think this window will be any different.

The other side to this is that the so called budget was negotiated not long after we won the league.

We allegedly have a scouting system in place so players would have been identified well before now as being within budget or good enough to play for us.

So if jelavic was a target all along you would like to think that a deal could have been brokered long before now regardless of how stubborn Rapid appear to be.

Look back these last few years when we did sign players and you will see that the vast majority of signings were made in the last week or so of the windows and i see nothing to convince me that this year will be any different.

It's why I'm waiting till the end of the transfer window :D