Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Maybe he's meaning he won't be starting the match? He's definitely in their squad.

well theres Olic, Petric, Mandzukic and Eduardo also there...

Thinking exactly the same earlier mate, is Klasnic (sp?) still in the squad? I had him in the place of Manduzukic when I was thinking about this.

According to FF lads he has pulled out the squad <cr> Didn't say why tho (tu)

Why?

Its because he'll be boarding the next plane to Glasgow, baby :happy:

I hope

6 Aug 2010

Rangers are still hopeful of landing Croatian striker Nikica Jelavic.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain returned from his trip to Austria empty-handed after failing to secure a deal for the 24-year-old.

But he will continue discussions with Rapid Vienna today and over the weekend in an attempt to deliver manager Walter Smith his first summer signing.

The SPL champions have tabled a bid of £3.5million for the 6ft 2in forward after Smith identified the powerful frontman as his No.1 signing target.

That bid has been rejected as Bain was informed by Rapid officials they weren’t overly keen to do business with a Europa League fourth-round qualifying tie taking place this month.

The player has informed Rapid he will be unhappy if they refuse to sell him to Rangers and now Rapid are having to weigh up the implications.

Bain said: “We held talks and discussions are ongoing.”

Jelavic will join the Croatia squad on Sunday for a friendly in Slovakia and he would like his future sorted out as quickly as possible.

Rangers are willing to shell out most of their transfer budget on him and have also offered to pay him £15,000-a-week as they attempt to fill the void left by Kris Boyd’s departure.

Honduran striker Georgie Welcome, who would cost £500,000, is on trial at Murray Park, but is unlikely to be offered a contract.

Smith is an admirer of Jelavic and believes he will provide the team with a goalscorer.

Rapid are determined to bank as much as possible for the player as his former club, Belgian side Zulte Waregem, are entitled to a sell-on fee.

“I would prefer if Jelavic was still playing for us in the group stages of the Europa League and scoring goals,” said Rapid general manager Werner Kuhn. “We could then sell him for a spectacular fee in January.”

Jelavic has made it clear he is ready to leave now and Rangers hope he will be the first of three new arrivals.

Smith wants to see what he has left to play with in terms of wages he can offer players before he turns his attention to various loan stars.

The Ibrox boss is considering a couple of options for wide positions, but his priority is to land Jelavic.

When did he pull out <cr>

Don't think that Croatian website Ryan posted has the correct squad.

Croatia coach Slaven Bilić today, named the following 20-man squad for an away friendly at Slovakia in Bratislava on August 11th. This will be Croatia's last test before European qualifiers at Latvia on September 3rd and at home to Greece September 7th.

Croatia:

Goalkeepers:

Vedran Runje (RC Lens), Danijel Subašić (Hajduk Split)

Defenders:

Josip Šimunić (Hoffenheim), Jurica Buljat (Hajduk), Ivan Strinić (Hajduk), Vedran Ćorluka(Tottenham), Gordon Schindelfeld(SK Sturm Graz)

Midfielders:

Darijo Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk), Ognjen Vukojević (Dynamo Kiev), Tomislav Dujmović (Lokomotiv), Danijel Pranjić (Bayern Munich), Luka Modrić (Tottenham), Drago Gabrić (Trabzonspor), Niko Kranjčar(Tottenham), Ivan Rakitić (FC Schalke 04)

Forwards::

Ivica Olić (Bayern Munich), Mladen Petrić (Hamburg), Mario Mandžukić (Vfl Wolfsburg), Eduardo Da Silva (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Nikica Jelavić (Rapid).

http://www.croatiansoccerreport.com/2010/07/bilic-names-squad-to-face-slovakia.html

A few familiar faces will not be with the senior team for the final friendly before two important qualifiers in September. Ivica Križanac has officially retired from the Croatian national side while Dejan Lovren, Ivan Perišić, Domagoj Vida and Nikola Kalinić will all remain on duty with the U-21 side facing Norway on the same day. Mate Bilić, Stipe Pletikosa, Hrvoje Čale, Dario Knežević, and Nikola Pokrivač all missed the cut. 25 year old former Dinamo Zagreb defender, Gordon Schildenfeld will be looking for his fourth cap against Slovakia.

The Croatian FA site had some of those players listed who all missed the cut.

Walter Smith has said he wanted to hear from Rapid Vienna early this week and with us agreeing a fee then they have been true to their word.

Up to Jelavic now. Can he agree personal terms? Time will tell.

Just read further down the page, that a few of the Croatian players (not including Jelavic) have been left out due to transfer negotiations. Surely if something was happening Jelavic would have been left out?

Don't think that Croatian website Ryan posted has the correct squad.

Croatia coach Slaven Bilić today, named the following 20-man squad for an away friendly at Slovakia in Bratislava on August 11th. This will be Croatia's last test before European qualifiers at Latvia on September 3rd and at home to Greece September 7th.

Croatia:

Goalkeepers:

Vedran Runje (RC Lens), Danijel Subašić (Hajduk Split)

Defenders:

Josip Šimunić (Hoffenheim), Jurica Buljat (Hajduk), Ivan Strinić (Hajduk), Vedran Ćorluka(Tottenham), Gordon Schindelfeld(SK Sturm Graz)

Midfielders:

Darijo Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk), Ognjen Vukojević (Dynamo Kiev), Tomislav Dujmović (Lokomotiv), Danijel Pranjić (Bayern Munich), Luka Modrić (Tottenham), Drago Gabrić (Trabzonspor), Niko Kranjčar(Tottenham), Ivan Rakitić (FC Schalke 04)

Forwards::

Ivica Olić (Bayern Munich), Mladen Petrić (Hamburg), Mario Mandžukić (Vfl Wolfsburg), Eduardo Da Silva (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Nikica Jelavić (Rangers).

http://www.croatiansoccerreport.com/2010/07/bilic-names-squad-to-face-slovakia.html

(tu) sorted

Just read further down the page, that a few of the Croatian players (not including Jelavic) have been left out due to transfer negotiations. Surely if something was happening Jelavic would have been left out?

Why? it has nothing to do with the national side, so why would he be left out?

Why? it has nothing to do with the national side, so why would he be left out?

Aye Agree bollox of the highest order.

When did he pull out <cr>

Hopefully before the point of no return, or else she's pregnant!

:lol:

Tell you what.. This thread just gets better. As I posted earlier, this thread has everything -- or so I thought. It does now!

I think I have got an allergic reaction from a wasp sting earlier so if I am not logged on tomorrow to get my daily Jelavic gossip I will have died (tu)

We will revive you mate.

Or... I'll print this entire thread and put it into your coffin. :praise: