***The Official Champions v Newcastle United Thread***

Muff

From a Newcastle fans point of view, I thought it was a decent friendly and Rangers gave us a good test. We looked good in midfield but very poor in defence wheras Rangers defended very well. Walter Smith knows how to organize and set a team out even for a friendly. Id also be delighted if we could sign your keeper McGregor as im not a Harper fan and I think McGregor could easily do himself justice in the Premiership.

Biggest thing that pissed me off today was our balls into the box. Carroll as somebody mentioned is a beast in the air yet almost every cross went straight to the head of the first Gers defender in the box. Ameobi added a bit more to our attack in the second half. Also thought your second should have been flagged for offside from where I was. Was impressed by McGregor, Boughera, Miller and Whittaker for Rangers.

Thought our fans were in great voice today and 5000 for a friendly live on the TV at 1pm was a good turnout.

Good luck for the season ahead and I hope you keep the title from that shower across the city.

Offer us £60m and we'll talk

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a Newcastle fans point of view, I thought it was a decent friendly and Rangers gave us a good test. We looked good in midfield but very poor in defence wheras Rangers defended very well. Walter Smith knows how to organize and set a team out even for a friendly. Id also be delighted if we could sign your keeper McGregor as im not a Harper fan and I think McGregor could easily do himself justice in the Premiership.

Biggest thing that pissed me off today was our balls into the box. Carroll as somebody mentioned is a beast in the air yet almost every cross went straight to the head of the first Gers defender in the box. Ameobi added a bit more to our attack in the second half. Also thought your second should have been flagged for offside from where I was. Was impressed by McGregor, Boughera, Miller and Whittaker for Rangers.

Thought our fans were in great voice today and 5000 for a friendly live on the TV at 1pm was a good turnout.

Good luck for the season ahead and I hope you keep the title from that shower across the city.

Good luck for the season (tu)

Lafferty was offside but never went for the ball, Naismith was a good few yards onside.

Was in the copland rear today for this. Atmosphere in the first half was quite good although it died down second half.

I actually thought papac was decent today. Made a wonderful tackle to stop routledge I think coming in and scoring.

Result, game time, decent performance. Bring on the season.

Is that for the whole squad?? You can keep Kyle Lafferty though!!

lafferty wouldn't go to yous anyway.

it would be a big step down.

Your attempt at humour was nearly as funny as Kyle Lafferty. Im afraid he's at his level playing with the big fish in a very, very small pond.

Your attempt at humour was nearly as funny as Kyle Lafferty. Im afraid he's at his level playing with the big fish in a very, very small pond.

For once I agree with a Newcastle fan. :pipe:

wasn't trying too be funny (tu)

think you've been listening far to much too the media regarding how great the epl is,if you think the spl is a 'small pond'

not that u should care anyway because newcastle will be back in the championship next year.

or the 'puddle' if were still talking about water that is (tu)

For once I agree with a Newcastle fan. :pipe:

maybe you and him could go too a few newcastle games this season :wink:

I'd rather have Kyle Lafferty than Shola Ameobi!

Hahaha i agree with this one.

I Have faith kyle will come good, as will Wylde anf Fleck this year. Pre season has seemed positive so far and also for the youths being undefeated so far IIRC ?.

Don't you dare diss Kyle Lafferty

:5536:

Glad the young boys got a run out today, Edu was a couple of yards short but digging in none the less, Bougherra was superb, was impressed with his performance. Miller needs to make more darting runs, was in the Govan Rear and seen many a time he could of been around the back of the two Newcastle central defenders.

Thought the Newcastle fans we're brand new today, a really friendly loud bunch. :lol: