Who would you sell if we had to...?

cooper1989

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sell if we had to

• Madjid Bougherra
    • Steve Davis

None. We don't need to sell any. Only sell one if we risk losing them for nothing due to our wage structure.

i cant see our wage bill being a problem for us any time soon seeing as we have cut our bill by around 12m to 15m in the last 3 years

(tu)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant see our wage bill being a problem for us any time soon seeing as we have cut our bill by around 12m to 15m in the last 3 years

(tu)

I agree but you know what footballers are like these days. Davis doesn't strike me as type of player who would leave us in the shit by refusing to sign a new deal and then going for free, I have the feeling he would tell us sraight whether he wants to go or stay. Whereas Bougherra, I'm not too sure about him. I guess we'll need to wait and see when we offer both players new contracts (tu)

refuse to vote coz we dont have to sell anyone, but i would sell if i could -

Broadfoot

Velicka

Weir

McCulloch

Papac

mcgregor, bougherra and davis are too important

2 fingers to the ones who want boughy either to go :disappointment:

it was only a question,no need to spit the dummy and say ur no voting (tu)

i would defo say bougherra.

I agree but you know what footballers are like these days. Davis doesn't strike me as type of player who would leave us in the shit by refusing to sign a new deal and then going for free, I have the feeling he would tell us sraight whether he wants to go or stay. Whereas Bougherra, I'm not too sure about him. I guess we'll need to wait and see when we offer both players new contracts (tu)

im sure both will sign new deals, if they are offered them

;)

To get more people to vote in the thread I reckon your poll should have been:

Who is more important to the team:

Bougherra:

Davis:

Basically the same thing as saying who would you sell but at least people won't feel offended at the fact your suggesting to sell either of our best players.

what if the question was pick davis or boughy and you'll get 10k?

again hypothetical (tu)

:craphead:

i would rather keep my players thanks

:sherlock:

no seriously, i cant pick, davis may fetch more money, but the way we accept offers it probably wouldnt matter

:(

(tu)

It's not about who you sell, it's about who you replace them with.

Chances are we could cope with the loss of Bougherra(just like we did with Boumsong and Cuellar), so if we had to sell one, it would be Boguherra for me.

I don't want either to leave and hope we can get in the players required with the money we've got.

This. Poll was who would you sell if we had to, should have put a third option for neither or other. Bougys pace is vital at times when Weir is caught out.

You wanted to know who we felt should be sold if Gers had to sell one player, so you shouldn't have put neither or other. In a survey or poll anytime you give people the opportunity to pick neither many of those polled will choose neither or other.

To who ?.

I'd offer Lafferty to the likes of; Blackpool, Wolves, Ipswich, Swansea, QPR, Southampton...

Andrius Velicka; Bristol City, Barnsley, Charlton, FK Atlantas, Alytis, BATE Borisov...

Bougherra, but only because he has his heart set on leaving soon anyway, whereas Davis is more commited. I wouldn't say Davis is more important to the performance of our team though.

Obviously we don't want to lose either though, as many people have said, so we should be doing everything possible to keep both players at the club.

If we lose Davis or Bougherra to raise funds when there has been interest in McCulloch and Lafferty, then that will not go down well.