Panic buying...

wansheet

when the transfer window opened we were told not to worry and that there would be player's in before the season was under way,i cant help but think we are starting to act somewhat rash as the window nears a close.I myself would rather we kept what money we have until the summer winter window opens than blow it at the last minute.

I would rather Walter bought what we needed just now so we've got a big enough squad to compete when we get injuries etc and then when we win the league we will have the only Champions League place available n then hopefully we get money to strengthen again come that point if we need to.

Just my opinion ofcourse :D

Cant really call 12 days left of Transfer window panic buying.... every player were linked with we've been linked with the past few weeks anyway..

and as for Jelavic... their chairman won't sell till after Villa games are out the way as they can't replace him by the 1st leg of the game so we should use the money we were spending on him to sign 1 or 2 players who can do a job that won't be cup tied for Champions League, preferably some cover for defence

i cant help but think we are starting to act somewhat rash as the window nears a close.

One signing and a couple of boys on trial?!

I'd hate to see us being laid-back about the situation.

Why do you believe this?

Typical Cash strapped company/club style trying not to show their hand titter tatting and ending up messing people around too much only to offer what they were asking for in the first place a month down the line and giving Rapid no time to find a replacement. Bain would have been out looking to show that he was no push over trying to control negotiations when its backfired and left then in control with a transfer thats been alerted to any other teams who may have been watching on in distance. You watch a Bolton or Fulham will come in at £4m and the guy will never look back...

Panic buying? We have signed one player and the only other one that appears to be close we have been chasing for a long time. Speculation nearer the end of the transfer window is always going to occur, the fact we had four players on trial indicates we are not rushing into any signings.

Typical Cash strapped company/club style trying not to show their hand titter tatting and ending up messing people around too much only to offer what they were asking for in the first place a month down the line and giving Rapid no time to find a replacement. Bain would have been out looking to show that he was no push over trying to control negotiations when its backfired and left then in control with a transfer thats been alerted to any other teams who may have been watching on in distance. You watch a Bolton or Fulham will come in at £4m and the guy will never look back...

he is above criticism on here, didnt ye know?

:craphead:

:)

(tu)

I would like to thing That Sir Walter of smith has targets that we are aware of and some we may not be .

I am sure having been vocal about the clubs situation I find unlikley he panic and leave the club and his self out to dry .... IMO

Beattie was a bit of a panic buy IMO

Good player and may turn out to be a good buy in the long run, but the way we rushed that deal through so we could have him for the season opener was a bit rash.

We have taken players on trial so they can prove their fitness/sharpness, yet Walter was willing to pay £1.3 million on a player who hasnt played since December 09.

Doesn't make sense. Its one rule for Beattie and another for Welcome, Barazite etc.

if we get a couple of the targets we're after and 1 or 2 of the loan deals I'll be happy, but we don't have to wait till next summer there's still the january window :rolleyes: .

Jay

sorry i meant january my mistake.....but why were we looking at a sheffield wed reject then was this in his plans all along sorry i dont think it was....panic starting to kick in.

how many of the player's we have identified do you think we will sign?

Panic buying? We have signed one player and the only other one that appears to be close we have been chasing for a long time. Speculation nearer the end of the transfer window is always going to occur, the fact we had four players on trial indicates we are not rushing into any signings.

at least two of these guys could not have been in his original plans and if they were were in trouble imo.

Beattie was a bit of a panic buy IMO

Good player and may turn out to be a good buy in the long run, but the way we rushed that deal through so we could have him for the season opener was a bit rash.

We have taken players on trial so they can prove their fitness/sharpness, yet Walter was willing to pay £1.3 million on a player who hasnt played since December 09.

Doesn't make sense. Its one rule for Beattie and another for Welcome, Barazite etc.

Beattie was linked from the beginning of the transfer window.

if we get jelavic then i dont see the need for welcome or tommy smith to come in, it would mean we have 5 senior players able to play in the striker position (jelavic, beattie, miller, naismith and lafferty' .. and also fleck i believe? i think they should, if they wrap up jelavic, aim for barazite to give us some more cover in wide area's and the middle also as he can play there

anyway, things are looking good i have to admit, w.a.t.p :uk: