Honestly, I have seen all I need to from Lafferty

weedurranty

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You off yer heid? He couldn't kick his own arse today. Best thing that happened to Rangers in the first half was him getting sent off.

This. 00000042.gif

He has had only a handful of decent performances in his time here so far, and has been given plenty chances. He has also shown absolutely nothing to suggest he will be any better playing up front as opposed to out wide. Yes it might be his preferred position and he might be slightly better there, but he doesn't deserve to get a game up front and i really can't see him doing a good job.

The guys attitude absolutely reeks. At one point today he tried to go on a run and ended up tripping over the ball and tackling himself, as if that wasn't bad enough his reaction was to stand there looking disappointed with the ball sitting about 2 feet away from him while the Hibs player came in and took it - he could easily have tried to make amends for losing the ball by at least challenging for the 50/50 and trying to win it back but no.

And he definitely deserved the red card. Possibly for the challenge alone, but by the time he lifted his hands and shoved the guy that was it, easy decision for the ref. I know a lot of us may have done the same thing and wanted to lamp the guy, but the fact of the matter is it would be a red card and he deserved to go. He's got to realise that to play for Rangers you need to play with a bit more professionalism. Everyone loses it once in a while but how many chances has he had and he keeps on with the same old shite.

Also couldn't stand his stupid robot celebration. He'd been playing pants and had a lot to prove, then as soon as he scores he acts like he is the fuckin man. Can't see him being one to work hard to improve as a player, he seems to think he has it all already.

Really hate feeling like this about a Rangers player but he's brought it upon himself if you ask me. Can't wait til we move him on - I'd happily take whatever we can get, cut our losses and get rid soon as poss.

I used to defend him and Thot tht he could be one of our better players this season but after today I just think he's stupid

does he never learn, he knows we have hardly any players thn he does tht? He's a liability and I've had enough of him

He's had more than his share of chances and he's blown it

I'm glad he got sent off, means don't need to see him fir at least 3 games.

He's had too many chances, I can't stand him as a person or a player.

Say what you really mean marty , dont beat around the bush :disappointment:

I think it's too early in the season to judge Lafferty , give him time - he will know himself that this is a defining season for him at Gers , at the end of last season he started to come good ; he'll be feeling the pressure just now with Beattie and Jelavic signing - let's not right him off just yet .

How many more "defining seasons" is he going to get?

He is fucking useless. He offers nothing up front or out wide. No control, no pace, can't head a ball, can't shoot, can't cross and never really creates anything other than trouble for himself. Now he's suspended it means Weiss will play right and Naismith will play left and show everyone how bad Lafferty really is and he won't be seen in the first team for a long time. We played better when we had 10 men, he offers absolutely feck all to the team.

It's easy to say he's played out of position but other players do it and still put in a really good shift. For example Whittaker is loads better than Lafferty on the left, as is Naismith. Fleck is even better out there. Cut your losses Walter and get rid of him once and for all.

£3.5m down the drain.

He deserves his chance and this season will be a defining one for him.

His only problem is that he i NOT a wide player, he is a striker and the fact that he is now 4th choice behind Beattie, Jelavic & Miller means that he will not feature there often.

I agree about him not being a winger, but that doesn't stop him feigning injury/getting players sent off & generally being a thug.....get him punted. An embarrassment to the club!