AC Milan sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic

According to Italian journalist Carlo Pellegatti, Milan have already agreed a contract with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Reports suggest that the player should be signed by the Rossoneri on Friday.

“Milan and Ibra have agreed a contract. The deal between them is done,” said the Mediaset journalist.

“The Swede will earn €6m per year and the rest of his wage will be covered by Barcelona.

“Zlatan is really happy to join the Rossoneri and is delighted that they will be in the Champions League. This was a key factor for him.”

In the meantime, other Italian sources reveal that Marco Borriello could be moving to Barcelona in a part exchange deal for Ibrahimovic.

Questioned about the transfer, the Italian striker did not deny a potential move.

“Will I go to Barcelona? Who knows…” he told SkySport24.

http://www.football-italia.net/aug23s.html

AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani claims the club are in negotiations with Barcelona over Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The Sweden international striker's agent Mino Raiola insisted earlier on Monday that the 28-year-old will remain at Barca, despite Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri's interest.

But Galliani has now revealed the two clubs are in talks over the forward, and says he will meet with Camp Nou president Sandro Rosell to discuss the financial details on Wednesday.

"The negotiation for Ibrahimovic is officially open," Galliani told gazzetta.it.

"On Wednesday I'll meet the president of Barcelona, Rosell.

"The negotiations will be difficult. We have not talked about the financial side yet."

Ibrahimovic has been heavily linked with a move away from the Catalan giants, despite only arriving from Milan's fierce Serie A rivals Inter last summer.

SkySports Website.

I don't know if that's good news or bad news for Barca.

The guy can be unbelievably good at times. Wouldn't like to see Borriello end up at Barcelona though, they could do a little better and it'd mean Villa will be papped out on the left wing most of the time. I'd love to see him through the middle at all times with Messi on the right and Iniesta on the left with a midfield of Xavi, Busquets and maybe Mascherano?

IMHO, they don't need Ibrahimovic.

Messi, Villa and Pedro are a more than good enough frontline. They don't have much in terms of a back-up though!

Tbf, there's probably a few youngsters from there academy that'll be more than able to make the step up in selected games when required.

Thiago Alcantara will be a star. Really similar to Iniesta in style of play, imo.

Pirlo used to play for Inter

I know. My point is that it's commonplace for players with loyalty/playing history with the other side of the Milan derby to make the switch and become legends with the other club. You can be damn sure Milan fans don't consider Baresi an Inter man, even if he spent his boyhood at the wrong end of the San Siro.

If Zlatan Ibrahimovic leaves Barcelona it will only be for Milan, according to his agent Mino Raiola.

The Swedish striker was seen training this morning, suggesting talks are at an impasse.

However, Milan have reportedly agreed to sign the former Interista for €40m spread over three years.

Raiola said last night that Ibrahimovic would take 24 hours to make a final decision.

La Gazzetta dello Sport claims that Milan are even prepared to augment their wage ceiling for Ibra, offering him €9m a year.

Speaking to Sky Italia at lunchtime, Raiola said: “The deal is yet to enter into life. If he leave, Ibra will go to Milan.

“But we still don't know if he'll leave.”

When asked if he had asked him to move, Raiola said: “Ibra is tall, if he gives me a slap I won't get up till Tuesday.”

Raiola also explained why he had been in Barcelona's offices this morning.

“I was in the offices for some paperwork regarding insurance premiums for Ibra and Maxwell,” he concluded.