• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kick him all you want, Aitken!

Nice wee reverse pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZwfbj99GdI

Excellent mate...it seems it wiz only yesterday and they do still only sing in the chapel

Atmospheres and Rangers crowds like that will never be the same again.....you dont know what ye missed younger bears it was absolutely electric in the Rangers ends in those days

And more important...Coop ripped the pesh right oot the scum barstewards (beer)

I saw him play in his first game agains Hearts at Tyncastle many years ago.

I was very young at the time, but can still remember there was such a buzz about him playing.

The guy was sheer class and a True Blue to boot.

Coop RIP

Davie Cooper :on leaving Rangers ....

"I do feel a little bit frustrated that these good and exciting times at Ibrox have come a little too late for me. But against that frustration is the realism that I have enjoyed a marvelous career that others would give their right arm for so I can’t be greedy."

(tu)

I'd give my arms and legs to play just the once for Rangers!

And ye'd still be more use out on the wing than Nuno Capucho! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Davie Cooper :on leaving Rangers ....

"I do feel a little bit frustrated that these good and exciting times at Ibrox have come a little too late for me. But against that frustration is the realism that I have enjoyed a marvelous career that others would give their right arm for so I can’t be greedy."

(tu)

I'd give my arms and legs to play just the once for Rangers!

And ye'd still be more use out on the wing than Nuno Capucho! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Sadly i never got the chance to see Davie Cooper play, but i did meet him when i was very young, maybe four or five. It must have been only a year or so before he passed away too. Although i don't remember the moment as i was too young, i will always feel blessed that i was once in the presence of one of the best footballers to ever set foot on this earth. To me, Davie Cooper is the embodiment of everything that The Rangers Football Club stands for and is. His heart, his passion and his flair was one thing. His gentlemanly conduct, and genuine love of his club is something that every player can learn from.

I cannot express in words, my admiration for Davie Cooper and it shows how much of an impression he made on our glorious club when on the 12th anniversary of his passing, we are still writing such glowing and heart-felt tributes to him. A true legend of football and he will never be forgotten so long as as Ibrox Park still stands and the Glasgow Rangers still play.

Davie Cooper - It's a Kind of Magic <cry>

Sadly i never got the chance to see Davie Cooper play, but i did meet him when i was very young, maybe four or five. It must have been only a year or so before he passed away too. Although i don't remember the moment as i was too young, i will always feel blessed that i was once in the presence of one of the best footballers to ever set foot on this earth. To me, Davie Cooper is the embodiment of everything that The Rangers Football Club stands for and is. His heart, his passion and his flair was one thing. His gentlemanly conduct, and genuine love of his club is something that every player can learn from.

I cannot express in words, my admiration for Davie Cooper and it shows how much of an impression he made on our glorious club when on the 12th anniversary of his passing, we are still writing such glowing and heart-felt tributes to him. A true legend of football and he will never be forgotten so long as as Ibrox Park still stands and the Glasgow Rangers still play.

Davie Cooper - It's a Kind of Magic <cry>

Splendid post old chap championee

Davie was truly gifted. Someone that comes along every now and then. Imagine if he had a right foot! Just kidding. But the fact is.. he didn't need one.

The goal he scored against Aberdeen -- Leighton. Leighton later said that he got a hand on it and Davie responded 'Aye -- as it was coming out!)

Too many moments to mention.

Brilliant player -- great man.

had the pleasure to meet the man on many occasions and what a man he was pure gent and had the time to chat away with you ...i still remeber the day he died, i was working with royal mail at the time and i heard the news on radio that he had died and i was totally shocked and had a tear in my eye as the news sunk in that he was gone R-I-P DAVIE COOPER ....GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN....THE MOODY BLUE

Emotional day for us all. When things were going tits up for the gers early eighties, i said to my dad is it worth going today , he said it's always worth it cos davie cooper is playing. At least once in every game he would do something exceptional. I used to practise crossing like davie for hours every day. I evcentually became a pro at 17 .played on left wing. only lasted 1 1/2 years. but those 1 1/2 years i owe by and large to THE GREATEST RANGER, whoever else has worn the jersey doesn't even come close. Ruud Gullit said he was one of the greatest players he saw play, and all the players he played with, i think that will do for me. Davie, thanks for making me the person i am today

Rest In Peace

Rab

seen him play many a time - loved the goal in the cup final against Aberdeen - free kick - goalkeeper never moved (Leighton) was brill

also remember against Hibs at Easter Road - Hibs fans were giving him a hard time - threw pies at him - response was to go out and score 2 goals - brilliant response

can't read all these tribute without tears in my eyes - cos my dad died the same day and never seen my baby - my daughter as i was 6 months pregnant at the time - she is a joy to behold and my dad would have loved her

will always remember Davie Cooper - loved to watch him play - true legend in every sense of the word

seen him play many a time - loved the goal in the cup final against Aberdeen - free kick - goalkeeper never moved (Leighton) was brill

also remember against Hibs at Easter Road - Hibs fans were giving him a hard time - threw pies at him - response was to go out and score 2 goals - brilliant response

can't read all these tribute without tears in my eyes - cos my dad died the same day and never seen my baby - my daughter as i was 6 months pregnant at the time - she is a joy to behold and my dad would have loved her

will always remember Davie Cooper - loved to watch him play - true legend in every sense of the word

sorry to hear that about your dad GBN, desperately sad :( Your dad is in a better place, Im sure. He will be well proud of you.

Aw bless GBnose - from what must have been one of the happiest times of your life, your Dad was taken from you, devastating - and we all know about that special relationship between Dads and their daughters/grand-daughters. I'm sure he is looking down on you both now and wishing he could report on how our wonderful Davie is taking the mickey on Gods own Football field - take care.

I would just like to add about Coop's "moody blue" image, that if people read his mates comments about him and "True Blue" {which I have signed by the great man} they would see he was a just a modest, genuine guy. Not a "moody blue" at all.

Just a Rangers man who was {and always will be} a genius and played for " the team he loved". Which we all do!

"DAVIE COOPER ON THE WING"

Just found this thread, but I couldn't let it pass without adding my own tribute to Davie.

One of my favourite memories of the man was waiting outside the stadium to see the players come out. My mates knew I was a big Davie Cooper fan so when he came out, my mate Andy shouted "Here's Cooper", being too polite to call him by his first name. But Davie Cooper called Andy over and said "What's my name?" Andy was a bit shell shocked so he just said "Cooper" again. To which the legend replies, "I'm Davie. Call me Davie". So we did. We felt 10 feet tall chatting with him. I had the privilege to meet him several times and to watch him play for Rangers many a time as well. He was a genius on the field and a gentleman off it.

Sadly missed. RIP.