Smith Reluctant to Sell

5cotland

Walter Smith is hoping to successfully negotiate the final few days of the transfer window with his squad intact.

The Rangersspacer.gif boss insists he would not welcome interest in any of his players before Tuesday's deadline.

He is aware that the likes of Kenny Miller,spacer.gif who recently snubbed a new deal at Ibrox, and Algeria international Madjid Bougherra may draw admiring glances, but hopes that is as far as things will go.

Having already seen a number of key men head for the exits this summer, he is understandably keen to avoid further departures.

With Rangers preparing for life back in the UEFA Champions Leaguespacer.gif and looking to retain their SPL title, Smithspacer.gif is adamant that none of his players are for sale.

Approaches

The Gers have endured financial peril in the past, forcing them to cash-in on some of their star names, but that is no longer the case and they have no need to sell.

Smith said: "We can be approached but whether we sell or not is another aspect. There is no necessity for us to do so and that's where we stand at the moment.

"The transfer window brings around that type of question but we have been sitting since the end of May and we have had no enquiries for anybody who is playing in our team.

"The enquiries we have had, the players have left us. Hopefully we will get no enquiries and we can settle down after that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not being funny but if we value Boogie at only £5mill then there is clearly something wrong surely we have proven that we are not skint anymore so we should be looking for £7mill+ at least

Can't trust him on international duty.

Shite injury record.

Looking a 'bit heavy' to say the least.

Sadly, £5m is a par price for him at the moment.

If boogie goes were fucked.

Weir and kirk :anguish:

Bollocks.

For a start, Broadfoot can cross a ball, something that Boughie fails at during many of his forays up the wing.

Weir has a better positioning sense than any player in the SPL.

Panic averted I think. :sherlock:

Sorry? Broadfoot can cross a ball?

Maybe you don't watch Rangers often enough and just like to jump on the "slag Kirk" bandwagon, but the guy does a decent job at whichever position he's asked to play. He also helped get us to a UEFA Cup Final.

Maybe it's just me, but I like players who give their all for the club.

Can't be arsed with fans that criticise European medal winning players at our club. :craphead:

Maybe you don't watch Rangers often enough and just like to jump on the "slag Kirk" bandwagon, but the guy does a decent job at whichever position he's asked to play. He also helped get us to a UEFA Cup Final.

Can't be arsed with fans that criticise European medal winning players at our club. :craphead:

You've been watching Daryll Broadfoot! :P

Don't even go there pal. In the past 9 years or so I've missed about 5 games - home, away, away in Europe. Lost passports and a couple of funerals were among the reasons outwith my control so don't look down your nose and play superfan with me.

You sound like some 70 year old that used to go to Third Lanark on a Tuesday night in the 50's in the pishing rain with a 150k crowd and remember the good old days.

Bollocks.

For a start, Broadfoot can cross a ball, something that Boughie fails at during many of his forays up the wing.

Weir has a better positioning sense than any player in the SPL.

Panic averted I think. :sherlock:

So your basis for the arguement that we can cope without Bougherra at CB back is that Broadfoot can cross a ball?

When in your experience of football has crossing the ball been a requirement for playing CB? Fuck me if you think we can cope with Broadfoot in CB along with Weir because he can cross a ball then you have no clue about football whatsoever.