Brian Laudrup diagnosed with cancer

cwoodloyal

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

One of the main Danish sports sites picked up on this thread

(slight pigeon-like quality courtesy of Google translate)

Glasgow: We sympathize with you, Brian

News of Laudrup's cancer has touched several Rangers fans deep in the heart.

Throughout the football world was the news of Brian Laudrup cancer received with deep sorrow.

Somewhere in the world hit the tragic news, however, harder and deeper. As in Glasgow, where Brian Laudrup is nothing less than a legend.

Brian Laudrup reached the peak of his career at Glasgow Rangers in the period 1994-1998, and is by many fans still considered the best foreign player in the Scottish Premier League ever.

Since news of Laudrup's illness yesterday, got out, several Rangers forums were about to boil over with praise and warm thoughts to the Danish icon.

Sporten.dk have gathered some of the most touching quotes.

Loykore writes: I was shocked when I heard the news. Get well soon Laudo!

Trueblue4life writes: Brian Laudrup is a legend and epitome of the word. To be honest, he was the reason why I started keeping with the Rangers when I was growing up.

This is terrible news and I am deeply shocked.

Get well soon, Rangers icon.

King Kirk writes: I was close to tears when I heard it.

Chewbacca writes: Damn. This news hit me like a wall in the face.

I look forward to seeing you at Ibrox one day when you are healthy again. All the best Brian. We love you still.

Lilyadore writes: I just watched the news on TV, and my brother and I became quite pale in the face when we heard it. It's perfect hit when people say it feels like it was a family member.

He was my absolute greatest hero when I grew up, and he is still there.

Mkfan1990 writes: All the fans are behind you!

Tumshire writes: We should definitely sing "There's only one Brian Laudrup" to fight on Saturday.

TheBluebells writes: That says it all that my mother who is not interested in football, are deeply affected by it. She was not a fan of the club, but then their matches because Laudrup always created something special.

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/glasgow-vi-foeler-med-dig-brian