Should have done a Braga Walter.

pcbear

Exactly. What is more important to the fans and the club? Having a go no matter who the opposition are or trying to get something from a game away to a class team. A point helps your position in the group and gives you more money. These are good things. In the long run glorious defeats or 6-0 drubbings give the club and the fans nothing positive at all.

All the folk saying all this about anti football do not have a clue. Stoke, Hull, Wigan and etc all do the exact same but don't get lambasted as much. And they have way more money than us. Infact they do it (with more money to spend on their team) and still get beat, maybe thats what has pissed them off so much. We had a pretty much flawless defensive display at Old Trafford. Forget me if I am wrong but defending is a part of football.

If these pundits want us to open up, go down and get gubbed 4-0, then they are deluded and have no idea on how a football club works.

A point away from home against the hardest team + £300k for the draw?

No points + a gubbing + nae dosh?

Aye hard choice.

Spot on from Walter.

And the Celtic fans banging on about it, aye cause their amazing displays of free flowing attacking football are always on display in Europe? The Celtic way? Don't make me laugh. Those same cunts would love to be able to produce a result like that.

People forget that point is worth around 250grand to us, which could be the difference between keeping one of our players or not. PLus there were a few teams destroyed in the champions league by opening up against better teams. Walter doesn't pick his team to please the media

I was thinking something similar whilst watching the Chelsea game last night. Zilina played a high line and tried to force the game into the Chelsea half. They also got a few numbers forward at times. Look what happened there, Chelsea picked them apart without ever hitting top gear.

I had to laught at some beedrattler on the radio last night who stated he would rather have got pumped 4-0 by Utrecht than draw in the manner in which we did at Old Trafford. Fuckin laughable. You play to your strengths. Simple as that

its about keeping rangers strong in this tourny for money reasons and for the clubs deminishing european reputation, i think most of it is bitterness towards us for having the tacticall know how to snuff big teams now and again, barca for example. i bet there are gonna be a few teams following our tactics if they dont already do so against big teams, points are what counts in these things and progressing to the next stage, i couldnt be happier

Lets not forget as well that if we played the counter a little more effectively, not overplaying the ball to Miller or making better use of our set pieces, we could have nicked 3 points out of the match.

We were simply doing what Italian teams have done for decades. Jose Mourinho wins plaudits for nullifying Barcelona, when he simply copied what we did a few years ago in the group stage with a better team. We play like this because of the quality of our players, not as an end in itself. Walter has been very clear about this. What WOULD BE disgraceful is to be like Mourinho and spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players and play negative football.

The more i think about that performance the other night the more i'm impressed with it, it was classically executed by our team as well, anyone not watching the game and hearing the reports afterwards maybe thought our goalie played out his skin, there were a raft of goaline clearances and our bar and posts were rattled regular.

Not a bit of it, bottom line is we kept a class football team at arms length very very comfortably, kudos to the staff all the way through the ranks.

What WOULD BE disgraceful is to be like Mourinho and spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players and play negative football.

That absolutely depends on your viewpoint.

I thought the Mourinho coached CL final performance by Inter was a thing of beauty to witness.

That absolutely depends on your viewpoint.

I thought the Mourinho coached CL final performance by Inter was a thing of beauty to witness.

Also.

But it's easier to play that way when your outball is one of Eto'o, Sneijder or Milito.

makes me really angry when i hear people talking shite about rangers being a disgrace, anti-football etc !

defending is a part of football, what did they want us 2 do, open up and let them run all over us ? no thanks

id rather a backs 2 the wall performance and get a result any day of the week. well done 2 the players, management and supporter the other night, superb.

All the folk saying all this about anti football do not have a clue. Stoke, Hull, Wigan and etc all do the exact same but don't get lambasted as much. And they have way more money than us. Infact they do it (with more money to spend on their team) and still get beat, maybe thats what has pissed them off so much. We had a pretty much flawless defensive display at Old Trafford. Forget me if I am wrong but defending is a part of football.

If these pundits want us to open up, go down and get gubbed 4-0, then they are deluded and have no idea on how a football club works.

A point away from home against the hardest team + £300k for the draw?

No points + a gubbing + nae dosh?

Aye hard choice.

Spot on from Walter.

And the Celtic fans banging on about it, aye cause their amazing displays of free flowing attacking football are always on display in Europe? The Celtic way? Don't make me laugh. Those same cunts would love to be able to produce a result like that.

The tims who bang on about cavalier football have watched their team get turned over the last 2 seasons by a club that should be on its knees given our financial situation. The just don't get the fact that the days of "The Quality Street Gang" are 2 generations ago, no matter how much they might whine and greet about it.