Earliest Rangers Memory

Probably Colin Stein's goal against Hibs that won us back the title. I can't think of any memories before that but there might have been some its hard to remember what was a memory, and what I've since seen on tv ;) But that is a definate one.

earliest memory of the gers was davie coopers thunderblot free kick against the sheep in the skol cup final back in the days where i would record games on the old betamax video.watched that goal over and over and still to this day i :drool: over it.looking back it was an awsome game as well

My first clean memory was the first Rangers game i've ever watched. The 1-0 CL win against Monaco with that great goal by Van Bronckhorst (tu) I've been having simpathy the Gers since 1997, but i havent been able to watch full game before that day, until 2000 my only information about the club have been from tv and sport papers.

m very first rangers memory is of me as a boy with all the posters from the rangers news covering every spare inch of my bedroom walls.

my first real memory of a game is when we got put out of the CL to bayern munich due to a very late free kick :(

First time i was at ibrox i didnt actually get in, it was the Davie Cooper testimonial against bordeaux, my dad took me in on a wee mini bus from a place called holytown, when we got to the ground it was a lock out, the game was a sell out, i can always remember people trying to get over walls and the big gates.

I was gutted :(

august 1992: rangers played the sheep. before kick off i went to the ticket office, but the game was sold out. at halftime i tried my luck again, asking for half-time-tickets you could buy at bundesliga clubs like bayern munich at that time. but i was told that such tickets are not available and again: sold out. as i left the ticket office a club-official followed and led me to the main stand and told the guys at the turnstile to let this bloody austrian in. i think it was the last season you could stand at that part of the stadium. at half time rangers were trailing 0-1. what i can remember coisty, miko and ian durrant made it 3-1 for rangers. durrant put in a man of the match performance. the best atmosphere i ever enjoyed at ibrox in all those years. gers played that special 92/93 season recognised all over europe.

1977 cup final against the Beggars....pissing down i remember and they won 1-0.

I had been to Ibrox before but don't remember much about it.

First real clear memory of an entire game and surroundings was John Greigs testimonial against Scotland when we won 5-0 and there was about 70,000 at Ibrox that day...

That was my first memory as well,big Greigs testimonial,never heard anyone mentioning that before :crabflute: Went before but that was the first day I remember,being planked at the front of the enclosure. Walking along the Paisley Road before it,with my family going into Baxters and then the pub further up the owner/barmaid Ellen used to plank me in the family bit,you could fit 2 seats in there and you would watch everyone drinking,while you sat with a Coke and a packet of ready salted :craphead: The start of the longest love of my life,the Rangers :crabflute:

being taken on the old cross keys bus in renfrew to tannadice, i mind the red ash track round the ground was almost at waist hight, and the old vg sign they had at the corner of the rangers end, i can also remember crying when colin stein got sent off at ibrox sometime in the early 70s

That was my first memory as well,big Greigs testimonial,never heard anyone mentioning that before :crabflute: Went before but that was the first day I remember,being planked at the front of the enclosure. Walking along the Paisley Road before it,with my family going into Baxters and then the pub further up the owner/barmaid Ellen used to plank me in the family bit,you could fit 2 seats in there and you would watch everyone drinking,while you sat with a Coke and a packet of ready salted :craphead: The start of the longest love of my life,the Rangers :crabflute:

lol, i used to have to stand outside the pub every second saturday with the can of coke and the packet of crisps, i mind also having the scarf on would get you a few bob off the pished bears going in and out

Getting a ball signed by Davie Cooper for my 8th birthday.

First game i remember watching, August 86 first old firm game of the season , durrant scored after a great reverse pass from cooper.

My first game was oct 86 v hibs, 3-0, McPherson Bell and Durrant i think. I remember missing one of the goals cos the guy in front of me stood up and i was too wee to see. Managed to climb onto my seat in time for the next one.

I vividly remember being in the enclosure for the last day of that season, the first time we'd won the league in 9 years. Was amazed at boys spraying bubbly over their cars on the way to the ground. Learned a few songs that day, although i did think people were singing about "seeing the stars in their eyes" at one point. The pink panther ran onto the pitch at half time and evaded strathclyde's finest for a few minutes to great applause. Guys standing on ma heud to jump onto the pitch at the end while my old boy flipped his lid at them.

Happy days.

Being a young pup i dont remember too much other than the end of 9 in a row era but the first real memory of Rangers and Ibrox was when my dad took me along to the Rangers - Parma game in 99. This is the first game i recall attending, i had always been a Rangers boy up until this point but that night i fell in love with Rangers and the whole family! Such a special night that i will remember forever!!11 years on i still have my ST.

STEFAN KLOS, FECKING LEGEND!!!!WATP