Glentoran V Linfield

MuirhouseBear

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@drisgruntled bear we are talking about part time football for fuck sake of which Belfast has 5 clubs also Scotland has about seven times the population. Get real

You asked a question, I answered it. I'm being real by saying the standard is really poor. Some on the other hand are trying to put it above it's station.

Really poor Linfield held rosenberg this season not bad for really poor. Dundee derbies pull in about 7000 8000 btw

Clubs get a bit of luck from time to time, don't mean they are above the really poor mark... Dundee Utd drew with AEK Athens away from home for instance.

How much was in attendance tonight?

How can you argue about the standard of that league ?

Dundee United's last game against St Johnstone had an attendance of 7,500 so im sure the Dundee Derby gets more than that.

And the Dundee Derby isn't even the second biggest Derby in Scotland.

Linfields allocation was 4000 I would say about 3000 linfield fans there glentoran slightly more I would guess average for a Saturday fixture is usually about 10000

You are guessing though it would be that, if both Dundee clubs were competing for the league I would guess the attendances would be a lot higher. All if's and but's ;)

@Paul RFC you remind of the people who take the piss out of me for watching and going to Scottish football but hey it's The Rangers (and Linfield) for me

No mate. :lol:

Im not like them at all, all I was saying is the Irish League standard is very poor and I was surprised by the attendance as I thought it would have been a sell out.

By no means am I saying the SPL standard is good cause its poor aswell. :lol:

I like the Linfield mate.

No.

That was there last game they played.

How much do Linfield pull on a weekend ?

I reckon its decent.

No-one knows. They keep their attendances a secret. I wonder why :rolleyes:

Irish league football is akin to Scottish division one or English league 2.

Also FTB, 'mon the glens.

The stadium was half empty, anybody could see that on sky sports. It was poor alround.

Part of me can see the reason why people down south, turn there nose up at the SPL being shown on Sky sports now. sad.gif

The stadium has to be half emtpy thanks to the PSNI demanding that the fans be segregated by loads of empty stand, to minimise the risk of fighting between the fans. Also for this reason you can't get in by paying on the gate anymore. People are also put off by the violence that has taken place between these two in the past.

I think you're expecting far, far too much from an Irish league game tbh. They're part time. The Irish league suffers due to the success of the English prem and the Old Firm. People would rather pay to go and see that.