Top Players You Don't Rate

andymc10

Toure is a great player, but Guardiola would rather have Busquets. The role Busquets plays for both Barca and Spain is hugely underappreciated. I didn't really see the fuss until I actually watced him on the park. There's plenty of reasons Barca and Spain do so well and the role Busquets plays is a huge one.

the statment in bold ...could not agree with you more think he is a fantastic player and still very very young!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busquests

Mascherano

Barry

Anderson

Glen Johnson

Jamie Carragher

Eduardo

Kalou

Fletcher

John Terry

Sergio Ramos

I could literally go on all day.

Folk will probably think the same about who i've said but I can't believe some of the players that have been mentioned in this thread (Yaya Toure, Bale).

For the people naming Messi, I really hope they misunderstood the question and thought it was top players who are over-hyped! In that respect I'd agree, he isn't as good as a lot would have you believe(i.e the greatest player of all-time) but is still one of the best in the world just now if not the best.

Most of the "top" players I dont rate play in the EPL and are only classed as top players because the whole league is believed to be better than it actually is in this country.

Berbatov (not that I dont actually rate him when on form, just he only ever seems to show about 20% of his potential over the course of a season)

Mascherano

Barry

Carrick

Milner

Gerrard(been found out a bit now that Alonso has left)

John Carew (though a bit of stretch to call him a top player, but gets onto the list for being especially dire)

Walcott

Glen Johnson

Rosicky

Could go on all day, but getting bored now.

Dani Alves - can't shoot or cross. just hits the ball very hard and hopes for the best. tackling is pretty woeful and his positional play is amateurish at times.

Glen Johnson - anyone ever seen him play a good match? worse than Alves..a lot worse.

Bojan Krkic - for a boy who is supposedly only good at finishing, he isn't even very good at that.

I could go on, but there's too many to count! :sherlock:

Starting to agree with Dani Alves. I used to be 50/50 on him but his performance at the weekend was diabolical and it isn't the first time we can say that either.

I think it's quite harsh on Bojan. If you took him out of the Barca side and into another team who play a traditional 4-4-2 and don't demand incredible football, he'd probably bag you 25 goals a season.

Van Persie has great technique but as an all round player I dont like him at all, I think teams find him very easy to deal with

As for Tevez, like I Cappa i think hes good but not a top class player. I dont think he should have played over Milito or Higuain at the world cup.

Starting to agree with Dani Alves. I used to be 50/50 on him but his performance at the weekend was diabolical and it isn't the first time we can say that either.

I think it's quite harsh on Bojan. If you took him out of the Barca side and into another team who play a traditional 4-4-2 and don't demand incredible football, he'd probably bag you 25 goals a season.

Thats actually a good point, there are good players that have a style that doesn't work with certain teams formation/tactics/mentality/etc.

Look at Diego Forlan, most of us would have probably thought he was a bit of a donkey, average at best during his time at Manchester United. Since leaving, he's shown he can play a bit! :craphead:

Does anybody else think that Pep Guariola isn't very good when it comes to the cheque book?

The majority of his big buys have all had pretty limited success: Alves, Keita, Kerrison, Ibrahimovic, Chgrinsky & even Villa (I know it's early days) to name a few.

However when you look at the progress of guys he inherited: Valdes, Pique, Busquets, Messi, Pedro & even Iniesta & Xavi then maybe he's going to be a manager who is simply better at developing the skills a player already has on his books rather than identifying new players.

Van Persie has great technique but as an all round player I dont like him at all, I think teams find him very easy to deal with

As for Tevez, like I Cappa i think hes good but not a top class player. I dont think he should have played over Milito or Higuain at the world cup.

Van persie with fitness behind him is an utter nightmare mate. Just ask Arsenal fans. If he was fit against Chelsea, i don't think Chelsea would of won.

I thought Alves came before Guardiola? Regardless, I have to say I agree. He is fantastic at taking raw talent and nurturing it, but he doesn't really seem to be getting it right in the transfer market.

No, Pep signed him. I think he's been good for them though. He's done his job by bombing up and down that right wing and last season he got 15 assists in all competitions.

Does anybody else think that Pep Guariola isn't very good when it comes to the cheque book?

The majority of his big buys have all had pretty limited success: Alves, Keita, Kerrison, Ibrahimovic, Chgrinsky & even Villa (I know it's early days) to name a few.

However when you look at the progress of guys he inherited: Valdes, Pique, Busquets, Messi, Pedro & even Iniesta & Xavi then maybe he's going to be a manager who is simply better at developing the skills a player already has on his books rather than identifying new players.

I was stunned by the Eto'o swap deal. What was it? Direct swap plus 40m?

Some cringeworthy names being mentioned - Iniesta, Kaka and I'd say Ryan Giggs is possibly the worst! :anguish:

Again good player but one thats been totally blown out of proportion with his decent form at the age he currently is. Not a patch on Scholes or Beckham imo.

Then again there was that goal against Arsenal :rolleyes:

Again good player but one thats been totally blown out of proportion with his decent form at the age he currently is. Not a patch on Scholes or Beckham imo.

Then again there was that goal against Arsenal :rolleyes:

Disagree. He was the best winger in the world for about 5-6 years.