Allan McGregor

I dont think managers really give a shit about off the field stuff as long as the players are producing it on the field, certainly Alan Mcgregors never done anything that would worry a top manager

Depends how good looking their wife is..

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

did i not read an article by goram that said mcgregor was a world class keeper just as good as him?,i think i did,it was in one of the papers an andy goram column.

He said he saw similarities iirc.

Shagger really deserves to have a better national team in front of him. Saved our bacon on numerous times tonight - it was criminal that Scotland still came up on the short end of the stick due directly to two boneheaded blunders by Whitty and McManus.

Walter said it himself that Alan was up there with Goram on ability, he's proved what a terrific keeper he is over the last few seasons and just keeps getting better.

We've been lucky with keepers over the last 20 odd years, what with the likes of Woods, Goram, Klos and now Shagger, truly exceptional talent, and long may he (AM) continue to be our number 1!

The question for some is, when does ability on the park outweigh being a 'Liability' off the park.

Or is it just not the Rangers way???????

I'll take that, seeing as it was me who mentioned him being a liability so I presume it was directed at me. My whole post was:

The obvious answer is he's a liability. Not as a keeper anymore, although his command of his box and handling of crosses is still a little suspect (and I do mean a little). He's improved his distribution and seems to have stopped the silly mistakes he was making a couple of seasons ago.

However, his off-field antics have given him a reputation, and things like his kick v Aberdeen make him a risk to teams looking at him.

Having said all that, I have been slating him for a long time and would rather have had Alexander between the sticks, but I'm happy to say that other teams' blindness to his ability is our gain. He's made massive improvements and now (silly kicks aside) rightly made the No 1 jersey his own.

The 'liability' part was an answer to the question of why teams weren't making offers for him. I've bolded the parts which show that his on-field ability outweighs his off-field antics.

Curiosity with regards to their post-match reactions got the better of me so I just had a look on Kerryfail Street. Saw this amusing (if horribly twatty) comment:

"McGregor may be a h** bastard, but he's our h** bastard!"

Oh how it must hurt the tims to have shite keepers all the time.