This puts football into perspective.

H72

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=981_1288013075

Salamanca player Miguel Garcia was rushed to hospital after going into cardiac arrest during Sunday's Segunda Division game with Real Betis.

Garcia was walking near the halfway line in the second half when he suddenly collapsed face-down onto the pitch and medical staff from both teams raced onto the pitch to aid the stricken player.

Several of Garcia's team-mates watched on in tears as the medi More..cal staff, using a defibrillator, managed to revive the 31-year-old midfielder before he was taken to Salamanca's University Hospital.

After initial examinations, where it was discovered he had suffered a heart attack, Garcia returned to the intensive care unit where a stent was put in and he will remain there for 24 hours.

I wouldn't have posted this had he not pulled through - although he is still in intensive care. This, for me, puts football into perspective. Absolutely horrifying to watch ; whether its Puerta, O'Donnel, Foé or Miguel Garcia. Would I be wrong in saying that this seems to be happening a lot more in the present game?

All the best to Garcia.

This is happening all too often. Its a shock it happening see young, fit, and seemingly healthy men. The worse one I have seen was a few years back, I cant remember the players name but the ref had just booked him and then he collapsed and died, it was heartbreaking