Some impressions from tonights match

nvager

And. Alexander had some go at Boogy after he basically gave the ball away (far too easily. Neil was right). Resulted in a wee bit of a shouting match on the pitch. With both pointing at each other.

Boogy is a very good defender but can't make a pass to save his life this year, and his runs forward are well, garbage.

He will then lose the ball and foul the opposing player. Getting on my nerves now. He should just stick to playing his position.

NA made a superb 'McGregor-esque' stop in the second half as well. Excellent performance from him.

Anytime I have seen him play he looks painfully slow and cumbersome; maybe compared to Beattie he looks fast but then so would a snail.

Would love for Little to succeed, but he is slow and I just dont think he has enough ability to do it.

And. Alexander had some go at Boogy after he basically gave the ball away (far too easily. Neil was right). Resulted in a wee bit of a shouting match on the pitch. With both pointing at each other.

Boogy is a very good defender but can't make a pass to save his life this year, and his runs forward are well, garbage.

He will then lose the ball and foul the opposing player. Getting on my nerves now. He should just stick to playing his position.

NA made a superb 'McGregor-esque' stop in the second half as well. Excellent performance from him.

Aye boughy and whittaker just seemed lazt the nyt and that save from alexander :drool: absolutely top class and btw it was an alexander - esque save ;)

Any chance of giving Little some credit for a change. He,s just scored a superb goal and all you can do is criticise. And hes far from slow one of the quickest and fittest in the squad.

his goal was superb.

that is all i can say about his performance, i didnt notice anything else.

A would like to see broadfoot given a shot at rb hes much better defensively and not terrible going forward

before kirky gets ahead of whitty at RB, he must practice his crossing on the training ground everyday for a few months. unfortunately, despite getting in to good crossable positions, he cant cross at all. whitty can cross off both feet. essential for the modern day full back.

Just finished watching the game on RTV, agree with the summary and felt the defence was solid.

Didn't really like Miller coming on, at 2-0, what was the point?

I also felt the team was a bit lopsided but giving Weiss a free role was still a good idea.

Would agree with the points above about Whittaker - the RB slot is my biggest worry in the team right now as he's a complete joke in defense. In some ways he makes up for it with his attacking skills (when he plays with confidence he's good, can skin a player and fire in a good cross). But he's too easily skinned in defense, goes to ground too easily and isn't strong enough.

I guess it depends who we were playing against, but if we needed to firm up defense, Broadfoot would be a good shout at RB. Not sure who else could slot in there but wouldn't mind seeing a new RB come in next summer...

Well the fact Little is getting games means he is one of our better prospects and he looks really quick not slow.

I trust Smith more than you guys and Little will make it, he seems decent and he doesn't even have a position yet.

Walter see's something in him and that's good enough for me.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Well the fact Little is getting games means he is one of our better prospects and he looks really quick not slow.

I trust Smith more than you guys and Little will make it, he seems decent and he doesn't even have a position yet.

Walter see's something in him and that's good enough for me.

Which is the worrying thing

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Sorry but I just dont rate Little, I think he is slow, his touch isnt so good and I dont think he provides enough of a threat. Ok he got a good goal last night but one swallow does not make a summer.

Were you at the game last night?

Which is the worrying thing

True, but it isn't his fault.

Smith wants to move him onto that right side either at right midfield or at right back and I think its because of his pace he thinks he could make a good right sided player.

I don't get were the slow stuff is coming from because he really isn't slow.

We look tired already but we also looked like we could step it up a gear and score a goal anytime we felt like it.

The players look like they're doing just enough to progress to the next round in these games.

And if they don't, then I don't really think they'll be that bothered with the CL and SPL being the main priority.

Can someone tell me what formation we were playing last night :lol:

I was there but couldn't really be arsed working it out.

Alexander

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Broadfoot

Naismith Edu McCulloch Wylde

Weiss

Little

Was that it? With Naismith and Little switching positions whenever they felt like it?

Then with the subs it was ;

Alexander

Weiss Hutton Edu McCulloch Wylde

Miller

Though it seemed like Hutton did have the ball on the right-handside alot? So did Weiss stay in his forward role and Hutton played RM?

Can someone tell me what formation we were playing last night :lol:

I was there but couldn't really be arsed working it out.

Alexander

Naismith Edu McCulloch Wylde

Weiss

Little

Was that it? With Naismith and Little switching positions whenever they felt like it?

Then with the subs it was ;

Alexander

Weiss Hutton Edu McCulloch Wylde

Miller

Though it seemed like Hutton did have the ball on the right-handside alot? So did Weiss stay in his forward role and Hutton played RM?

Switch Naismith with Little and that's how we set up, Weiss was giving a old throw back Laudrup free role in behind.