Fleck vs Weiss

delamonty

ok, John Fleck only had one half. But in that 45 mins, he put more thought into his passes & crosses than Vladimir has done all year.

I wish we could create one footballer out of both. For me? What Weiss is clearly lacking is the final ball. And lately, he's not even getting close to getting to the byeline, or even in a position to deliver.

When he is, it's usually a poor ball.

Flecky today showed he has a real chance to start ahead of Weiss. Happy for Fleck. In fact, having to compete with Weiss is good for him.

If Fleck plays to his potential, we don't need Vladimir Weiss.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is idiotic.

Fleck was good because he came inside all the time.

Weiss or Fleck on the left ? Weiss everytime.

Flecks final ball was pish today but he was good because he kept coming inside.

Through the middle is were Fleck should play not on the left because he rarely beats a man and puts a cross in.

Stupid comparison IMO.

But in that 45 mins, he put more thought into his passes & crosses than Vladimir has done all year.

Slight exaggeration.

Neither Fleck nor Weiss should be playing on the left! Weiss needs to learn to stop all this fancy shit and keep it simple at times.

Neither impressed me today, Fleck's touch at times was terrible.

Both players are too greedy and try to be the hero.

Eh? lol Fleck hasnt kicked a ball for months, hasnt kicked a competitive ball for even longer! I thought he done very well when he moved to the right and centre. For all his power, pace and great shooting ability, he lacks one on one skill, he cant beat a man with skill, i think thats why he struggles at left wing. Give him time ffs, he will a cracking player for us.

I am one of Fleck's biggest critics, although he is only young he was billed as a hot prospect and has so far failed to live up to this but i thought he played well when he came on today and he covered when he was shoved back at corners, hopefully he has taken into account that we are playing great as a team and he will need to put in extra work to earn a starting place in the 1st team but he still has a lot to learn and can hopefully fulfill this !!!

Fair comments....

My point isn't that whether Fleck or Weiss 'should' be playing on the left. Under Walter they are. So, in my own defense, I'll say we are comparing 'like for like' in Walter's system.

And for me, Fleck simply looked more like the guy that suits us. (tu)

I also agree with Muff (above) that, Weiss needs to cut out the garbage. But then again, it's pretty clear, he is targeted. But good players rise above that, create space, beat their man, and then put in the telling ball.

It's great to be a Bear. A draw and we implode. lol Life is still good folks! Top of the league and undefeated. :21:

btw: I'm not being naive and insisting we are world beaters. Not by any stretch. We have enough to win this league and do a turn in Europe after XMAS. We're a hard team to beat. Even on a bad day. And that, is a positive. Great teams get 'something' when they're crap by their own standards. Bring on Valencia!

I'm not a massive Fleck fan and the first 10 mins he was ropey, but he came on to a good game. Another 15 minutes and he might have won us it, on a different day.

Based on what?

What difference would an extra 15 mins have made?

Seriously fucked up logic.

Based on what?

What difference would an extra 15 mins have made?

Seriously fucked up logic.

Ermm how?

I take it you've never heard anyone say, for example, that "if we game lasted 5 more minutes we would have won it" - ala Marseilles 1993.

Ermm how?

I take it you've never heard anyone say, for example, that "if we game lasted 5 more minutes we would have won it" - ala Marseilles 1993.

Comparing today's game to that of the Marseilles kinda sums you up.

Not laughing, honest.