***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

If you didn't have to change the language at the start then you are fine.

I might have to download an non-russian version sometime.

Anyone else think they have cottoned on to the fact all the "acquired" versions are Russian?

That's exactly what I'm thinking, can anyone who bought it legit tell me if they got a code with their game that they had to use during or after installation?

I'm going to download one of the english "reloaded" versions sometime soon.

I'm just going to keep going with my current save, and when Im done with that, install the English one.

I'm going to download one of the english "reloaded" versions sometime soon.

I'm just going to keep going with my current save, and when Im done with that, install the English one.

Looks like I'll be doing the same I think, I'll try and see if this Russian patch works or not first though.

They are saying a patch will be released soon, hopefully that means tomorrow.

Aye, but I reckon their gonna enable some sort of activation for the Russian version, like they did a few years ago for all of the versions to stop piracy...

They'll have definitely picked up on people getting it before release, if we can find the torrents... they can.

Aye, but I reckon their gonna enable some sort of activation for the Russian version, like they did a few years ago for all of the versions to stop piracy...

They'll have definitely picked up on people getting it before release, if we can find the torrents... they can.

I don't think the game came with any activation code, so people with boxed versions in Russia won't be able to activate it themselves either then.

I don't think the game came with any activation code, so people with boxed versions in Russia won't be able to activate it themselves either then.

I dunno either thats why I asked if it came with a code, I think you need some a code if you install it in Steam though?

EDIT: Went onto the forums, and it seems there are activation keys.

Started again with the English version and update installed, got rid of Miller, Webster, Alexander, signed Griffiths since Dundee are -25points and in the financial shit he only cost 300k, could have probably got him for less

Anyone know of any young and cheap decent keepers, under about 500k

Yeah im fine, I have the non-russian one.

Be careful when downloading the Reloaded ones because my mate downloaded one yesterday and it had a virus and it has completely broke his laptop.

well it must of been the site which he got it from that gave him it. Because I got the RELOADED one off of my private torrent site and it has worked like a dream.

I'm fucking raging, by the way.

I tried to start the game through Steam earlier and a wee box popped-up, saying something like - 'This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. An hour later and after another three-hundred attempts to start the game, I'm still getting the same message.

So, I Google'd the problem and, from what I found, you're fucked if Steam starts that pish. People have outstanding complaints about it on a Steam forum I found, one's dating back to last year.

Anyway, I had the disc, so I uninstalled through Steam and installed it manually onto my laptop. Sorted, I though. So, I go to open it up and, a-fucking-gain, I get a pop-up message. This time, an error telling me that I'm low on virtual memory before kicking me off the game.

Again, I Google'd this and found some instructions, but they're brutal. I'm at the stage where I can edit my virtual memory, but I don't have a fucking clue what to do with it.

I got the game on Wednesday, for fuck's sake! Yet, I've not been able to have a go on it. It's brutal.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

My bought copy didn't show up today...so I pirated one hehe.

Just replaced the whole background staff at Rangers and trying to offload McCulloch, Weir, Beattie and a few reserves but having no luck!

The background staff are a joke, i kept a couple then brought new guys in, i managed to get rid of Beattie but only on loan

Had a £3m bid for Charlie Adam and he accepted the contract then i canceled it, was about £21k a week and the £3m transfer over 3 years, hopefully he signs for Fulham now and i get the 20% sell on fee

I'm fucking raging, by the way.

I tried to start the game through Steam earlier and a wee box popped-up, saying something like - 'This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later'. An hour later and after another three-hundred attempts to start the game, I'm still getting the same message.

So, I Google'd the problem and, from what I found, you're fucked if Steam starts that pish. People have outstanding complaints about it on a Steam forum I found, one's dating back to last year.

Anyway, I had the disc, so I uninstalled through Steam and installed it manually onto my laptop. Sorted, I though. So, I go to open it up and, a-fucking-gain, I get a pop-up message. This time, an error telling me that I'm low on virtual memory before kicking me off the game.

Again, I Google'd this and found some instructions, but they're brutal. I'm at the stage where I can edit my virtual memory, but I don't have a fucking clue what to do with it.

I got the game on Wednesday, for fuck's sake! Yet, I've not been able to have a go on it. It's brutal.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

if its virtual memory go to Start > My Computer > right click on it and go to properties and left click on it > go to the "Advanced" tab at the top, should have Performance/USer Profiles and Startup and Recovery on it, click on the "settings" in the performance section which should be at the top. Another box will pop up, go to the Advanced tab at the top on that. Should have a bit about Virtual Memory, click the "Change" button. in the middle put a dot next to "Customer Size" it should give you numbers in the box set them to the max it will let you. and then click OK it will tell you to restart the machine, do that and try again.

well it must of been the site which he got it from that gave him it. Because I got the RELOADED one off of my private torrent site and it has worked like a dream.

Yeah I just meant that there is one out there which has a virus and he got it from Demonoid.

if its virtual memory go to Start > My Computer > right click on it and go to properties and left click on it > go to the "Advanced" tab at the top, should have Performance/USer Profiles and Startup and Recovery on it, click on the "settings" in the performance section which should be at the top. Another box will pop up, go to the Advanced tab at the top on that. Should have a bit about Virtual Memory, click the "Change" button. in the middle put a dot next to "Customer Size" it should give you numbers in the box set them to the max it will let you. and then click OK it will tell you to restart the machine, do that and try again.

Right, that's where I got to before, mate. Everything you said, then the max bit.

How do I find out what my max is, like what digits do I put in the two boxes?

Thanks, mate.