***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

I'm already suffering from the just one more game syndrome. :(

Can I ask:

Is it the same scenarios each time, no matter who you go? Will 'player x' move to 'team y' every save you start, or can there be changes?

AI managers have certain players on their shortlists at the start of the game, usually those players, that the clubs have been linked to IRL as well, but it's mainly random.

I'm already suffering from the just one more game syndrome. :(

AI managers have certain players on their shortlists at the start of the game, usually those players, that the clubs have been linked to IRL as well, but it's mainly random.

Didn't know that, that's nifty.

Got Europa league spot from my group, beat Cluj 1-0, just had to avoid defeat but I fucking deserved that win, chance after chance, hit the woodwork, brought Lafferty on and he scores a blinder from 25 yards into the top corner :praise:

My previous didn't load so I started a new one

Made no changes to the squad

Pre season:

Morton 4-1 - goals from Miller, 2 from Naismith and Jelavic

Ayr 2-0 - Davis, Miller

Stirling 2-0 - Wylde, Miller

Peterbourgh 1-1 - Lafferty

Cambridge 3-0 - Foster, Miller, Davis

Valladoid 1-1 - Weir

Squad were in high spirits awaiting start of season, Steven Naismith got injured in the Scotland - Sweden game though :anguish:

Had a falling out with Mixu Paatalinen over the strength of my squad and said that I hope Kilmarnock get relegated

Beat them 2-0 with Jelavic grabbing both

Drew with Hibs 1-1 - was 1-0 down at half time, 5 minutes after Kyle Hutton was sent off for fuck all, Ricky Foster saved the day though. Had a go at the ref after the game and was warned by the SFA

Was drawn with Inter Milan, OM and FC Copenhagen in the Champions League and Arbroath at Ibrox in the League Cup

Back to league business and beat St Johnstone 2-0 thanks to 2 James Beattie goals

Davie Weir came to me with a problem and said he was very unhappy about the lack of discipline shown at the club, I told him I'd sort it out and he said he didn't think I'd keep my word so I told him that I was the manager and he said he might of been a bit harsh and now we're pals again

Next game we thrashed Hamilton 3-0, goals coming from Davis, an utter belter from Foster and then Beattie made it 3

First Champions League game, the famous 5-4-1 came out in force for the home game against Copenhagen. Was a pretty equal game up until before half-time when Lee McCulloch scored with a bullet header. Brought on Jelavic at half-time for Miller and he scored a somewhat fine goal at the start of the second half which was then chopped off by the ref. I was fucking raging, then to make matters worse Copenhagen scored in the last minute to make it 1-1.

Had a go at the ref after the game and was given a further warning from the SFA

Next game was against Dundee United, went 1-0 down, Miller scored at the end of the first half. In the second half he added two more to claim the match ball - 3-1.

Told Paul Sheerin that I doubted that Arbroath will be getting promoted this season before the League Cup match at Ibrox. Smashed them 5-0 - Jelavic (2), Lafferty and Weiss (2)

Was drawn in the next round at home to Raith who had beaten Celtic 2-0 :lol:

Next game at Pittodrie I found myself trailing again at half-time 1-0. Tore the team a new one, won 3-1 - Miller (2) and Lafferty

Signed Dedryk Boyata on loan and managed to cough up 2 mil for Gomis just before the transfer window shut...

Just got beat 2-0 by Real at the Bernabeau, coulda been 10, Beatties no playing for me again, and is getting sold in January the useless prick!

First Old Firm game

2nd minute: Shaun Maloney 1-0 Celtic :anguish:

21st minute: Sammy the Tranny 2-0 Celtic :anguish:

44th minute: Nikica Jelavic 2-1! :21:

57th minute: PENALTY RANGERS: Scored by Steven Naismith :)

79th minute: Sammy the Tranny 3-2 :(

89th minute: NIKICA JELAVIC 3-3 :jelavic:

Agents are money grabbing pricks :anguish:

I'm trying to tie down the likes of Naismith on long term contracts; his agent wants 500k for his agent fee. :angry:

Not sure how realistic the agents fee's are, but they are annoying. And if they do get that much irl no wonder they try and move players around so much. Surely anyway the players should pay the agent, they employ them not the club.

Jelavic finally coming into form now and striking a partnership with Miller. Been a little inconsistent since January, just the 4 points clear now.

Jelavic is :drool: in my game

Just into December, 15 goals

Kenny Miller wanted £40 pw so I told him to shove it and now he's signed a pre contract with Liverpool. FFS!!!

26 goals up to February so far :crabflute:

Also Webster and Bougherra have 17 goals between them. Got to love set piece editor!

Are our finances that bad when you can't pay our best striker the wage of a paper boy? :lol:

I've had a go at refs 5 times already this season, the last 3 times the Establish SFA have been silent over the matter