***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

I brought in Lillan laslandes as a player coach and the dover fans love him :lol:

The Fa cup makes the game imo

The FA Cup is fantastic in FM for lower league sides! That's what the Scottish lower divisions and other nations lack.

The FA Cup is fantastic in FM for lower league sides! That's what the Scottish lower divisions and other nations lack.

Exactly mate, my first game in it was charlseton or some shit like that raced in to a 2-0 lead and they got it back to 2-2! Scudded them 4-0 away in the replay though. Then i played another 2 non leauge teams and the favourites for my leauge in the 1st round proper.

Now its huddersfield. The only other domestic cup in the game that can touch the FA cup is the French one imo.

Btw how do you get screengrabs to put up mate? I will share mine at the end of the season

Exactly mate, my first game in it was charlseton or some shit like that raced in to a 2-0 lead and they got it back to 2-2! Scudded them 4-0 away in the replay though. Then i played another 2 non leauge teams and the favourites for my leauge in the 1st round proper.

Now its huddersfield. The only other domestic cup in the game that can touch the FA cup is the French one imo.

Btw how do you get screengrabs to put up mate? I will share mine at the end of the season

Alt + F9 will put a screenshot in Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > screenshots.

I edited mine so it would fit better on the thread through Microsoft Paint though.

Also, to get them on here, make an account on Photobucket and upload them there. Then, copy the IMG code and voila, you're able to post them on here.

Well, the FA Cup e-on 3rd Round match was played. After Abdou Sall's sending off in the 7th minute, it was always going to be a Middlesbrough walkover. Proudly though, it only finished 3-1 to Boro and Guichard scored for Gloucester in the last 10 minutes of the game after getting a goal disallowed inside the dying minutes of the first-half.

However, it isn't all doom and gloom. This is what the Gloucester City AFC bank balance looked like pre-Boro:

GloucesterCityFinancesPre-Boro.png

The highest the Club's balance has been since my arrival was at around £24k after the Cup tie with Plymouth Argyle. Now, here is what the Club's bank balance looks like post-Boro:

GloucesterCityFinancesPost-Boro.png

That means that after this one game at the Riverside, Gloucester City AFC have made a profit of £183,316!

That will definitely deteriorate gradually until promotional bonuses are received at the end of the season or until another cup run is on the cards but the Club is now sitting in a very healthy position! :D

Well, the FA Cup e-on 3rd Round match was played. After Abdou Sall's sending off in the 7th minute, it was always going to be a Middlesbrough walkover. Proudly though, it only finished 3-1 to Boro and Guichard scored for Gloucester in the last 10 minutes of the game after getting a goal disallowed inside the dying minutes of the first-half.

However, it isn't all doom and gloom. This is what the Gloucester City AFC bank balance looked like pre-Boro:

GloucesterCityFinancesPre-Boro.png

The highest the Club's balance has been since my arrival was at around £24k after the Cup tie with Plymouth Argyle. Now, here is what the Club's bank balance looks like post-Boro:

GloucesterCityFinancesPost-Boro.png

That means that after this one game at the Riverside, Gloucester City AFC have made a profit of £183,316!

That will definitely continue to deteriorate until promotion or another cup run but the Club is now sitting in a very healthy position! :D

Have your reserve team play friendlies against Auckland City (tu)

£20k per game - £2k travel expenses = £18k profit per game. They'll accept friendlies at stupid times of the week and several times during the week. Well worth it for a LLM game.

Have your reserve team play friendlies against Auckland City (tu)

£20k per game - £2k travel expenses = £18k profit per game. They'll accept friendlies at stupid times of the week and several times during the week. Well worth it for a LLM game.

See, I've done this in the past but I didn't feel very good after it. It's just not very realistic - within reason - and it almost feels like cheating a wee bit.

I want to try and keep my Gloucester game as 'clean' as possible.

See, I've done this in the past but I didn't feel very good after it. It's just not very realistic - within reason - and it almost feels like cheating a wee bit.

I know how you feel :lol:

I only came across it when I entered NPower League 2 and it helped me massively. I hadn't bargained for huge running costs compared to non-league and it helped me until I could get a different source of income which was sustainable and helped keep the club afloat.

But aye it does feel a bit strange using it. (tu)

Dover have just lost out 2-1 away to Huddersfield in round 2 of the FA cup. Got it back to 1-1 but Rhodes is too good.

1st round proper of the FA trophy and i was away to Crawley and we got a 2-2 draw. We have a replay to come and if we go through its a home tie against Luton.

We are 7 points clear in the leauge so its looking good at this moment in time for us.

Fofana(sp) is amazing at that level

:disappointment:

I'm at a crossroads. After hammering Kettering Town of the BSP 4-0 at home in the FA Trophy, I was in good spirits.

I've just received an offer of £92,000 plus future incentives for one of my best players, Gauthier Mahoto, from Millwall. I don't know what to do. That type of money is really hard to turn down for a club the size of Gloucester but if it's spread out over time then there's no real immediate benefit to the deal.

Mahhhhh.

I've decided to stall on making a decision.

Edit: They fucked off after I demanded the money up-front and Mahoto isn't upset at all. With the money brought in from the FA Cup run already this season, I didn't need to accept that offer.

Has anyone ever had this...

David Weir got injured in a pre season friendly and he's going to be out for four months, but has came out and said he's considering retiring early?

I never use the 3rd patch because it changes the starting squads for the first season with every team and I don't see the point in starting with a team updated from the January window. Makes no sense to me.

It was a good effort, had 2 injuries and another guy took a knock and his fitness went down to 29% so had to sub him as well, it was 2-2 at that point and I had to sub on a 16yr old right footed CB and put him at left back, conceded 2 goals quickly after that

Fans are slightly concerned about the defeat :wanker:

2ex085t.jpg

GloucestertoWembley.png

We're going to Wembley, que sera sera! :D

Winner prize money: £50,000.

Loser prize money: £25,000.

Plus the gate receipts!

I want the FA Trophy.

35 games played, 33 won, 2 lost.

I've lost both games to Nuneaton, home and away. It makes no sense. I can dominate any other team in the league but Nuneaton always cause me problems, and even took me to a replay in the qualifying rounds for the FA Cup.

I have my bogey team. :anguish:

--

And 2 weeks later from this defeat, the title has been secured with 3 games to go! Champions. :D

lens2112405_1218236356blue-square-premier-trophy.jpg

Play Goodwillie as an Advanced Forward and maybe set him as your primary target man with his supply as run onto the ball.

As for Jelavic, well I couldn't really get him going. Tried most settings with him and not many worked. Maybe Complete Forward - support?