***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

My season is coming along nicely after my last update.

2011 started with a double header against Celtic, in the league and then in the Scottish Cup 4th round. a 0-0 draw at Ibrox saw me keep a 16 point lead over them, probably should have won it. Then won 2-0 at Parkhead, a fantastic game with Spence (signing of the season) and Edu with the goals, despite a McCulloch red card early on. Lost my first league game of the season soon after though, with a 2-1 defeat at Hearts, despite Diouf's late header.

Then travelled to Hampden for my League Cup semi final with Celtic, with an unbeaten record against them. 2-0 at half time with a double from Naismith, although Stokes pulled a shitty goal back. Weiss ran a good 60 yards to make it 3-1, before a late consolation. So into the League Cup final, where I'll face Dundee Utd, who have been 2nd for the majority of the season.

Following that, there was a 2-1 Cup win over Motherwell to advance to the Quarters to face Stirling, who beat Hamilton in the last round. Couple of routine SPL wins, as well as a fantastic result in the Europa League, beating Dynamo Kiev 3-1 in Ukraine. Jelavic has been outstanding recently, grabbing two here, taking him to 6 in his last 4. Now got Celtic again in the league, before Kiev at Ibrox. The league currently looks like this:

21d4cj8.png

Set myself a couple of transfer targets as well. Spence I'm desperate to keep a hold of, will pay whatever to sign him permanently. Looking to bring in Goodwillie as well, plus Matthew Booth from Panathinaikos to shore things up at the back.

Obviously saved it before rejecting so you could go back and accept later.

We know your game.

Damn, found out.

Just couldn't resist a team of Robbie Keane and McGeady. Trying to get Lennon in as my assistant :crabflute:

The Valencia board have broke my contract. They offered me a new one during a transfer embargo so now my contract doesn't expire.

I was offerd a 4yr deal at £30kp/w but i could only accept a £15kp/w for 2yrs :disappointment:

EDIT: They just offered me a temp contract apparently till the takeover was done. New 5yr deal signed and sealed :D

Game does my nut in sometimes.

Signed Filipe Melo on a bosman and pay him £40k a week, one of my highest earners. January transfer window and clubs are sniffing around him, he says he would be interested in a move. Atletico put in a bid of £5M that I reject. I offer him to clubs a week later for £6M and he then starts a private conversation with me about how he is unhappy at being forced out and then ends up saying he cant play for me... fucking dick

FFS...

Signed Micah Richards, 750k and he sprains his ankle in training the next day, out for 4/5 weeks

Signed Milevskyi from Chelsea as he was in reserves, paying him £69,000 a week :anguish:

Can afford that but then fucking Ben Arfa had that match highest earner clause so hes getting paid the same :anguish:

FFS...

Signed Micah Richards, 750k and he sprains his ankle in training the next day, out for 4/5 weeks

Signed Milevskyi from Chelsea as he was in reserves, paying him £69,000 a week :anguish:

Can afford that but then fucking Ben Arfa had that match highest earner clause so hes getting paid the same :anguish:

Hate that. I signed Jenas on £40k per week and as soon as he signed I had about 5 players going on it :anguish: Whittaker, Davis, Bougherra, McGregor and Miller all going on it. Safe to say I never put that clause back in :lol:

Hate that. I signed Jenas on £40k per week and as soon as he signed I had about 5 players going on it :anguish: Whittaker, Davis, Bougherra, McGregor and Miller all going on it. Safe to say I never put that clause back in :lol:

Aye, Whittaker sneaked that in once, I never even paid attention. Now I ALWAYS check for it. I punted Whittaker soon after because there was no way he was matching my highest earners!

Beat Inter in the final after being dominated for 120 minutes, smash and grab on penalties. Then the board announce a new 83,000 seater stadium in my honour, woo. Downside is they have taken out a £150 million loan but Alistair Johnson (yes he's still chairman in 2024 :anguish:) has just loaned £45 million of his money to help with "running costs".