Is the SPL the most boring league in the World?

Eleven games in and the league has again become a battle between the Old Firm, almost double the points of the nearest contenders and becoming uncatchable.

It's early days yet and as a Gers fan I don't mind if we go through the season unbeaten but surely it can't be good for the SPL's reputation.If it carries on this way we would be better just playing the Tims 4 times a year and decide the title that way.

Most leagues end being between 2 or 3 teams not just the SPL.

I only watch Rangers games though, I honestly couldn't sit through an Edinburgh derby or any other SPL game.

The English Premiership is by far the most entertaining football these days.

Nothing against the PL, but I think the English really over hype it. I prefer La Liga and think the Bundesliga is becoming my 2nd favourite league after it.

this.there are some terrible games in the epl such as west brom v sunderland or blackpool v everton boring shite.

IMO its on par with the Championship.

I can sit down and watch it but I just watch any football thats on.

There is nothing wrong with Rangers and Celtic being so far ahead because it happens in most leagues and its always been this way.

Its certainly not the worst no.

When you look at top leagues across the world, you will see 2 or 3 teams who have dominated the top positions for the past decade.

England .... Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

France... Lyon have won 8 of the last 10 titles.

Germany ... Byern Munich won 7 out of last 10

Italy ... Inter Milan & Juventus have, between them, won 9 out of the last 10.

Spain ... Real Madrid & Barcelona have dominated for 10 yrs.

There is always a fluke & challenger but usually, the larger team with the best track record will eventually come out on top.

For me, it is about perception, the money is in those leagues, therefore the top players will chase that money there. When we has cash to splash, we had guys like Laudrup, Gascoine, Butcher, Woods, et al playing in our team.

A lack of money reduces our ability to attract the top names, who have a higher level of skill. We therefore have to go for 2nd & 3rd tier players or raise our own talent (which i think is the way to go).

When you look at top leagues across the world, you will see 2 or 3 teams who have dominated the top positions for the past decade.

England .... Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea

France... Lyon have won 8 of the last 10 titles.

Germany ... Byern Munich won 7 out of last 10

Italy ... Inter Milan & Juventus have, between them, won 9 out of the last 10.

Spain ... Real Madrid & Barcelona have dominated for 10 yrs.

There is always a fluke & challenger but usually, the larger team with the best track record will eventually come out on top.

For me, it is about perception, the money is in those leagues, therefore the top players will chase that money there. When we has cash to splash, we had guys like Laudrup, Gascoine, Butcher, Woods, et al playing in our team.

A lack of money reduces our ability to attract the top names, who have a higher level of skill. We therefore have to go for 2nd & 3rd tier players or raise our own talent (which i think is the way to go).

Point taken but it's the difference between the Old Firm and the rest, other leagues have their dominant clubs but do these clubs have the same points differentials, last season Hibs gave the Tims a run for 2nd place, this year?.

We didn't have a great game today but still won fairly easily, the Tims have a big enough squad that they could play two teams in the SPL !

It doesn't matter if you win the league by 1 point or 21 point .. history records that you won the league ( my quick internet search proved that, no points recorded just list of winners !!)

I am sure you couldn't list the points difference when we won the league say ... 6 or 7 yrs ago.

As a nation, we have 2 teams who dominate, just as the other top leagues have. What makes us different is how the leagues are perceived and THAT .... well that, is down to money.

I definitely don't think it's the worst, or the most boring.

The Bundesliga is probably the most entertaining league in the world. It's between that, the Premier League and La Liga.

Sure it comes down to us two every year, but I'd imagine that's the same in most countries. Countries such as Latvia, Belarus, Denmark etc, I'm sure they will only have a few major clubs, with the rest just making up the numbers.

Sure it comes down to us two every year, but I'd imagine that's the same in most countries. Countries such as Latvia, Belarus, Denmark etc, I'm sure they will only have a few major clubs, with the rest just making up the numbers.

6 different teams have won the Danish top division in the past 20 years.