Sportoptions

kplfishtank

Got a phone call today from Sportoptions telling me due to lack of numbers they will no longer be running a trip to Bursa

They offered us a really good deal, but for our group it didnt suit us and we had to bite the bullet and go with thomas Crook

If anyone else was on this trip then hopefully you can get sorted out

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was talking to a few folk in Valencia and the general concensus is that Bursa is a non event

the journey from Istanbul is apparantly a nightmare and theres nothing except the charter flights going direct to Bursa

What was the deal they were doing mate compared to Thomas Crook?

originally it was same trip for 65 quid less

they are still offering sunday to weds from edinburgh to istanbul, 2 nights in 4 star hotel , all bus and ferry transfers from istanbul to bursa for 400 quid

the time factor didnt suit most of our guys due to work/family commitments

Flight prices etc quite fancy it now,cheers

im not going indy now so not sure the going rate but if you check skyscanners for flights

think most folk are doing flights to istanbul and then onto bursa via ferry and bus

pm the booler or 1st_jan_1994 as im sure they are going indy

im not going indy now so not sure the going rate but if you check skyscanners for flights

think most folk are doing flights to istanbul and then onto bursa via ferry and bus

pm the booler or 1st_jan_1994 as im sure they are going indy

Thanks mate

I think the BA sale is still on.

I'm going BA Heathrow to Istanbul Mon-Weds

How are you getting from Istanbul to Bursa? the flights are around £250 with BA,could be worth us flying to heathrow with easyjet as the flight times are hours apart with BA.

try lufthansa from manchester or birmingham in to munich. they then have connecting flights direct from munich to bursa airport,i got a through deal from birmingham for less than £150return(for all 4 flights),last time i looked the cost from manchester was around £240 quid return(all 4 flights).only a couple of hours wait in munich for the connections.no need for a hotel either as the flight in to bursa lands around 2 am on the day of the game,and the return to munich is around 4.30am the morning after the game.

try lufthansa from manchester or birmingham in to munich. they then have connecting flights direct from munich to bursa airport,i got a through deal from birmingham for less than £150return(for all 4 flights),last time i looked the cost from manchester was around £240 quid return(all 4 flights).only a couple of hours wait in munich for the connections.no need for a hotel either as the flight in to bursa lands around 2 am on the day of the game,and the return to munich is around 4.30am the morning after the game.

Thanks mate that sounds better

How are you getting from Istanbul to Bursa? the flights are around £250 with BA,could be worth us flying to heathrow with easyjet as the flight times are hours apart with BA.

Taxi to the ferryport, fast ferry across then getting courtesy transport from the other port to the hotel then getting pished. :beer1:

(I paid £140 for the flights)

Taxi to the ferryport, fast ferry across then getting courtesy transport from the other port to the hotel then getting pished. :beer1:

(I paid £140 for the flights)

Sportoptions deal with 2 nights stay is still a good one for bears looking to get away.

I am finalising payment details for my buses to Bursa from Istanbul on matchday. Still have a limited amount of spaces if anyone is intereted pm me.

Sportoptions deal with 2 nights stay is still a good one for bears looking to get away.

I am finalising payment details for my buses to Bursa from Istanbul on matchday. Still have a limited amount of spaces if anyone is intereted pm me.

How much, and what times are you leaving/returning? I'm there Mon-Thurs but I've still not decided where to spend my time. Cheers.

I hope to go to a european away game next year but I know nothing about booking flights, finding a hotel,how much is a reasonable price.I thought £400 was good :lol:

That will cover your drink for an overnighter! :D

It all depends where it is, and how early you book. If you book up when the draw is made you can get some cheap deals. My flights to Turkey were £73 return, whereas Valencia were double that because I did that second.

Me and my mate are taking the following route if it helps:

Glasgow to Luton with EasyJet

Luton to Sabiha Gocksen (Istanbul) with EasyJet

90 minute bus journey into Taksim Square

Staying Mon to Thurs in Hotel Residence B&B

Taking the bus/ferry to Bursa and back on the day of the game (organised by cosmoger)

Flights are costing £50 from Glasgow to Luton and £73 from Luton to Istanbul.

Hotel is costing £65 each for the 3 nights B&B.

Cosmogers bus/ferry is around £30 per person (I think)

So all in the trip is costing in the region of £230 each for 4 days.

Hope this helps - if anyone needs any more info/details please don't hesitate to ask.

WATP

How much, and what times are you leaving/returning? I'm there Mon-Thurs but I've still not decided where to spend my time. Cheers.

Casey - see my post above. We could be on the same flights mate.

We've decided that cosmogers idea is the best bet as it gives us the whole day Wednesday in Istanbul for a wee look-see.

It also takes away the need to make 7.30am ferries in both directions.

We were a bit apprehensive of the travelling involved in the beginning as my mate says the ferries are unreliable in Winter but we're feeling a lot better about it now with this bus arrangement.