Fixtures

kplfishtank

right ive been banging on about this since i studied the fixtures, and i got the old ,we play each other the same amount of times blah blah blah

can someone explain to me from tomorrow how of our next 7 fixtures we have 5 away from home including two double away games, killie then dundee utd, then later we play motherwell and st johnstone

i honestly have no idea how a canadian computer cannot just give teams home and away fixtures alternately with maybe 1 double away or home fixture set at most(we have 5 away double headers)

this is all on top of us visiting both edinburgh clubs in the first and third quarter of fixtures(something thats never been done in spl of sfl ever)

i still think rangers will win the league but it will be one of our greatest ever title wins if we do

rant over and anyone who disagrees will be banned for 1 week :D

I think the fixture system is a joke, not only in the sense that that we are playing a lot of double away games (although that does reverse to double home at some point id imagine?) but when we played everyone once, we used to repeat the same order but playing at the other stadium. Now we are playing St Mirren again in less than 4 weeks after having played them two weeks ago

same with all citys I think

probably, which would then bring in the fact that even though they are in seperate leagues, dundee and dundee united would have to play at home different weeks from each other etc.

right ive been banging on about this since i studied the fixtures, and i got the old ,we play each other the same amount of times blah blah blah

can someone explain to me from tomorrow how of our next 7 fixtures we have 5 away from home including two double away games, killie then dundee utd, then later we play motherwell and st johnstone

i honestly have no idea how a canadian computer cannot just give teams home and away fixtures alternately with maybe 1 double away or home fixture set at most(we have 5 away double headers)

this is all on top of us visiting both edinburgh clubs in the first and third quarter of fixtures(something thats never been done in spl of sfl ever)

i still think rangers will win the league but it will be one of our greatest ever title wins if we do

rant over and anyone who disagrees will be banned for 1 week :D

See if you wake up in the morning and think you've made an arse of yourself, will you ban yourself for a week? :craphead:

probably, which would then bring in the fact that even though they are in seperate leagues, dundee and dundee united would have to play at home different weeks from each other etc.

In Italy just about every (if not every team) share stadiums right throughout the leagues. For example, Hellas Verona in Serie C/1 and Chievo Verona in Serie A and they manage quite fine there throughout all their teams, right through the three professional leagues, to avoid the bullshit fixture lists that come out the computer over here.

You'd think there was no such thing as communication at all in this, the wondrous age of communication, that we couldn't ask them how organise a proper fucking league program.

So many things to consider when doing the fixtures. Like keeping Rangers and Celtic, Hibs and Hearts away from each other in the same weekend. I have been told they try not to have Hearts and home when Scotland are playing at Murrayfield too, which I have no idea if that is true and I have no real desire to go back and check fixtures from past seasons to see if its true. I know last week they played on a Sunday at home against Celtic after the Scotland All Blacks game was on the Saturday though. All the variables that go into it are not as straightforward as a simple draw. In the past people have argued about us getting bad runs, but often Celtic had just as bad periods in the fixture list, it seems though that this year we have had an exceptionally bad run!

The same teams have played each other in the Scottish league since the dawn of time now. Television coverage apart these days there seems little reason for the fixtures to be such a total cluster fuck. How did they manage the old home/away strategy so simply and efficiently for all those years with little or no reason for anyone to get pissed off?

The gripe I have with this yrs fixtures

We played hearts, sheep, hivs& celtic away in the 1st 11 games while the tims have had it the other way. The spl is set up of 3x11 of fixtures followed by the split of 5games

We will have played the above four teams away twice b4 the split while 'they' will be away only once to these teams pre split. Post split doesn't make it any better tbh as the above teams barring the tims may not be in the top 6.

It's very un-even over the course of the season IMO

its to do with the police beeing too streached to be able to cope with the amount of fans when 2 teams play at home in the same city

That makes it more difficult with Glasgow as there are more than just 2 teams in the leagues. If it were only us and the pish stained, excrement smeared, mucus dwelling, pond life from the east end of the city, it wouldn’t be so tough.

I'm going to disagree just so I see you try and ban me for a week :pipe:

i dont have the powers to ban fellow directors but if i did you would be first to go

and can you please stop following me around the board kev as ive told you on many occasions youre just not me type...... get over it and move on :D